• Like 3

11 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

.......The Chicopee Kielbasa Festival

... o O ( ??? ) Kickapoo Joy Juice Try-out's

kickapoo joy juice.jpg

• Like 5

oh...

took the wife to the Dr.  norovirus ... stomach "flu"

Hoping I have already passed that... she not having any fun. Glad the facilities are close together in the bath.

listening to TomJones does acid ---- Crazy World of Arthur Brown. Still sounds good [to me]. Spontaneous Apple Creation...

Always disappointed when I put some favorite old music on.... and it didn't stand the test of time.  What did I see in this crap? No wonder Dad complained.

• Sad 3

hope the wife feels better.  I had it about a year ago.  Over it rather quickly; but, it came on hard and fast ... and i only had a mild case of it. I knew something was wrong when i developed a fever ... my body temp generally runs on the cooler side. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WillyBob said:

took the wife to the Dr.  norovirus ... stomach "flu"

That's rough, if you only knew when it was coming on you could eat a couple of large bran muffins and be totally cleaned out. :lol:

Hope she feels better, for your sake I hope it was not your cooking. :angry:

• Like 2

Mornin' All,

was coming a few days before the obvious symptoms...  She was feeling "out of sorts"  the day prior.

No, not my cooking. She may have done it to herself. So far, neither her secretary or I have shown sign of it. The rest of the staff [all 4] have had the trots in the last week. We may be the lucky 20% Typhoid Marys

She is staying home today... and gets an extra day with LaborDay.  She is still pretty punk feeling, but better than yesterday.  Slept most of yesterday w/o urgent trips to the loo.

I am resisting the urge to joke about her getting half the fun of a cruise. She doesn't like water, either.

• Haha 2

I was following a thread here, for about a week it ran.... a member was having probs with his new CWs rolling off at 60hz and it all relating to room dimensions.

In an ideal situation

what are the parameters for a perfect listening room?

is it more dictated by the speakers you wish to place in it? 

I don't know the best dimensions, but close to square seems to be bad and I think almost any speaker will have the same problems more or less in a terrible room.

An easy way to test is to download one of the test tone sweeps and play it, when you hear nothing or a diminished volume your at the point where the speaker stops, or stops reproducing in that room anyway. There are plenty of test tones online, I played with one to see how much high frequency hearing I lost, it was pretty depressing really. 

Here is a bunch, find one that works best for you, I kind of like the ones that tell the frequency than plays it.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrJ6yogf2ld.gMA9wtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0NDJzaDk2BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQUJBQ0tfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=test+tone+sweep&fr2=piv-web&fr=uh3_news_web_gs

• Thanks 1

wasn’t from the Norovirus; but, many moons ago, we had just got out of six weeks in dry dock.  We get underway and sail into a storm on day one. 20 foot seas and for lunch they serve us chili and Reuben Sandwiches.  Now, I don’t get seasick; but, many do and the stench of vomit filled the ship.  The silver lining of that story ... I had all the chili that I could eat that day.  No sandwiches though ... this Reuben dude dropped the ball by putting sauerkraut on the sandwich!  May as well have put butter, Okra, liver, cottage cheese, and chocolate on a sandwich and have all the things that i don’t like. 

Lunch was fair ... the waves better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I don’t get seasick

Steve,

I thought the same thing, having sailed and raced small (<20 ft) sailboats my whole life, until I was on a 28’ sloop in Chicago during a regatta. The wind was high and I had a shroud that was compromised.  Rather than risk snapping the mast, I parked it and volunteered to crew on a rescue boat.   After a few minutes of watching the Chicago skyline rhythmically rise and fall, I was ready to hurl until one of the racers capsized and we responded.

The only other time was on a 40’ Morgan ketch sailing from Harbor Springs to Beaver Island.  I didn’t actually put on a food show either time, but it was close.

My theory is that the erratic motion of a small boat under race conditions is not conducive to seasickness, whereas slow undulations of a larger boat without the excitement of racing, or rescue, promote mal de mer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

until I was on a 28’ sloop in Chicago during a regatta.

roughest ride of my life was during a november storm on lake michigan. been through larger waves on the ocean; but not rougher. 

• Like 2

used to go to PuertoPenasco with a friend. He would get sick every time... and he kept going  .  We would anchor up and bottom fish.  Me, I get my sea legs fast. I spend a day on the lake. I can stand in the boat fine. When I hit solid ground, I run into problems.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I can stand in the boat fine. When I hit solid ground, I run into problems.

the sensation of motion.  feels weird when you’re home an in the shower and you still feel like you’re on the boat. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

the sensation of motion.  feels weird when you’re home an in the shower and you still feel like you’re on the boat. 

Like riding your motorcycle for hours then stopping and it feels like the air is still passing over your arms. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Because it's windy?

Nope but it feels like it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Like riding your motorcycle for hours then stopping and it feels like the air is still passing over your arms. 

who said you could ride my motorcycle?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

who said you could ride my motorcycle?  

Wait, I thought I was on a treadmill....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I have had that feeling, one time after a cruise with a friend he said he could still feel the boat moving. I told him it will go away in a couple of days. He looked it up and it turns out there are some people who never get over that feeling, they have a name for it, he was a little panicked until it went away.

• Haha 2