The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

15 hours ago, dirtmudd said:
Pin image

That looks like quite the feast. All bases are covered!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That looks like quite the feast. All bases are covered!

If only they looked that good all the time!

• Haha 1

It would look quite different in 10 minutes, never been to one of those places.

• Like 1

You have officially won the longest attachment to a blank post in the history of the CC&C thread and possibly the whole forum.  

Congratulations :lol:

Trophy-HD-Big-PNG-Image.png

1 minute ago, dtel said:

You have officially won the longest attachment to a blank post in the history of the CC&C thread and possibly the whole forum.  

bubba Gump shrimp restaurant

is only 1 hour 25 minutes west of you !

Have you eaten at one Mike? Is it as good as it looks?

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

no I have not...

23 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

i’ve been to a couple of them (Hawaii and California) ... just like any other place in my opinion. Not bad; but didn’t blow my doors off either. I’d eat there again; but, wouldn’t go out of my way for it. 

47 minutes ago, dtel said:

It should be punished, not congratulated.  Of all people, encouragement is not prudent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I know I looked at the link earlier, I looked at the one posted earlier because I thought they had one in the French Quarter but they don't or it closed, I thought they did, I must have seen it on the coast or in Florida ?

If I happened to be there maby, there are so many good places for seafood we tend to not go to chain restaurants if we can help it. 9 out of 10 times we just go buy seafood and cook it ourselves, much cheaper that way and we get exactly what we want. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It should be punished, not congratulated.  Of all people, encouragement is not prudent.

When it falls of and were on the next page we can just erase it.

Al Gore called and said we made the internet skip a second when it was all loaded it was so much, the forum even slowed down for a few minutes.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know I looked at the link earlier, I looked at the one posted earlier because I thought they had one in the French Quarter but they don't or it closed, I thought they did, I must have seen it on the coast or in Florida ?

If I happened to be there maby, there are so many good places for seafood we tend to not go to chain restaurants if we can help it. 9 out of 10 times we just go buy seafood and cook it ourselves, much cheaper that way and we get exactly what we want. 

don't blame you at all !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

But when we drive an hour and a half we would pass at least 100 good places with seafood, New Orleans is an hour away and every neighborhood for 50 miles has little places that are really good, probably 500 neighborhood places that sell seafood and po-boy's.

30 minutes from here is the House of Seafood, twenty something dollars and it's a buffet, all the seafood you can eat cooked many different ways, and that's just one place.  We don't really go there anymore, the chances are very high I would hurt myself.:blush:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When Dave and I had talked about marinating meat before cooking, well it was time to cook it. Just took this pic, it's only 3 chicken breast but half a pork loin also, it's only been on about an hour at most, the chicken is that color because of the marinate. The pork loin was covered in hot sauce twice, the second time was right before cooking.

0F0A5635-FBC9-4837-8E59-54D6CEE3AE61.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mike, you don't by chance have stock in Bubba Gump do you?  Asking for a friend!  :)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

REALLY?!?! 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, rplace said:

REALLY?!?! 

“Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.” – Bubba

• Like 1