The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

7 hours ago, billybob said:

came out of the blue... thankfully appeared mostly weaned

we weren't looking , either.  I made the mistake of answering the phone. They had to go to the vet a couple time before we got them going. Good thing our vet works cheap. I think we are $50 into them. 

hey

are you afloat? Was talking to a friend in Orlando. Said it's been raining "a little".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

we weren't looking , either.  I made the mistake of answering the phone. They had🙀to go to the vet a couple time before we got them going. Good thing our vet works cheap. I think we are $50 into them. 

hey

are you afloat? Was talking to a friend in Orlando. Said it's been raining "a little".

Thinking 5 more inches since this morning... brother has a boat. Thinking about going out for supplies... maybe not...🙀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

we get 20in in a good year. Y'all get our annual in a couple days.  Up on the north shore of Kauai, there is a place .. Wainiha.... 11inches over night. Fairly regular.  Always amazed me that stuff stayed put on the mountain, for the most part.

• Like 3

@billybob

do you have other cats? 

We do. Kittens get a mixed reception. Our house cat is good with them. She watches them. Does take afternoons off to snooze. One of our toms is OK with them. No help, but .....The others stay out/away/swat/hiss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went out and roads blocked here and there...yet open to where going...Heard the cashier rapping with a customer for 5 minutes while I listened...flood stories and gossip about 25 inches more in 2 more days... going to take that with a grain of salt...now 11 inches.  Thinking so

By myself now but we had three females...2 others passed...2 fixed and one in/out half bobbed Siamese...miss them alot at times... this kitten may work out..., on my lap right now...may adopt...

A little more time and will be harder to say no...

• Like 3

isn't that a JimmyBuffet tune?

guess that all I got up early for, was to make fresh coffee.  Kittens ate big last night and aren't hungry at the moment.  So, I get to watch them play.  When we seek kitten/s... we usually get a pair. That way, they entertain each other... sort of. I crack up every time I see them bouncing sideways. 

We/I named them. Chuckie and Scooter. Both girls. Was NOT thinking of @Tarheel when Chuck was named. It just fit her. She's the kind that will stand in the middle of the food bowl and growl at everyone.... "It's MINE!!!"

wife offered to wash my hair the other day. I blew it when I asked her if that includes the beard.  Yeah... my back has been acting up. Not crippling, limiting tho.

time to rattle wife's cage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

time to rattle wife's cage.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?!?!:cool:

• Haha 6

Maybe... doesn't matter. The cage is locked and key is lost

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Was NOT thinking of @Tarheel when Chuck was named.

If you were you probably would have named it Old Fart.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

She's too young for "old fart"... I did have a cat named Turd. Nobody wanted him. Hence, the name

gonna be a warm one, today. 10`+ normal. That equals record high. And tomorrow.  It's 65` atm. I could say the monsoon is turning into a "washout" this year...  But, we wish for washout.... There is no such thing as "too much rain" down here. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

more a blending of the 2.

Never was a club hopper.

• Like 1

just picked Gia up . A little while ago.. unfortunately the person she was with.. did not have the common sense..  and did not feed her..

she told me " no one is hungrier than 

me... maybe a homeless person ! "

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

31 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Never was a club hopper.

me neither. I’ve been to clubs; but, that was never my scene. I’d rather hang out at someone’s house and party--and preferably if the owner’s aren’t home.  just joking.  That happened years ago when i was a teen. This girl was house sitting and she decided to throw a party.  Well, i’m not sure if it was one of those tv movie things; but, that place was PACKED full of people. Suddenly, someone’s yelling ... the home owner’s came home a day early.  I bet that didn’t sit well when they couldn’t find a spot to park on their street, then see a hundred or more people in their house!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, dirtmudd said:

just picked Gia up . A little while ago.. unfortunately the person she was with.. did not have the common sense..  and did not feed her..

she told me " no one is hungrier than 

me... maybe a homeless person ! "

you always feed kids ... i think it’s a law or something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I went by the grocery store today (on my day off) and picked up some Folgers Breakfast blend...so I'd have some coffee next week, when I expect my regular tub to run dry...  nevertheless... they didn't have the classic folgers stuff lol... I progressed into chilies later tonight, and the opportunity popped into action, to try a Irish Pancake shot.... sooo, wth, I ordered one..., jameson & buttershot's in one glass and orange juice and a piece of bacon in another, and it reminded me of my forthcoming folgers selection, albeit, fine & dandy... just tired of the summer n 100 degree days, and wishing for a nice low pressure system to bring wet rain this way.... with the hope's of being able to snarl dtel on his yearly ocean cruise lol...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1