Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Look what I stumbled across while in the “library."  This is my old car (avatar).  There have been some changes in the decades since I sold it, but that is the car I built.  The slightly offset reverse scoop on the louvered bonnet (hood), seats, seat belts, rocker switch on the transmission tunnel to activate brake lights, wheels, NACA ducts, you get the idea.

http://www.jorgediaz.com/web/super_7.htm

No flames or counterfeit Lotus badges when I owned it.  I suspect the Buick 3.5 L aluminum V8 has been replaced by a four banger.

@CECAA850

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Went and picked up egg plant parmigiana for tonight as LF is still away.  Just chillin rest of the day.  Skipped cock tails last night so got to get back on track.

i just went and picked up some BBQ ... haven’t had it in a minute and got a craving. Sorry the place said it’s Texas BBQ not NC. I was wearing my Raiders shirt and of course the guy working there was a Bronco fan.  I told him i’d save my Bronco comments until AFTER i got my food. But, this lady sitting at a table was giving me the “thumbs up” and then asked where i got my shirt from.  

I will have a cocktail or three today since it’s my birthday. got a ton of texts; but, spending the day at home. Got a bottle of good Tequila and a lot of music ... one of the these days, i’ll unpack a guitar and make some new music ... but, not today. too many items in the way of the walk in closet where they’re stored ... guess i didn’t understand that a walk in closet is supposed to be able to be walked into. The things that single guys can get away with!

Enjoy your day ... sorry about the humidity ... I got 90 degrees out here; but, it’s definitely not the oppressive type like you’re getting. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, richieb said:

Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, LA, the DC belt, take your pick. Driven them all, bad in the best times, absolutely terrible in the worst. Pick your poison - 

i’ll pick Los Angeles ... traffic definitely sucks; but, at least i know my way around that place pretty well. The 405 doubles as a parking lot most days; but, you get to look at some really sweet cars.  i used to see this lime green Bentley on my way home from work.  Still not sure why you’d spend a quarter of a million on a car and paint it lime green?  Was upset one day because i was in the Del Taco drive thru and two cars in front of me was a white Bentley ... that was my idea ... expensive car; but, buying a 99 cent burrito.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i’ll pick Los Angeles ... traffic definitely sucks; but, at least i know my way around that place pretty well. The 405 doubles as a parking lot most days; but, you get to look at some really sweet cars.  i used to see this lime green Bentley on my way home from work.  Still not sure why you’d spend a quarter of a million on a car and paint it lime green?  Was upset one day because i was in the Del Taco drive thru and two cars in front of me was a white Bentley ... that was my idea ... expensive car; but, buying a 99 cent burrito.

You have to cut budget somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I was line. You oughta try it in a semi. That clutch starts getting heavy after a few hundred "creep 5 ft" and stop.

the countless hours that i’ve spent on that thing over the years ... if i could have those hours back, well i’d waste the time on something is.

I lived 13 miles from work and it took an hour to get home, traffic was always a bit easier in the morning.  

Had a cousin that drove a semi ... i asked once “don’t they have automatics?”  He said yes; but, that’s not real truck driving. 

• Haha 3

I wouldn't even attempt Boston. As a passenger, I wanted to crawl under the seat. People pulling into traffic and no space for them...

Here's a traffic anomaly...

On Kauai, people wait for lefts turners at the lights where there is no arrow. Don't be surprised when traffic doesn't move immediately after it changes.

on my trip back from IN, a gentleman was trying to recruit me into driving, again. Pass.  I'm a home body now. I did plenty of travel in my younger days. Hitchhike, deliver drive away, semi... Even a few car trips. I spent enough time at the LA truck stops to know who "lot lizards" worked where. Spent a lot of time talking to them. Better than looking at hairy, stinky men. A hairy, stinky woman wins most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I spent enough time at the LA truck stops to know who "lot lizards" worked where. Spent a lot of time talking to them. Better than looking at hairy, stinky men. A hairy, stinky woman wins most of the time.

My brother in law is a truck driver and he has a sticker on the door of his truck that says "No Lot Lizards".

• Haha 3

Damn, Tarheel

You're out of martinis.

22 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

My brother in law is a truck driver and he has a sticker on the door of his truck that says "No Lot Lizards".

I used to carry a manikin [ladykin] for the passenger seat, at the truck stops. That dinna stop them... "Hey buddy, wanna 3some?"

anatomically correct/lingerie. Picked it up when I was driving for a chain of women's ready to wear.. She broke at the hips and sat perfect in the seat. She drew more than one second look if she went out topless.

------------------------------------------------

been getting up at 3:30 to feed these kittens. That's a little early, even for me. I'm normally up at 4. But it takes an hour and a pot of coffee to come to life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've driven Boston.  It's not as bad as a lot of places, but it helps to have sailed competitively.  In Boston it is all about relative position.  Try Paris sometime, or read a map in Hamburg where by the time you have been there the street name changes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

it might not be too bad if you change your attitude about it. Make sport of the commute.

from the interstate to here, it would look like I was weaving all over the road. In reality, I was all over the road, running over MexicanGeneral grasshoppers. You could feel the thump when driving the Honda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Sensitivity isn't really that important.   What is important is having a sub that will keep up in output and that will go cleanly up to the point that it's crossed over to the Lascala.

does it come into play if you want to run them on the "B" speaker outs of the same amp driving the speakers? 

• Like 1