The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

59 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Thank you Pete.....good info.  Yes it is a packaged heat pump. We are waiting on hearing from 2 other HVAC contractors with great feed back.  It is LF's place so she will have the final say.  Will keep you posted.

As a side note I built my house in 1987 and also have a split system.  The upstairs unit is 31 years old and still working!  The main heat pump for the first floor has been replaced twice.  Currently using a hybrid system (LP gas) as a second fuel.

=== similar to my situation. Our Lennox was built in 1985, still runs extremely strong, and cold. The A-coil was replaced about 12 years ago under a home warranty when we bought the house. Been flawless since. Have had more than one knowledgeable person(s) see the unit and comment “pray it keeps on going, they make nothing close to that quality these days”. I’ll ride this bugger until there are no options left to keep it going, SEER ratings be damned. I’ll trade a few extra $ a month in electricity vs. $8K for a new unit.

— one another note, there is a HVAC company in our area touting Daiken products. Offers are full 12 year warranty, parts/labor —

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Sort of...

=== but seeing you as a prudent fella, was there a warranty offered —

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am way out of this convo.

You would think I should have infinite knowledge of A/C, living in southern AZ.   We don't have A/C --- or even a "swamp box" cooler. Barely need it. It did get a tad warm the other day. 2 showers and a dip in the kiddie pool later....

I might be repeating myself, stop me if I told you this already....

an ad for a local acupuncture clinic offering "An alternative to pain relief".....

...such as???? not relieving pain?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

I am way out of this convo.

You would think I should have infinite knowledge of A/C, living in southern AZ.   We don't have A/C --- or even a "swamp box" cooler. Barely need it. It did get a tad warm the other day. 2 showers and a dip in the kiddie pool later....

I might be repeating myself, stop me if I told you this already....

an ad for a local acupuncture clinic offering "An alternative to pain relief".....

...such as???? not relieving pain?

=== you’re in a unique situation, you wear a sarong with impunity. You dress “cool”. Here - hot/humid as helll in an open carry state. I would be target practice in a sarong at the local Walmart—

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

wasn’t there a thread with pictures of forum members gathering at a Walmart?  oh wait, those were from the pilgrimage.  

No that was at Rodney's, might need to get better dressed to go to town compared to his place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I live in AZ...

Baring arms is not a right... it is your duty. We issue you a firearm when you get your social security #

Concealed carry?   No need for special permission to do that.

the crazy old man in the sarong may be packin'.

Sunny and warm enough to rain... and it did. Temp is down to 70 or so... Cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

speaking of town ... do you have a town or is it underwater?  I see the weather channel has a dedicated program to this storm.

Our town is fine, some flooding in N.O. from rain but it's the normal places that flood with a good rain. There is some surge flooding in S Louisiana on roads and neighborhoods but nothing like a stronger storm. Plus right at the bad time of the storm it happened to be high tide, that didn't help. Some probably got water but really minor overall compared to a real hurricane, this was a barely organised storm that just made hurricane strength winds right before it hit land and dropped to a tropical storm strength almost as soon as it hit land.   

A little boring but better than the other end of the scale, the other weather news was just slow I guess.

• Like 4

seems as though the news is trying to make a big deal of it.

happy to hear they are just over covering the story

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

the crazy old man in the sarong may be packin'.

I hope you have an old style holster like the cowboys, if not......is that your gun or are you just happy to see me?  :lol:

4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

seems as though the news is trying to make a big deal of it.

happy to hear they are just over covering the story

Just covering the news but like normal when thing are a little slow they add a little extra drama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With a hair trigger.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I live in AZ...

Baring arms is not a right... it is your duty.

So does everyone in AZ wear short sleeves?

We don't care if you bare your arms but if you start flashing what's behind the sarong we don't want to see it.

• Haha 5

my BIL told me, "Having spiders in your house is a sign of a healthy house"

this place must be on steroids.

had a hatch of daddy long legs. tiny things running all over the place.... and mini cobwebs. We have a resident tarantula, too. A one inch diameter hole in the yard with webs.  A sign of occupancy.

Oh, after the rain, the toads came up. Sounded like a swamp.  talk about hurry up and wait.   Their tadpoles go off in a week... and hope the mud puddle lasts that long.  Then they have to eat enough in the next 2-3 months to last them until next year.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

yeah... we get them, too as far as critters go, they aren't too bad. If ya know their habits. They can show at inopportune times... like your situation. We ran into a bunch under a highway bridge we intended to sleep under

... ah, hitchhiking daze....

scorpions and centipedes are different. Way more mobile hunters. no love for them. Snakes get more courtesies. Leave a rattler alone, it will go on its way. I have to admit to killing a shoestring rattler in the yard. They're nervous and bite anything with a full load of venom. That was a few years back. Best way to avoid snakes is keeping the rodent population down. Cats fill that title.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

while in the shower the water washed a black widow out of my hair. I screamed and my roommate came running thinking i was hurt or something ... then he said i was acting like a girl.

We have plenty of those here, but they are small, I still avoid them.

Scream like a girl, never did that yet but I'm right there with you, well kind of I will be ahead of you running if it is big and hairy spider.

Nothing bothers me but spiders and it's the big ones I have a problem with. When cutting grass I get the tiny ones but with long legs on me from trees, I get them off quickly but they don't bother me much. Had a strange on on me a while back, much smaller than a fly and florescent green, I could feel it on my arm and it felt like an ant walking it was so small.

• Like 5