The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

10 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

fried corn dog sounds good.

another hatch of spiders in the house. Think they are tarantulas. Tiny buggers, running all over the place. I bet I swept a dozen out yesterday AM. They aren't making webs or climbing, is why I think tarantula.  Had to usher an adult out last night.

before we moved down here, my mom was afraid of spiders. She got over it after a few years and even had her "pet" tarantulas that would hang by the outdoor lights.   Tarantulas are so mellow that is easy to develop a more relaxed attitude. 

the kittens are close to weaning. One bit the nipple off the bottle today. I'll be glad for that.  Their feedings are cutting into my nap time. I'm getting tired.

I would move.:blush2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know. I didn't ask for these kittens.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I know. I didn't ask for these kittens.

Not the kittens, but the spiders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Think I'm gonna save this Kona coffee for company. I bought a bag of Mexican.... for $10....

another [past] few days of dire predictions for rain. 70%     As is typical, we got cloudy, warm, humid and drizzle.  That's how it is here. Too much humidity will actually stifle the rain. in 3 days of "rain", I bet we picked up a whopping 1/2 inch total.

rethinking the spiderlings running all over the house. Wolf Spiders carry their babies on their backs... not sure how long... But, when/if you dispatch one, it's like a little explosion.

Wife and I were discussing the  kittens.   Think they will be getting a new home toward the end of next week. She was talking after they are box trained. I told her that they are good to go as soon as they wean. We would like to give them as a pair. Two entertain each other and are less trouble than one. However they go, it will happen soon. They are at that cute stage.  There will be a collective sigh of relief in the house. Granddaughter may not like it...  She'll get over it.

• Like 1

Glad to be back home, grass almost needs to be cut but not today. I need to readjust to home abnormal compared to Hope abnormal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

always nice to get home. The grass needing to be cut is way better than coming home to a brown stubble field.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A couple of better audio days after my battle with the tone arm last week.  In the main system I balanced the tone arm again and moved the tracking force up a notch.  Fiddled with the step up settings on the Schiit and things sound much better.  Also moved the speakers out as suggested in a review on line (Spatial M3 Turbo S).

Then set up the second system with the Horn Monos, a NAD CDP from LF's system, A Schiit SYS for volume control, and my LS/Altec speakers.  Good to hear the old speakers again.

IMG_1591.JPG

• Like 6

For people who stay up late or get up early, it's meteor time again, tonight and tomorrow.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/perseid-meteor-shower-peak

Stargazers are in for a treat on Monday and Tuesday, when the annual Perseid meteor will reach its peak.

"The Perseid meteor shower is often considered to be one of the best meteor showers of the year due to its high rates and pleasant late-summer temperatures," explained NASA, in a blog post. "This year’s shower, however, has [the] unfortunate circumstance of having a full Moon right at the shower peak, reducing the meteor rates from over 60 per hour down to 15-20 per hour."

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Good to hear the old speakers again.

Good to see the old speakers again !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks great Chuck!  A switch-up is always fun.  Downside with me is I'm always playin w/it all.  Then you're right back where you were in the beginning going "What was I thinking?"  lol  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

"What was I thinking?" 

that is very common in my convos with myself..... usually followed or preceded by a string of profanities

I like to think I not stupid and then do one of those.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I do it a little different, I don't care to move stuff around or unplug things.

So I just go to the garden bar to hear Heresy's, the bedroom for Cornwall's the yard for mwm/split LaScala tops and the living room for the main 2 ch and ht speakers. I move my butt instead of anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, dtel said:

I do it a little different, I don't care to move stuff around or unplug things.

So I just go to the garden bar to hear Heresy's, the bedroom for Cornwall's the yard for mwm/split LaScala tops and the living room for the main 2 ch and ht speakers. I move my butt instead of anything else.

all those speakers ... did you take over the Colter house of klipsch?   wonder how he’s doing these days -- miss the guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, dtel said:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

all those speakers ... did you take over the Colter house of klipsch?   wonder how he’s doing these days -- miss the guy.

Would never attempt to collect as many as him, although he has somewhat let a few go over the years. He is doing good, working doing music around Indy and a week or two in Key West once a year for the singers and song writer festival. He is the same old Michael, pretty much the same, we talk to him or his girlfriend pretty regularly.

With the exception of the big yard speakers they are all ready to go, walk up and turn it on, well except for a pair of RB 75's stored, were not a reference fan for the most part. Don't really say that around here much since many like them, just to be nice you know, and they are better than many brands. Speaking of sucking ,the in ceilings speakers in the wife's sewing room pretty much suck, but they are in the ceiling and take up no room so they can suck there. :emotion-14:

• Haha 3