Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Stihl and problemo solved!  Gas blower, weed whacker and gas bar trimmers. 

I've always had Stihl and bought a Kombi motor and attachments about 8 years ago with blower, edger, pruner, weed eater, tiller and sweeper and it just never misses a beat.  I gave away my 15 year old Stihl weed eater that started as well as when I bought it.  It doesn't have the automatic string feed on the weed eater head, but after so many years with Stihl, I can load a spool in about 2 minutes without any trouble.  I have chain saws and a full pruning saw as well and they never have given me any problems at all.  Great equipment. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

They wouldn't let me wear them with my Navy uniform.....

Navy had their own.  I have my dad's wool bell bottoms..

on the "news"

a recall of women's razors because

"They are too sharp"

Excuse me?!?

You realize that goes for men's razors, too. Not getting as many shaves/razor? Now you know.... pre-dulled blades

Stihl makes a good product, based on what I saw of the old stuff. If/when you wear something out, parts may be an "order only". The powerhead will out last the attachments. My poor little 14"  trimming saw cuts a cord of seasoned oak/mesquite per year... abuse? maybe a little. lol

it's 15 years old now

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Had one of these things many years ago and it worked great. The problem was getting the leaves to it was most of the work, it worked pretty fast but was just extra work. I just started adding leaves the garden as is and let them decay, same thing.  But was kind of fun.

WORX-WG430-Mulcher.jpg

• Like 2

if I dig into my stored stuff/junk

I might find some Madras plaid and a Neru jacket.

Moving down here in 1970 shot all fashion to ...

blue jeans and t-shirts were accepted.  goin' fancy meant yer new[est] blues.

edited

rambling off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Had one of these things many years ago and it worked great. The problem was getting the leaves to it was most of the work, it worked pretty fast but was just extra work. I just started adding leaves the garden as is and let them decay, same thing.  But was kind of fun.

WORX-WG430-Mulcher.jpg

I make pile/s Just let it decay. That can take a while here.  Not like we get a lot. It is almost desert.

I have "quail habitat"...too. It is not a big brush pile.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I make pile/s Just let it decay.

Yep, I stopped that a long time ago, don't even have it anymore, I use leaves and pine straw for mulch, it's the best thing for plants in the long run. It's why the dirt is so good in a heavily wooded area, plenty of decomposed leaves and branches, nature knows best.

• Like 3

anyone notice, in that sound byte from MitchMcConnell yesterday

he is standing in front of a field of marijuana .... err "hemp"

neighbors will be subject to WillyBob celebrating IndependenceDay. I will be here by myself.... me and the stereo.Well, after the parade.

Wife is "marching". Not sure whether she is repping her school, the water co-op or both.  THE road thru town will be obstructed for a few minutes. Not a big parade. Anyone can participate, I think.

A friend from MT came down, a couple years ago. Was nearly the lead vehicle in the Vet'sDay parade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3