Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

@Tarheel

Good to hear you're feeling well enough to ....

was pruning the bush/trees today.  Came across my least favorite pest....  bees. In the ceiling/roof of one of my sheds.  Immediate trip to the store for some raid. Not something I keep around. I don't think they've been there long. Not a big enough space to get too crazy. One can should be ample.Hope I got the queen this attack.

=== now, when you’re in the kill zone with bees/wasps have you ever had one fly up your sarong? Or do you dress in your finest bee keeper attire - jeans, boots, long sleeves, netting, the works?  Just curious— 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== now, when you’re in the kill zone with bees/wasps have you ever had one fly up your sarong?

That would bee rough, but it is that sarong that gave him the idea for his name here.

36 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Somebody say something? 

I would if I could think if something, but I really like your wife, she seems perfectly normal and funny, even after all those years of you two being together she doing just fine.  :huh2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

I would if I could think if something, but I really like your wife, she seems perfectly normal and funny, even after all those years of you two being together she doing just fine.  :huh2:

Thanks Elden.  Why she hangs around is a mystery to me but I'm certainly thankful.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Too hot for coffee.

Coke-cola & a chicken bis-sit.

With you on the biscuit We've got Bojangles close & they started out in this berg.

Sweet cola? Yuck, must have had my tastes change over the years.

OJ, cold, cold oj !!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Tree service prices may vary🤔  One company wanted $2685 to take down the Sweet Gum that was hit by lightning.  Another one this morning wanted $800.  What to do?

If the guys that want only $800 are accredited and insured use them. (period)

That is if they offer the same services, take down, remove and clean up.

It's for removal, not to prune, shape and beautify.

Make sure you're on the same page about how the property is protected and that they won't cause destruction other than that tree.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WillyBob said:

@Tarheel

Good to hear you're feeling well enough to ....

was pruning the bush/trees today.  Came across my least favorite pest....  bees. In the ceiling/roof of one of my sheds.  Immediate trip to the store for some raid. Not something I keep around. I don't think they've been there long. Not a big enough space to get too crazy. One can should be ample.Hope I got the queen this attack.

I highly recommend Bayer Tempo 1% dust for wasps. You can get it on Amazon, along with a duster for less than $40. Last summer I had a wasp nest under my siding under the eaves of the roof, dusted it with tempo and they were gone (including the queen) within a day. This spring at my new place I used it to knock out multiple ant nests around the perimeter of the deck. One bottle will last years.

From my understanding this is what the pros use, its pretty impressive. Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Zack R said:

I highly recommend Bayer Tempo 1% dust for wasps.

Welcome

But the Bayer Tempo takes all the fun out of John J's flame thrower idea, but probably a little safer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, dtel said:

Welcome

But the Bayer Tempo takes all the fun out of John J's flame thrower idea, but probably a little safer.  

No fire involved with that petrol!

Problem is: if you're 40 feet up on a ladder when you throw it and miss the hive.... you gotta have gloves on (not likely unless using epoxy paint) put your hands and feet on the outside of the ladder(s) and slide down FAST or else you'll get it from those mean little b^st*$ds.

Worst I ever had it was yellowjackets, stepped out of my truck to visit an old friend when I was back here once. There was this evergreen foliage ground cover either side of the drive for a couple feet out. Had no choice but to step in it.

They flew up the leg of my 501s and twenty of them got me even past my knee in like three seconds. Had to shuck my pants fast outside in broad daylight, being young and proud didn't wear briefs or nuthin' so I had to jump back in the truck for a while.

Neighbors got a free shot!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Tree service prices may vary🤔  One company wanted $2685 to take down the Sweet Gum that was hit by lightning.  Another one this morning wanted $800.  What to do?

does the $800 have insurance ?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, babadono said:

@WillyBob you're talking about bees not wasps, right?

honeybees

Used to have 20 hives ...  pretty familiar with the creatures.

there many breeds of honeybee. Kinda like saying "dog".  I preferred Buckfast.  They are/were bred in TX.

someone bred some bees that would not sting... unfortunately, they didn't do anything else. You had to feed them.

• Like 1

@dirtmudd

🤣nice editing...... you could always get a job at "major" media or on Capitol Hill !!

That's why they had to come off... they were getting higher! Tight jeans went out with high school!

Used to share... , never got told it was nuthin.

It was "The h*ll you say" & "No you're not going to..." a few times back in the day:cool:

Randy Newman and his "short people" parody tune were ignorant !!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@dirtmudd

🤣nice editing...... you could always get a job at "major" media or on Capitol Hill !!

That's why they had to come off... they were getting higher! Tight jeans went out with high school!

Used to share... , never got told it was nuthin.

It was "The h*ll you say" & "No you're not going to..." a few times back in the day:cool:

Randy Newman and his "short people" parody tune were ignorant !!

I had a run in with a bee... riding my motorcycle... the bed hit my helmet

down my shirt and in my pants....

and there was nuttin about it....

the bee got me good....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1