Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

... wife knows who made them... fresh.

these home-made tortillas last about 2 days before they mold. The commercial  ones last how long?  As in, they don't support life.

..........Just a thought

Not the same at all, and fresh? don't get that or fresh pasta anymore. But the bag of Mission tortillas we had lasted five days this week, no signs of life except for montezuma having me turn the ceiling fan up a notch a couple times

• Haha 2

we get hand/home made tamales, too. Living on the border does have some advantages. Wife is "la profesora", and is treated accordingly

I like one of the gals/family's recipe better than the others for green corn tamales. They use chiles with a little bite.

Nice, we've got stands everywhere the past decades.

There were signs down there advertising my utopian dream hometown.

So other side of the boulevard I can get the good fresh pork tamales and every kind of fresh pepper I know better than to touch. Could probably find fresh tortillas but they remember my bright red cap so I don't spend too much time in there.

• Haha 2

thought I had things pretty well arranged in the doghouse. Last night, I was kicking back... listening to music

CLANG!!!

stuff falling off the shelves. Still trying to damp this metal shelf. Doesn't require excess volume. Just the right note.   ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ

• Haha 3

Such an awful problem to have.

Me I'm tired from being outside working in the yard all day. It's heating up here.

Just discovered an old fave revived with John Mayer of all people, Yea he can jam but did not trip my trigger..... until now.

Dam* that boy has a good ear!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

thought I had things pretty well arranged in the doghouse. Last night, I was kicking back... listening to music

CLANG!!!

stuff falling off the shelves. Still trying to damp this metal shelf. Doesn't require excess volume. Just the right note.   ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ

Show us a pic of the metal shelves issue....maybe some Velcro peel'n'stick will solve it...but hard to tell where the issue really lays without pics!  You would be very surprised how many uses those rolls of Velcro Peel'N'Stick have!😉

For instance, my very first climbing deer stand had this aluminum seat on it, but I had to remove it each time I climbed into it...so, I just never used its fasteners anymore...well if I moved "just wrong" while sitting on it, it would make a clank/rattle sound!  Had to solve the problem...easy solution, Velcro peel'n'stick!...NOT the hook-side, just the loop-side...Problem solved!  Too easy!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

CLANG!!!

=== avoid That note 🎵🎶🔊📢 - You’re welcome —

• Haha 2

Just now, dtel said:

Smoked meatloaf and baked macaroni and cheese, peas.

Eastern NC pulled barbeque sandwiches, fried okra, hush puppies and my famous half-sweetened Luzianne iced tea!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Mmmmm, can't keep up w/the Joneses tonite sooo, being honest I just had about 3 handfuls of sourdough pretzel nuggets and chasin it all w/Diet Coke.  Thinkin about a run up to Lake Erie tomorrow and snaggin a pound of breaded perch n fries.  Great weekend here weather wise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Mmmmm, can't keep up w/the Joneses tonite sooo, being honest I just had about 3 handfuls of sourdough pretzel nuggets and chasin it all w/Diet Coke.  Thinkin about a run up to Lake Erie tomorrow and snaggin a pound of breaded perch n fries.  Great weekend here weather wise.

I'm drinkin' my  supper, LOL!  Lemme see....which one first? Ayinger Brauweisse...or...Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier….I'll go with "the new kid on the block"...Ayinger(est. 1878)...THEN "the Old man on the block"...Weihenstephaner(est. 1040)...works for me!😁 

Memorial day weekend and a mental trip back to my days humping a rucksack in Bavaria...Hohenfels and Wildflecken, each a problem in and of itself to overcome...one high altitude with steep slopes and unforgiving extreme weather; the other not so much of a problem altitude wise, but forest-wise it was like trying to get through a thicket of briars...a thicket that went on and on and on...with no seeming end in sight!  You definitely learned why the Black Forest was called that!  The only reprieve was the excellent Bavarian brews!!  So here's to you, Bavaria!!  Ching! Ching!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Rainy Sunday morning and brewing pot number 2 of DD.  Got the Weber back up on the deck after 2 storms that blew it off and everything still works, just needs some cosmetics, but will get me through for a little while.  Something to be said for the build quality of this Summit, crashed down about 4'.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Yes sirree, Webers have always been pretty good. Got one of the big round ones now. Think the charcoal has changed over the last twenty years though, I get the flame to the top of the chimney then dump to direct/indirect cook and it just doesn't last as long as it used to. No I'm not talking about the match-light.

• Like 3

@JohnJ

you using "lump" or "briquettes".  And... mesquite, oak, cherry ....?

While I'm on a ramble

what's the deal with "planking"?...

I'm not too keen on the flavor of pine-sol. Coniferous wood isn't ranked too high for BBQ. Why would you waste a good piece of ... by strapping it to a plank of cedar and roast/burn it? Moths don't eat flesh. You're safe there.

figured it out

It's gin drinkers that like it

• Haha 1

`morning @WillyBob

It's Kingsford Natural Professional Competition Briquettes. Whew!

That's what they have on sale at the warehouse in two 18# bags for what you'd pay for less than half that much at walmart or anywhere else.

Think they just gave a fancy name to their contractor grade product? :huh2:

Never done planking I use the grates.

* just searched that convoluted name and most folks at their website said the same thing.

Burns hot but too fast.

I'll pay more at the walmart next time, lesson learned. 

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

I started buying lump from across the line. Wife know them, too. 

It's mesquite. It not anything like the processed briquettes. Burns different. I'm at a loss for words [there's a switch] to describe the difference. Hotter, for sure.

I use oak, too. Not the white or red... Live oak, I think it is.  Should [and do] know...having a senior moment. sorry

in Spanish... bellota

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I be leaning into the wind today...

any of you seen the schick bikini trimmer commercial?  3 bikini clad ladies standing behind crotch high bonsai topiaries and attempting to prune them...

just checking..

Yes, it is funny, you couldn't have that commercial 20 years ago. We have a friend that his wife works at a place that does waxing, whenever I see her I ask how's the cat shearing business going?

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

what's the deal with "planking"?...

I'm not too keen on the flavor of pine-sol. Coniferous wood isn't ranked too high for BBQ. Why would you waste a good piece of ... by strapping it to a plank of cedar and roast/burn it?

Never tried it but not crazy about the idea myself.

• Haha 2