The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

just do a search for all of my posts ... i’m all about peace, love, and music. 

You forgot ketchup ..

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

You forgot ketchup ..

He would never forget ketchup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That's one heck of a list of bands. I saw George a few times, both times as an opening act. Once with Ted Nugent. He sure gives it his all. He even admitted his whole career was based on four chords. 

I've seen them many times.  A great friend of mine use to room with Billy Blough (bass player for the band) and there are many spotty memories partying with him and the rest of the band after the shows.  They were some wild times, but back then, George was a real *** and rarely hung out with any of the other band members.  They did put on a great show, high energy, good sound and you never went away disappointed.  

• Like 3

he/they do put on a good show

"Artists" can be a little difficult/quirky 

Mornin' all

another day in the hood. Nothin' special happening.

Life resumes normality next week. Wife goes back to work. She is [considering] retiring the end of this school year. Told her she better get to burning those sick and personal days. She has 2 or 3 months of paid leave banked. ...also, cataract surgery in the foreseeable future. Not critical yet, but while she has insurance and paid leave...

dusted the floors and cleaned the coffee machine.

told the wife I want an area rug for the living room. Not telling her it is for room treatment. The 2 recliners made a difference [from sitting on the floor]. The wood on the walls isn't as "reflective" as sheetrock, but we have a bare floor.

• Like 4

OK, I am just going to have to go back to the Ron White thing "You can't fix stupid " idea, again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/van-140m-meth-smashes-police-car-050212352.html

Van with $140m of meth smashes into police car

Australian authorities have uncovered a US$140 million stash of amphetamines after an alleged criminal's run-in with the law saw his drug-filled van crash into an officer's car outside a police station.

Security camera footage released on Tuesday showed a white van ploughing into the front of a vehicle parked outside a suburban Sydney police station before speeding off down the street.

Police said the alleged 26-year-old driver was pulled over about an hour later, less than a 10-minute drive away from the accident scene.

The van was said to be packed with moving boxes containing 237 kilograms (523 pounds) of methylamphetamine, an illegal drug commonly known as "ice', with a total estimated street value of AUS$200 million.

Australia has a growing problem with meth, with a government report released last year showing the country has proportionally more users than most nations.

The van driver has been charged with large commercial drug supply, negligent driving, and not giving particulars to police.

He was due to appear in a Sydney court later on Tuesday. No one was injured in the incident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think speed back in the day is the same as what they call meth today.

• Like 2

like the part about it happening in front of a police station.  

somehow we have been blessed with two bottle baby kittens. They will keep the wife busy. Guess their momma got hit by a car or ...  Folks think we know something... and they find their way here.  We do have a home for them, should we not get too attached. Their eyes are open. Maybe 3 weeks old. Not near ready to wean. These require some extra attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I don't think speed back in the day is the same as what they call meth today.

There were different stimulants called speed back then.Benzadrine, Dexadrine, with this short names. ..  Crystal Methadrine, called Black Beauties was much more clinical,read pure in its lab production setting, as well as the other. Generally preferred over the other, but that is not sacred. Typically used as a treatment by clinicians/doctors for their patients, these stimulants were readily abused by others for various reasons...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, billybob said:

There were different stimulants called speed back then.Benzadrine, Dexadrine, with this short names. ..  Crystal Methadrine, called Black Beauties was much more clinical,read pure in its lab production setting, as well as the other. Generally preferred over the other, but that is not sacred. Typically used as a treatment by clinicians/doctors for their patients, these stimulants were readily abused by others for various reasons...

Black Beauties ah h*ll

RH-18845 in the very early 80s. I had zero fat at all then but I'd bet my percentage went down. Rings under my eyes went up but my teeth did not rot like the breaking bad dumb dumbs!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Black Beauties ah h*ll

RH-18845 in the very early 80s. I had zero fat at all then but I'd bet my percentage went down. Rings under my eyes went up but my teeth did not rot like the breaking bad dumb dumbs!

Dang...I am Not advocating use by the way.. caffeine from coffee is plenty. Or the various flavors of Monster energy drinks...in discreet moderation...

• Like 3

I get those looks and have never had an affinity for the stuff.

coffee is as strong as I go. Not saying you can't get the shakes from it...

those energy drinks are nasty... unless they have gotten better since I tried one. Left an aftertaste... wishin' I had some whiskey to wash my mouth with. The taste kept me awake... it was bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

Dang...I am Not advocating use by the way.. caffeine from coffee is plenty. Or the various flavors of Monster energy drinks...in discreet moderation...

I wont advocate using it either, although I did in that other life forty years ago.

The c@*p made such a bad impression on me.... unlike reefer... that I remembered those numbers and never forgot.

Coffee is my addiction now and i don't need a cure either!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

guarana and some other stuff. Natural stimulants.... and a cupful of sugar to make it half palatable

I could go for a Jolt cola... Twice the caffeine and real sugar...

I like the Mexican soda/s.  No HFCS.

natural does not imply "good for you"... Natural will kill you just as fast.... botox is natural....doses are nanograms. and you might experience side affects... Creeping paralysis, difficulty breathing, death...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ya wanna drink Red Bull and the like?  Have at it!  That stuff is ALL nasty!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1