The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Good Morning!  Got cables, lots of coffee and can't wait until 4 to add the cocktails!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

that's why I get up at 3:45. 

how y'all are today?

been looking for a misplaced cup of coffee. 4 or 5 days.  Found it yesterday. I gave up on looking for it a couple days ago. I knew it was in the yard... somewhere.   Of all the places, it was sitting on the metal lawn table. Why would I have set it on a TABLE? That almost sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

... and why did I leave my coffee in the house? Be right back

mo bettah

ordered a belt for my turntable. Not a fancy table. Technics SL20. Might be worth the $5 for the belt. It's been sitting for 20 years.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

that's why I get up at 3:45. 

how y'all are today?

been looking for a misplaced cup of coffee. 4 or 5 days.  Found it yesterday. I gave up on looking for it a couple days ago. I knew it was in the yard... somewhere.   Of all the places, it was sitting on the metal lawn table. Why would I have set it on a TABLE? That almost sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

... and why did I leave my coffee in the house? Be right back

mo bettah

ordered a belt for my turntable. Not a fancy table. Technics SL20. Might be worth the $5 for the belt. It's been sitting for 20 years.

Do you a large collection of albums? I've been thinking about adding a turntable, for the few albums I have from the 70s and 80s.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Do you a large collection of albums? I've been thinking about adding a turntable, for the few albums I have from the 70s and 80s.

Were the albums handled carefully?  High cartridge weight?  Stored in temp controlled space?  Chocolate on your fingers?  Things to consider before leaping into vinyl again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tarheel said:

Were the albums handled carefully?  High cartridge weight?  Stored in temp controlled space?  Chocolate on your fingers?  Things to consider before leaping into vinyl again.

They have been in a huge box buried in my closet for years, not sure but I think they should be ok. I did take care of them when I played them, back in the early 80s! I had an average Technics TT back then, no idea on cartridge info.

• Like 3

I have a few.    Mostly '70's. Was playing some the other day. ELP, Steppenwolf.  Same vintage as my gear.

My vinyl is pretty rough. It been in this dust bowl it's whole life. This is abrasive type dust. Grit

I have to admit to liking this spotify.  Feel like the computer has a use.  beyond a communication device.

I am going dig some vinyl out. Some of the music spot pulls, isn't what I remember. 

• Like 2

I have inherited three collections from friends no longer interested in vinyl.  Most albums have been pretty noisy but I can't bring myself to throwing them out.

• Like 4

the covers are worth something.

I have JethroTull "Stand Up" with the pop up. and "Their Satanic Majesty's Request" with the 3-D pic

• Like 3

Ohhhhhh,  I'm kinda liking this direction you guys are taking!  Dig that stuff out and get to spinning again!  Sure you can use your puter but I like pulling stuff and re-listening again and again.  You'll smile you're running it allllll thru Klipsch speakers.  BOOM!   :)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Ohhhhhh,  I'm kinda liking this direction you guys are taking!  Dig that stuff out and get to spinning again!  Sure you can use your puter but I like pulling stuff and re-listening again and again.  You'll smile you're running it allllll thru Klipsch speakers.  BOOM!   :)

I know what you mean. I actually like getting up to put a CD in the player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I know what you mean. I actually like getting up to put a CD in the player.

Stop by anytime you can be my official LP "flipper."  hahahaha  That's the ONLY advantage to having a remote streamer, which I'm thinking about but man I can't let loose of my vinyl.  😎

• Like 2

Happy birthday to my bud Dave 1290.  He and Paul have helped me with some new gear set up issues.  Two great gentleman!

• Like 2

Happy Birthday Dave....now spin up some vinyl 😀

Has anybody seen the HBO series Vinyl? It only lasted a year or two. It was about the music business in the 70s. I liked it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Happy birthday to my bud Dave 1290.  He and Paul have helped me with some new gear set up issues.  Two great gentleman!

Awwwwwwwww shucks it twern't nuttin.  I'm very happy w/my Schiit hopefully you will be to!

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It was about the music business in the 70s.

Ok, I'm breaking out my shiny silver cross and the holy water while I back away verrrrrry slowly listening to the hiss... There was a record business in the 70's?  hahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Best wishes on your birthday Dave @Dave1290.

Thanks very much Neil!  Appreciated!

singin' along to Tarkio Road [LP]

it's as good as I remember.   They are not all as fortunate.   Put some on and... um... didn't stand the test of time.

• Like 1