Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The USPS is testing new fleet vehicles to replace the current ones, so I suspect there will be a lot of surplus on the market soon.  I did see a very old one put to civilian use in town recently, seems like a perfect beater.  So those things are Jeeps, do they use standard parts?

Standard parts except the steering column and gear naturally.  Those can still be ordered through a Jeep dealership.  Be aware that the transmissions and brakes are abused heavily in these due to all the start and stop driving they do.  We routinely install external aftermarket transmission oil coolers during the first overhaul which seems to help.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, richieb said:

== long distance motorcycle riders. A remedy for “swamp asss”. While I’ve never indulged there have been many times I wish I had —

Well, if it's already too late this works great, used it on little grandkids.

a2310ade-1054-458f-a6ca-a9bbc7d85c91_1.6af8755291fb9a6050692c0a154ec4ca.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators

That's alot of spraying. 

I stopped buying that brand a long time ago, anything with Glyphosate in it is the same, don't pay extra for a brand name. All that is important is the percentage of active ingredient.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's alot of spraying. 

I stopped buying that brand a long time ago, anything with Glyphosate in it is the same, don't pay extra for a brand name. All that is important is the percentage of active ingredient.

Roger that. I use Farmworks brand, about 1/10 the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was listening to DaveClark5 last night.  lol  Bits and Pieces is heavy metal for the day..  Mitch Ryder on now

Summer solstice. Should be doing something... just doggin'.

Would like to go fishing. I'm on the verge of converting my '89 Olds 88 into an "ElCamino" in order to facilitate loading my little boat. The boat is a narrow, shallow 12ft aluminum rowboat. Light. I don't trust my back to cartop it. I have a pretty good method.  I load the boat from the side of the car. Staging the boat is critical. Wanna stand the boat on its corner, like a refrigerator, spin it 90` and lay it across the roof. Push it to balance. Spin it 90`, parallel to the car now... Tie down. Took me 15 min.  I've seen guys jockying trailers longer.

Sumatran coffee. Enjoying the change. The Mexican beans are very good... variety is nice.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm on the verge of converting my '89 Olds 88 into an "ElCamino" in order to facilitate loading my little boat.

A sawzall and 30 minutes should do it. This we will need a picture of. 

• Haha 3