Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

notice they have wheels?

The center cable connector looks promising with its' ease of rolling your chair over to switch to fix something... however, the idea of an amplifier on the ground to alleviate vibration's ... o O ( i guess ) does not fit into the realm of having money, then bending way over to practically touch your toe's to see where the on/off button is or read the dial ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Up by noon Friday, ready to go for the first group @ 6, main group @ 8, 3k Friday night, "They" say 10k last nite. Today 2 cells moving thru late this afternoon 10mph winds and the boys say they're gonna GO for tonite!  Did I ever mention how i hated to tent camp in the rain then endure the sauna the next day while striking camp?  Ya'll have fun now ya here?  I'm dead,  I stink, I'm tired of chicken and ham, finished off the last of 2# of terrible mac salad, almost out of Heineken, the bar has no scotch left,  terrible bourbon selection, no restock the bartender knew of, done walking, yet the show must go on for everyone wearing rain gear...  Ummm, seriously?  Pouring here now so yea...  Have fun w/that boys n girls!  

IMG-20190830-075827924.jpg

• Like 4

Just got a text.  Pouring for an hour so in rain delay mode for prolly another 30 minutes.  Place is southeast of me about 40 miles and the first cell is prolly almost done then they'll go and prolly cancel out if the second one hits before midnite there.  Either way it'll be short tonite for fewer people yet the group wanted it to go.  Rain makes mud.  lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

me too, Mike

I knew waking feeling good yesterday was too good to last.

Gia started school yet? Ours start way early... The beginning of Aug. Guess they never heard the song "See You in September"... The "logic" behind it is almost as convincing as the one for DST.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

me too, Mike

I knew waking feeling good yesterday was too good to last.

Gia started school yet? Ours start way early... The beginning of Aug. Guess they never heard the song "See You in September"... The "logic" behind it is almost as convincing as the one for DST.

she starts on Thursday..

• Like 3

That's the way I remember it...

found that $20,000 system on cl. 3] JBL M2 and 3] Crown amp/s.  Specs on the M2's range are... impressive as far as range goes. No need for a sub. Specs say to 20hz.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/gilbert-jbl-m2-reference-monitor-system/6951734265.html 

discounted $12,000 from new Wheeeee! May not be a bad deal. No matter. I still can't afford a 1/2 price Caddy, either

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 7:16 PM, Marvel said:

Thosr are some beautiful Onkens!  Are those some Yuchi horns on top, or did you just find this online?

I'm kind of curious what is growing in the center planter box. 😀  Not a fan of the exposed wires sprouting up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Chuck, this morning that meme SOOO applies here.  No debating about it.  Lady had brazillian @ the festival.  $2.50 a mugga, needless to say we became good friends.  She'd see me comin and had it ready to go.  HAD to have my JP-4 jet fuel.

Mike, there wasn't a coffee table, bikini's yes.  Those supple lil things out there in the grass jammin and twirrling their scarves, lights n stuff.  Yes , there was this ONE that stole the show, always is.  She held a couple us captive at times sittin up there.  lol  I have always said there should be a stripper pole out there somewhere.  It's almost a MUST HAVE imo.

The band?  Ekoostik ******.  The lead?  Steve Sweney.  Direction? ANYwhere Steve wants to take them and they ALL follow him.  The refreshing part of that is they all compliment each other so very well.  They're gonna load up for some road shows next year in the US again, then back to Europe.  Talked w/people from 9 states who came into see them.  

Steve's not turning pages upstairs any more when he shreds he's moved to the chapter at a time when he shreds.  Blessed by Warren and his pack of mules, Little Feat and many others.  Great guy.  Ya start playing it's a page at a time, as you get better it's pages, then flying pages in your head but when you're  there it turns to CHAPTERS at a time and he's rapidly approaching that.

This is a couple years old and you won't find a video of him shredding it for 10 minutes but he does live and it's an amazing ride.  Now to get my vid off the cell and sneak it around in here.  hahaha 

Coffee or the gun on the coffee table?  Time for coffee!

Hit it, suck on that mugga and GO!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8am Thursday we should get some rain and wind.  How much is anyone's guess.  It seems to be weakening a bit but that may change too.  I do minimal preparations but LF is more prudent.  She even thinks the Green Egg could blow away and wants to move it up against the house😑

• Like 2
  • Haha 2