The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

13 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Just a heads up.  If ya don't know already you can find out just follow the link.  

$315 million divided by 145 million filers . . . . woo hoo!

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/refunds/equifax-data-breach-settlement?fbclid=IwAR11AUt-wQzTZgmoqx3D6dV8khJK82b2-XHdDgPURs9zdz4pp73zdEqyeL8

giphy.gif

some penalty.... $3/offense.  They can write that off as the cost of running business.

along that same line

I keep getting junk call offering reduced interest on my credit cards.

I tell them I already have zero interest from the bank.

They have zero interest in giving me a credit card. Poor bugger that steals my ID. It will be like "The Ransom of Red Chief".... Pay me to take it back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 12:30 AM, WillyBob said:

on approved credit

I was so happy to see my bank's TV add the other night that said "You've got more money than you thought".

Very tiny-1 second "OAC" below.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NADman said:

I was so happy to see my bank's TV add the other night that said "You've got more money than you thought".

Very tiny-1 second "OAC" below.

The really fine prints said check inside your couch.

• Haha 3

BABY SHARK' IS BEING TURNED INTO A CEREAL, DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO 

Article Image

Kellogg's announced it is launching a cereal inspired by the viral "Baby Shark" kids tune in select stores.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 12:24 PM
Posted By: CNN

'Baby Shark' gets turned into a cereal
CNN | 09:42 AM, Mon Jul 29 2019

PauseMute
Duration Time0:54
 Loaded: 0%

0:40
Progress: 0%

Fullscreen

Parents who thought they'd heard the last of toddler anthem "Baby Shark" are out of luck.

"Baby Shark" will soon be swimming in bowls of milk as kids sing along to the popular song's "doo doo doo doo doo doo."

Kellogg's announced Friday that it is releasing a cereal in partnership with Pinkfong, the Korean entertainment brand that created the song behind the catchy kids tune.

The limited edition cereal will include berry-flavored loops and marshmallows, Kellogg's said in a news release.

It will be available in Sam's Club on August 17 while supplies last. Walmart will also carry the cereal in late September, Kellogg said in a statement to CNN.

The song is also being transformed into an animated series for Nickelodeon, a rep for the network told CNN.

The tune quickly soared in popularity after it launched on YouTube in November 2015 and has since garnered more than 3 billion YouTube views.

CORRECTION: This story has been updated to correct the number of times "Baby Shark" has been viewed on YouTube.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2019 at 9:51 AM, Tarheel said:

Any tips on how to eliminate them or at least slow them down?

Years ago, I bought a house that came with roaches.  I tried one or two insecticides that didn't work, then I got some Chinese insecticide chalk.  It comes in a pack of two sticks that look like normal blackboard chalk, but it's very poisonous.  You just make a line (it doesn't have to be thick or wide), and any creepy-crawly that walks across that line is soon dead.  The only exception was millipedes, which were unaffected by it.  I can only assume that all those feet mean that they step too lightly to absorb the insecticide.  

You can draw a line on the floor across a doorway, around a fridge or cupboard, or whatever that seems to be attracting them.  From personal experience, it works well on roaches and ants.  Ants were going for the cat food in the dish on the ground floor, so I drew a line across their suspected path (I may have drawn one around the dish as well), and when I came back in a couple of hours, there were maybe fifty dead or twitching soon-to-be-dead ants near the bowl.  They never came back.  Luckily, the cat didn't eat any of the ants.

The downside is that all the writing on the box was in Chinese, so if there were any warnings, I couldn't read them.  I did make sure to wash my hands immediately after handling it.  I found the insecticide chalk at the local Chinese-staffed variety/convenience store.  It's not likely that you'd find it at Home Depot or Canadian Tire.  The roaches never came back.

EDIT:  I'm away for a few days and whole new topics are happening!  Anyway, that chalk works.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

Great chalk!  I have to try them.

I don't have kids so if it works as advertised, report back.

• Sad 1

My kids are adults so it shouldn’t be a problems.

• Like 1

we have grand/s. I try to keep things on the safer side.

We have enough fun stuff, black widows, scorpions, centipedes, rattlesnakes and don't forget that all vegetation has its protective measures. If it doesn't have thorns, it's most likely poison. 

Wife's first day back. Told me to wake her at 6. She wanted to be there before 7.... Yeah, right

6AM... "Honey, it's 6"

then "Honey, it's 6:30"

same at 7

She crawled out at 7 o'clock plus. Coffee was cold by then

Good thing, all she is doing is getting ready for the kids to come Friday.

Sposed to rain. Gave a flash flood watch last night, for today. And then, it is sposed to be wet again tomorrow. 70%. I bet that if it does rain, it will be drizzle. If we get too much humidity/clouds, we don't get the heating/ lift to make storms...

