Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

While on the topic of cars......what is your favorite tune about them.  Little Deuce Coupe "she get's pushed out of shape and hard to steer when I get rubber in all four gears".

This and Low Rider by WAR was the first I thought of.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richieb said:

 

=== speaking of headlights, actually “headlight assemblies”, a replacement headlight for a new mid-line Lexus SUV is running about $1800. Typically they are $600-1000. Repairing a mirror on a BMW - $1200. It’s easy to see the how and why insurance rates have become ridiculously high. This week I’ve been helping my stepson at his body shop and was doing a tear down and re-skin on a Ford aluminum pick up bed. You want to talk about a cluster f—k repair process, this is it. 

I don't intend to ever own anything past 2010 for these reasons you all mention. Stupid high prices on everything and engineered super high repair costs to help make up for low interest loans. I am NOT going to own something to small nor one that has to have the body raised off the frame to work on the engine. My Ford E150 hauls a ton of stuff and gets 17 to 18 on the highway and is not stupid expensive to work on. I has a look at one of the new body styles and one glimpse into the engine compartment cured me of all desire to smell new again.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot Rod Lincoln

 

@richieb

I swore off working on Ford after replacing the water pump on my dad's '67 LTD.  Everything on the engine was bolted to it  .

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Good one dtel!

I'm old what can I say.

 

10 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I don't intend to ever own anything past 2010 for these reasons you all mention. Stupid high prices on everything and engineered super high repair costs to help make up for low interest loans. I am NOT going to own something to small nor one that has to have the body raised off the frame to work on the engine. My Ford E150 hauls a ton of stuff and gets 17 to 18 on the highway and is not stupid expensive to work on. I has a look at one of the new body styles and one glimpse into the engine compartment cured me of all desire to smell new again.

I don't blame you at all, that Saturn is the car we use all the time, if we got anything newer it wouldn't be by much younger. 

 

I have an old ugly style truck, 89 chevy 3/4 ton, no dents just faded paint and it already has the plate/ball in the back bed to connect to the trailer.  No AC and an AM radio that don't even work, but the truck has 43K miles, 23k from me. People ask why don't you get a new truck well, 1. I am cheap 2.except for looks there is nothing wrong with this one it runs great and i expect it to last longer than me. It only pulls the trailer to move things or the tractor with an occasional trip to the hardware store when things would not fit in the car. Part of the reason it has low miles and the tires rot off of it before they wear out.

Right now it's kind of taken apart to be repainted, kind of like putting lipstick on a pig even with the body in great shape, no dents.

 

.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go WillyBob.

 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-federal-laws-now-allow-174612307.html

 

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona farmers will soon begin planting hemp as its byproduct - CBD oil - is exploding in popularity, with some supporters saying it could overtake a traditional crop in the state because there's more money in the cannabis plant than cotton.

The emerging market for hemp, which contains ultra-low levels of the THC that creates a high in marijuana, will be focused in Arizona on producing flowers and seeds that can be used to make CBD oils, said Randy Pullen, a former state Republican Party chairman and hemp processing company investor who helped set up a state chapter of the Hemp Industries Association.

CBD oils are increasingly being used in foods and as pain relievers, as well as for other medical conditions. In April, however, the Food and Drug Administration issued warning letters to companies for making unapproved health claims about CBD products.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like my Olds. It's a beater. Reliable beater. No roadio. No A/C   yeah, I left the typo.. seems to work. Pain't? Not with our sun. Rust ? Not with [out] our rain.

 All the plastic and rubber are chalking away.  They don't hold up the the sun either.Don't fall for fiberglass window frames. Resin cooks away, too.  Metal? It lasts forever.  You can find old beer cans that take a church key, laying out in /around here.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

=== now my sad story. My 1999 Chevy Silverado, 5.3 LS V8 very nice, extremely low miles at 62K. Use it on occasion in bad weather, hauling etc. After we used it last weekend my stepson borrows it the next day and calls later in the day telling me the engine is locked up. He knows his way around anything automotive, tells me he was loading some stuff, started and stopped a couple times, heard a strange noise, got worse, turned it off, then louder metallic noise, turned off, that’s it. Locked up, won’t even turn over now. And yes, oil is changed regularly. It’s a machine, shite happens I guess —

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Low Rider was another that I heard all the time as a 8-12 year old.

