Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

mornin' folks

 

feels like summer is here

didn't cool off much last night. Mid 60's and a little overcast. Rain, spotty little T-storms, on the  forecast.... for the next week. About time.

looking forward to hearing the toads. After 50 years of living here, it still amazes me that amphibians can survive this climate. They're dormant for 9 months of the year. Dug into the ground. "Digging in" is a good trick in itself. Whip out a shovel and see how far/fast you get....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That and I'm driving.

Remember to apex those turns at warp 3 in that thing!  Hammer down and GO!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dave1290 said:

Remember to apex those turns at warp 3 in that thing!  Hammer down and GO!

Roger that.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

"Digging in" is a good trick in itself. Whip out a shovel and see how far/fast you get....

Out here in the west anyone thinking of digging needs a jackhammer at a minmum, a backhoe attachment on a tractor or a backhoe itself would be better.

Oh and some coffee a'course.:emotion-44:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, babadono said:

Out here in the west anyone thinking of digging needs a jackhammer at a minmum, a backhoe attachment on a tractor or a backhoe itself would be better.

Oh and some coffee a'course.:emotion-44:

 

=== Coffee, Cables, Cocktails & Caterpillars’ —

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's taking all the fun out of it, the quick way to get it done, you did say you wanted to add a room, open up a wall in a hurry.

449287-explosives.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's taking all the fun out of it, the quick way to get it done, you did say you wanted to add a room, open up a wall in a hurry.

449287-explosives.jpg

 

=== oh, I’m sorry. 

Coffee, Cables, Cocktails, Caterpillars’, C4 —

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these pesky regulations, you can't buy it from the feed stores anymore. If you could it would sure put a dent in local fireworks sales for the 4th and new years eve, it's a conspiracy by the fireworks people I tell ya. :lol:

There forcing the locals to go all DIY.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dtel said:

All these pesky regulations, you can't buy it from the feed stores anymore. If you could it would sure put a dent in local fireworks sales for the 4th and new years eve, it's a conspiracy by the fireworks people I tell ya. :lol:

There forcing the locals to go all DIY.

Haha....every year people get killed, fingers blown off, eyes hit, and that's by the regular fireworks. Can you imagine if it was legal to have real explosives?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha....every year people get killed, fingers blown off, eyes hit, and that's by the regular fireworks. Can you imagine if it was legal to have real explosives?

Sure, it aids to the Darwin theory, it starts with a few fingers and sooner or later you can't even light them anymore with no fingers. And with real explosives it just speeds up the whole process.

 

Just like driving 100 mph or drugs and many other things you accept the risk or be smart enough to not do it, but that line in between is tricky and don't forget the hold my beer and watch this group. 

 

Have to say at different times I  have fallen into a few of those groups. :blush:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtel said:

That's taking all the fun out of it, the quick way to get it done, you did say you wanted to add a room, open up a wall in a hurry.

449287-explosives.jpg

You may laugh but yes dy-no-mite was used when I built my house.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha....every year people get killed, fingers blown off, eyes hit, and that's by the regular fireworks. Can you imagine if it was legal to have real explosives?

Yeah, it would be the true expression of the 2nd amendment.  In other words, I can imagine a lot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lookie what I did. It started out an ADC arm with a fixed head shell and a broken wire. It is now a removable head shell without a broken wire. It is now better than when it was new.

 

 

adc.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dtel said:

That's taking all the fun out of it, the quick way to get it done, you did say you wanted to add a room, open up a wall in a hurry.

449287-explosives.jpg

 

 

don't tempt me. It has been threatened... as a cost saving measure.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Haha....every year people get killed, fingers blown off, eyes hit, and that's by the regular fireworks. Can you imagine if it was legal to have real explosives?

 

 

but they can still multiply

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Storm is headed NW at 5 mph, Carl, better  keep an eye open. If it were to go a little more West it would slide right across Louisiana into Texas. It's nothing now but with a few more days in the Gulf it might become something.

 

Probably won't happen but who knows

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...