• Like 2

My wife is a teacher and she has spent the last two weeks getting her room in order. She loves her job, teaches 4-5 year olds. I try not to complain about all she spends on the kids from her own pocket, it makes her happy. It is cool when a parent of an older kid says you have been our kids favorite teacher!

• Like 4

On 7/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, dtel said:

Like the Pinko Floyd song

Musta been written by Roger Waters.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

News Flash.....Life is dangerous, especially if you're an idiot.

Knowing is only half a battle!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My wife is a teacher and she has spent the last two weeks getting her room in order. She loves her job, teaches 4-5 year olds.

Mine teaches K - 4.  Her school defies the normal teacher to student ratio. I guess they have 1 teacher per 10 students.... and this is a public school.

it's all the paperwork that gets her. I promise to curb my rant here/now...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Mine teaches K - 4.  Her school defies the normal teacher to student ratio. I guess they have 1 teacher per 10 students.... and this is a public school.

it's all the paperwork that gets her. I promise to curb my rant here/now...

That's a nice ratio, 1-10. Around here most of the public schools would be around 1-20. 

My wife works at a private school, currently she has 15, she might pick up 1 or 2 more. She has a part time assistant, for any class over 12.

My daughter starts college in 3 weeks, nursing student. My wife gets a discount on my daughter's college tuition, almost 50% off, about 22k.....made my day!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My wife is a teacher and she has spent the last two weeks getting her room in order. She loves her job, teaches 4-5 year olds. I try not to complain about all she spends on the kids from her own pocket, it makes her happy. It is cool when a parent of an older kid says you have been our kids favorite teacher!

I slip a hun to the each child's counselor each year and ask that she gives it to my kid's teacher that needs it the most for supplies. I hope that for the last 10 years they have. The band director get's $200 worth of water bottles for the summer from me. Marching starts August 5th for 8 hours a day on the asphalt.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I slip a hun to the each child's counselor each year and ask that she gives it to my kid's teacher that needs it the most for supplies. I hope that for the last 10 years they have. The band director get's $200 worth of water bottles for the summer from me. Marching starts August 5th for 8 hours a day on the asphalt.

It's always nice when the parents show their appreciation to the teachers. I will say that it's becoming less popular these days. Most parents show some interest. 

My oldest daughter was in the guard in high school. She had some 12 hour days, and yes, it's on the asphalt. I was amazed how tough those kids were. I thought the football players were the only kids getting beat up and bruised. A bag of granola bars and boxes of Gatorade is a life saver to them. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It's always nice when the parents show their appreciation to the teachers. I will say that it's becoming less popular these days. Most parents show some interest. 

My oldest daughter was in the guard in high school. She had some 12 hour days, and yes, it's on the asphalt. I was amazed how tough those kids were. I thought the football players were the only kids getting beat up and bruised. A bag of granola bars and boxes of Gatorade is a life saver to them. 

I sure pity our NJROTC units they grind ALL year long. I happened by the band hall today and saw that the cadets were out there on their own practicing. See the link for their successes.

http://flourbluffschools.net/programs/njrotc/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Islander said:

Years ago, I bought a house that came with roaches.  I tried one or two insecticides that didn't work, then I got some Chinese insecticide chalk.  It comes in a pack of two sticks that look like normal blackboard chalk, but it's very poisonous.  You just make a line (it doesn't have to be thick or wide), and any creepy-crawly that walks across that line is soon dead.  The only exception was millipedes, which were unaffected by it.  I can only assume that all those feet mean that they step too lightly to absorb the insecticide.  

You can draw a line on the floor across a doorway, around a fridge or cupboard, or whatever that seems to be attracting them.  From personal experience, it works well on roaches and ants.  Ants were going for the cat food in the dish on the ground floor, so I drew a line across their suspected path (I may have drawn one around the dish as well), and when I came back in a couple of hours, there were maybe fifty dead or twitching soon-to-be-dead ants near the bowl.  They never came back.  Luckily, the cat didn't eat any of the ants.

The downside is that all the writing on the box was in Chinese, so if there were any warnings, I couldn't read them.  I did make sure to wash my hands immediately after handling it.  I found the insecticide chalk at the local Chinese-staffed variety/convenience store.  It's not likely that you'd find it at Home Depot or Canadian Tire.  The roaches never came back.

EDIT:  I'm away for a few days and whole new topics are happening!  Anyway, that chalk works.

You can also use boric acid powder, sprinkle it behind cabinets, down in crevices. It sticks to their legs/feet and they carry i back to their nests. When they clean themselves (which they do), they ingest it ant it will kill them. Not super fast, but it is safe to use around pets and kids.

Bruce

Yes, fixed the typo... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1