Hot Rod Lincoln wow! great story song:

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dtel said:

Here you go WillyBob.

 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/state-federal-laws-now-allow-174612307.html

 

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona farmers will soon begin planting hemp as its byproduct - CBD oil - is exploding in popularity, with some supporters saying it could overtake a traditional crop in the state because there's more money in the cannabis plant than cotton.

The emerging market for hemp, which contains ultra-low levels of the THC that creates a high in marijuana, will be focused in Arizona on producing flowers and seeds that can be used to make CBD oils,

CBD oils are increasingly being used in foods and as pain relievers, as well as for other medical conditions. In April, however, the Food and Drug Administration issued warning letters to companies for making unapproved health claims about CBD products.

 

seems the line has changed

... they were talking fiber hemp.  The marijuana farmers were complaining about the pollen contaminating their crop/s.

Hemp for CBD is grown the same as "regular"... no seeds. I don't think the seeds have anything but nutritional value.  No "active" ingredients.

 

the CBD craze will ebb, like all the other fad food/cures. I'm not saying it isn't good for some things. but .... not everything "they" claim.

 

 

   Was just reflecting on the nopale fad. Miracle food and all. Ya know what nopale is?  Prickly Pear pads.

We are waiting for tuna season. No fins or gills. Tuna is prickly pear fruit... When we see red faced dove... we know they're ripe.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richieb said:

 

=== now my sad story. My 1999 Chevy Silverado, 5.3 LS V8 very nice, extremely low miles at 62K. Use it on occasion in bad weather, hauling etc. After we used it last weekend my stepson borrows it the next day and calls later in the day telling me the engine is locked up. He knows his way around anything automotive, tells me he was loading some stuff, started and stopped a couple times, heard a strange noise, got worse, turned it off, then louder metallic noise, turned off, that’s it. Locked up, won’t even turn over now. And yes, oil is changed regularly. It’s a machine, shite happens I guess —

Take the serpentine belt off and see if it will turn over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

...
the CBD craze will ebb, like all the other fad food/cures. I'm not saying it isn't good for some things. but .... not everything "they" claim.

...

I have been using CBD oil since last Memorial Day so a little over a year and for me and for ME it has definite beneficial effects! I'm an RN and now also a Cannabis Nurse! And I can teach all about cannabinoids.

John Kuthe, BSN, RN, Cannabis Nurse...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started taking placebos and I feel much better now (sarcasm for oldtimer).

 

Keith

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Take the serpentine belt off and see if it will turn over.

Great idea, I would have never thought it was possible but I had an alternator lock up once and it would not let the engine turn over. 

 

A different time on a jeep we had an AC compressor lock up when the motor was running and broke the belt instantly. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
17 minutes ago, T2K said:

I started taking placebos and I feel much better now (sarcasm for oldtimer).

 

Keith

Well, that's some good shit.

 

The rate that placebos work can easily be over 50% and close to 60% on average. A capsule works better than a pill and mutable capsules a day work even better, it even came down to the color, some had better effect.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's strange, I typed a word that is supposedly not allowed thinking it would not post it but it did, and now it will not let me edit it. I even signed out and back in and I can not change it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit is allowed.

One pill makes you larger

One pill makes you small

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It being allowed is pretty obvious most of the time, I put my share on here also.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, so you must have meant placebo, as in "the American people are being fed placebos, which makes them think things are cured while the country slowly disintegrates as it falls farther and farther away from its constitution and the rule of law."

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather have a placebo than some of the medicine out there.

 

 

The American people, yes, has been for a very long time, they do what they want as long as the worker bees are somewhat happy or bullshitted enough to not complain much. Without worker bees, they don't have trillions to spend, used to be millions but they have moved on, business is good. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...