The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Mornin' Folks

was snappin' an' poppin' so close, last night, I was unplugging things  Rain?  Not here.1/4inch..... 2 - 4 inches around.  Wife had to wait for roads to be cleared before she could get to work.  She will head out at the first sign of rain. A little storm 20 miles away can stop the road. 40% chance of storms today. I think they got it right. Sun is out and getting warm.

Glad it cooled down. Emptied the kiddie pool [toad too] and refilled it. The tap water was warmer than tepid. You could not take a cool shower warm. 

Have a dark/light blend of Mex and Kona this AM. 

Kittens are underfoot every step. And climbing now.  I think there are ready to go.     cute as...

shrimp?

not fond of all the fancy breadings. coconut? not for me. That doesn't even sound good. Tempura or beer batter is about as fancy as I go. On a skewer over flame for a few seconds is fine by me.

• Haha 2

The next person that quotes Dirts bubba link gets a warning point.  LOl.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

That, that’s about it.” – Bubba

Nope, forgot one

dsc02707.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

A little storm 20 miles away can stop the road.

Why is that?

Tried to delete it, couldn't so I just hid it, both of them, but I still see it which sux.

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

Tried to delete it, couldn't so I just hid it, both of them, but I still see it which sux.

The only thing you could do is edit it and delete the link or attachment. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I don't think I've ever had one of my posts deleted :(

7 minutes ago, rplace said:

There you go, not hidden. it was not your post just the added 20 pages, much more than the word REALLY?!?! 

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The only thing you could do is edit it and delete the link or attachment. 

I tried that, maby didn't do it right? It's easy to remove pictures but i couldn't find a way to remove that.

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

I tried that, maby didn't do it right? It's easy to remove pictures but i couldn't find a way to remove that.

Look at it now.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rplace said:

I kept your streak alive (with a small edit).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rplace said:

You're not trying hard enough.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

There you go, not hidden. it was not your post just the added 20 pages, much more than the word REALLY?!?! 

That was my point to have the stupid quote all over again and Really? I'm not that far from NY. Once of these days I'm going to drive up there and listen to a few LPs with him, then punch him square in the mouth for all the gigantic, scrolling BS posts. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rplace said:

Once of these days I'm going to drive up there and listen to a few LPs with him, then punch him square in the mouth for all the gigantic, scrolling BS posts.

I'm sure we could round up gas money for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Why is that?

preface with... I/we live in an area that is referred to as  "remote". Wife works 25 mile further out.
Dry creek beds/washes. Bridge? Whatever for? We're lucky to get a culvert. Most of the roads parallel major washes. It can rain up in the hills and make trouble when it crosses the road en route to the "river"

In the rainy season, there are "wash parties" while we wait for the flow to go down.  It's a good idea to keep a little non-perishable food, water and some extra clothes in the car. You can get cold and hungry waiting. Not uncommon to take 4 hours for the road to get passable.They call the road passable well before that declaration would be made in the city.

The Olds is a boat in more than one respect. One reason I keep it. It is proven in water. It can take a foot or more w/o ingesting it.  The new car is not [to be' tried. Wife will stay in Sasabe first. The other 3 gals that work there have truck/4WD. She rides with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

It's a good idea to keep a little non-perishable food,

That Spam comes in handy...

• Haha 2

This 55-Year-Old Is in the Running to Be on the Cover of Sports Illustrated

c190a5d0-e7fb-11e8-b5cf-2044b0bf6a8f

This 55-Year-Old Is in the Running to Be on the Cover of Sports Illustrated
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm sure we could round up gas money for you.

how bout for me ... i want to raid your bourbon locker.   Took a nice gulp of the Weller last night.  Initially, it has a very good taste, then a peppery sting. Tonight, was a couple of Molson Canadians and a shot of the La Fortaleza tequila.  I’m SO a Tequila guy, just love that stuff. Although it has a very long cork and i guess i wasn’t being too careful and twisted the top off and broke the cork -- just pushed the stuck part into the bottle and took my shot. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how bout for me ... i want to raid your bourbon locker.   Took a nice gulp of the Weller last night.  Initially, it has a very good taste, then a peppery sting. Tonight, was a couple of Molson Canadians and a shot of the La Fortaleza tequila.  I’m SO a Tequila guy, just love that stuff. Although it has a very long cork and i guess i wasn’t being too careful and twisted the top off and broke the cork -- just pushed the stuck part into the bottle and took my shot. 

If gas money was the only thing stopping you, you'd be here by now.

• Haha 1