The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

14 minutes ago, USNRET said:

3/2/1 baby backs on the pellet grill.

I have had really good luck with that method.

Wish I had some on right now.

should've come out and closed the doghouse up earlier. A wee bit stuffy/warm. I'm glad to have the A/C, even if I don't really care for A/C. It's dry enough w/o the A/C.

waffling on the Heresy for the doghouse. A decent [if there is such a thing] pair of bookshelf would fit a lot easier. I already have 2lb of shit packed into the 1lb box. Spec on some are better than Heresy... specs aren't the whole story.

• Like 1

I would think either one would be a letdown from inside.

• Like 1

Amen!

the more I read of comparisons.... I got the golden ticket... first draw

repaired wife's dinner from last night. She made pot roast. She should have pulled it out earlier or later.

side note

I have no idea why she fixes roast or soup when it's 100`.... none whatsoever

Made gravy out of the "drippings" [was more like rich soup stock], sliced the meat into it and called it open face roast beef sandwiches.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I have had really good luck with that method.

Wish I had some on right now.

That's my method as well.  Pretty foolproof for us fools......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

.... I'd be happy with a couple slices of sour dough bread, cheese, homegrown tomato and mayo between. We could prolly cook in the Weber w/o a fire. I bet it get 160` with the lid closed... and on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

couple slices of sour dough bread, cheese, homegrown tomato and mayo between

I like your thinking......Although I won't be able to get any good tomatoes for at least another month......

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WillyBob said:

.... I'd be happy with a couple slices of sour dough bread, cheese, homegrown tomato and mayo between. We could prolly cook in the Weber w/o a fire. I bet it get 160` with the lid closed... and on.

Where's the bacon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Where's the bacon?

• Like 7

They will be alot of well-done bacon out there by this evening. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

By the time the pork butts were done, I had smelled enough of it and the smoke and ate very little. After it was pulled then cooled I put in the refrigerator, I need to deal with it today. 31.5 pounds before cooking then removing the bones and cooking off the fat, probably 25 pounds of meat left?

Connect this on a cordless drill on high and pull 4 butts in about 1 minute, works great.

Edit; almost forgot put the butts in a big pot that is tall, or your dogs will be very happy when it flies everywhere when using this. 

AA77D474-224A-4C3B-BECD-9AB1B9A8032A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Connect this on a cordless drill on high and pull 4 butts in about 1 minute, works great.

Where in the world did you come up with that?  I spend more time pulling than I do tending to them (typically do 3 or 4 at a time like you).  I'm like you, most of the time when I'm done doing a long cook, I'm not hungry anymore for what I just finished, with the exception of picking some of the prime pieces and bark.  I freeze it up as well, but there's never really a time when it taste as good as the initial pull after resting when it comes off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

I'm not hungry anymore for what I just finished, with the exception of picking some of the prime pieces and bark.

Ok can't lie, that was the very little I talked about, the bark is the best part.

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Where in the world did you come up with that? 

Stole the idea off the internet and made one years ago, they were expensive back then about $70, now many people are selling them.

This just one video showing how it works.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Soooooooo, that's the secret... I always felt badly for the poor lil minion who had to tear up all that pork in the big tray...  Not anymore!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hello all, thought I would let you know I have not died. Just got a new job that has taken over my life. 

Small world, I was having lunch today when a guy walks up and says I met you and Travis at the Klipsch Pilgrimage. What are the odds? Even more so when he lives in Dallas and just happened to be in San Antonio today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good thing it hasn’t been hot here (115 heat indices), after 6 days we got the a/c working again. Two year old $$$$ unit had the run capacitor and fan fail. 10 year warranty but the capacitor is deemed consumable. $50 cap and $75 service call. I just ordered a spare cap via ammmazon prime for $12.

Crappy contractor grade unit on the kiddos side purring along for 9 years.

Luther, who was the non stranger?

FFFFF****CK IT JUST FAILED AGAIN!

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

FFFFF****CK IT JUST FAILED AGAIN!

Your house sucks.

Great to see you posting Luther!

• Like 3