The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

the scary part of finding one of those in your house... they are finding large enough items to eat.

We just shoo them out..

... and if you need something to keep ugly/scary in perspective

check out sun spider/soldefuge[?].  Big AND ugly.  No venom... they will bite the shyte outa ya. They can eat June bugs... Chew them up, eat them...

wife is torn between  Lord of the Rings and StarWars being on all weekend. Me, I am thankful for/to have the doghouse...

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rplace said:

Legs about the size of the palm of my hand. Pretty big from my experience

Whaaa? And how many legs does that big sukka have? 10? Or is that two sets of fangs up front?

It's an alien!

do not click:

NSFW

NSFChildren

NSFSnowflakes

bad words ahead

Remember Z-Rock was blasted loudly by our military for days 24 hrs a day to pester manuel noriega to give. Think they ended up shelling his palace.

Played this on our am z-rock station here back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw-m4jEY-Ns

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

we did have a house guest that I did mind.

A baby rattler came in with some wood, thawed out and went under the stove. 2 months we on edge... the stove doesn't move it's a 2cu/ft Englander. Couple hundred pounds w/o the fire brick

The cats alerted us to the snake.  Cats and snakes seem to be mortal enemies.  When our cats aren't telegraphing their punches, you can't see them. Think cat/snake are on level ground where quick is involved

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Does anybody here remember back in the mid-70's when Yamaha came out with a home speaker that had a woofer shaped like a baby grand piano soundboard?  It was heavily-touted by them as the way of the future and then it just suddenly kinda disappeared from their line-up after a year or so!  I kinda figured that they probably had too many issues with blown woofers in it, myself...since the power wars were in full-blown activity about  the same time!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Like these?

8EC5CFEF-9062-4D34-94AC-B7D089D7632A.jpeg

Yep...but they had some with more mid and hf drivers, too, IIRC!  LONG TIME AGO!  Either way...I certainly remember that the woofer took up almost the entire motor-board area...when compared with most of the other Japanese-made competition, anyway!

• Like 1

Here’s a link to a discussion of “Ear” speakers:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-ear-speakers.485065/

They were, apparently, open baffle.  I recall reading about them, but I never heard a pair.  As I recall, Shakespeare mentioned them in Julius Caesar, when Marc Antony said, “ . . . . lend me your ears.”

53828797-4B8A-404B-9030-18DA3C809E02.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, rplace said:

I let him go and do his own thing

Usually I capture them and put them outside with a warning to not come back in...they only get one warning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Here’s a link to a discussion of “Ear” speakers:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-ear-speakers.485065/

They were, apparently, open baffle.  I recall reading about them, but I never heard a pair.  As I recall, Shakespeare mentioned them in Julius Caesar, when Marc Antony said, “ . . . . lend me your ears.”

Ok Diz, that is the limit on puns for this holiday. I have only been up for a couple hours and have had to suffer trough your Caesar joke, in one thread, your often used "foam call" routine in another thread and now I stumbled on this one. I am afraid to go to any other thread for fear of more "levity"!  Moderation my friend, moderation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hear, hear! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Weekend project. More work than I thought.

rps20190527_124932.thumb.jpg.4883899264c75c29afa59e071e1839fd.jpg

rps20190527_124834.thumb.jpg.e6ce1e19e7b06df587cf33ed2c7ba31f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, rplace said:

rps20190527_124932.thumb.jpg.4883899264c75c29afa59e071e1839fd.jpg

rps20190527_124834.thumb.jpg.e6ce1e19e7b06df587cf33ed2c7ba31f.jpg

Very nice work...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

It always is more than expected, but you did very well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back to work.  Busted butt this weekend getting the grill resurrected/pool opened and ready to swim/landscape bed cleanup/mulching/cutting grass.  Going back to work because I need a break.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tuesday morning and I'm almost sober.  We ended up putting my 396's on the back patio this weekend and the more we drank the louder it got.  I generally try to be a good neighbor with regards to volume but failed miserably this weekend.  I earned the right to wear my "Pissing off the neighbors" t-shirt Sunday night.

On the garage front, I finally finished priming the ceiling this weekend.  Chad hasn't fixed the error message I get when posting from my phone so I haven't been able to post pictures.  I still need to paint the ceiling, hang lights and garage door opener, install trim and make shelves.  A lot left to do but I'm getting close to the finish line.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I finally finished priming the ceiling this weekend.  Chad hasn't fixed the error message I get when posting from my phone so I haven't been able to post pictures. 

I'd rather watch golf.

… o O (adventures in CCC land.. )  speakin' bout "I's"

My 2004 Silverado was stolen 2 weeks ago, from work... instead of posting, I find myself looking at want ad's, making offer's... searching the history of truck problem's.... even searching building one from the ground up, from a roller sans the engine and trans... (have a 65 to go see Friday). I'm pretty well dead set on not getting another 2004 Silverado... cheer's !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Tuesday morning and I'm almost sober.  We ended up putting my 396's on the back patio this weekend and the more we drank the louder it got.  I generally try to be a good neighbor with regards to volume but failed miserably this weekend.  I earned the right to wear my "Pissing off the neighbors" t-shirt Sunday night.

I guess they don't call you the Slushie Man for nothing!

Some young-ins do some crazy-deadly crap on a dare from facepalm or twitverse and think they know how to party.

Unh Uh.

They should hang out with someone that was a teen or 20 something in the 1970s, They wouldn't make it until the am:laugh:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (adventures in CCC land.. )  speakin' bout "I's"

My 2004 Silverado was stolen 2 weeks ago, from work... instead of posting, I find myself looking at want ad's, making offer's... searching the history of truck problem's.... even searching building one from the ground up, from a roller sans the engine and trans... (have a 65 to go see Friday). I'm pretty well dead set on not getting another 2004 Silverado... cheer's !

Thieves suck.  Sorry to hear that.

• Like 3