Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i have a red plastic cup of Tequila ... not a match for your cold bottle there; but, the Tequila's doing its job.

It’s all doing good, have a red cup going and another with ice water, tried a little of a bunch of different kinds of whisky and even a wheat beer. I don’t discriminate I try it all.

Some homemade pineapple upside down cake, Benton’s wife made it, and it’s good.

35FB528D-BB42-4449-B2A0-3B55887DAF74.jpeg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

It’s all doing good, have a red cup going and another with ice water, tried a little of a bunch of different kinds of whisky and even a wheat beer. I don’t discriminate I try it all.

Wish i was there now to share a drink with you ... well, we could each have our own drinks as i don’t drink after people unless they’re very pretty ladies. oh, you know what i mean.

if you drink Tequila, try Fortaleza -- it’s exceptional. Here in Oregon, it runs about $49; but worth every penny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like central American beans. Not sure where these Mex came from. Easy enough to find out. Talk to the roaster. Doesn't have the Combate type flavor. This is almost peaberry.

It was in the 50's. I have the doors and windows open to warm the place. Room temp coffee is cold. Heineken cold

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 9/29/2019 at 7:33 AM, JohnJ said:

That's a great halftime spread Mr. Rodney prepped for y'all.

He does this every night, the night before it was steaks, baked potatoes and salad.

The first night we got there he made chicken and dumpling, I once told him it was one of my favorites so now he cooks it every time we make it out there. It is one of my favorites, I told him it's so good with the homemade biscuit pieces in it he could leave out the chicken as far as I cared.

When we were all pulling out Sun morning we all went to the clubhouse and he cooked breakfast, bacon and scrambled eggs with so many things in it i don't know what it all was, I know they  had some cut up peppers and jalapenos in i cause it was spicy, but really good, he can cook. 

It was Craig, my wife and I, plus Andy (HDBR), Kevin's brother Brandon his wife Ray and Tory and girlfriend Alicia,  plus his girlfriend parents who have never been there and had a good time. Alicia's  dad is from South louisiana also, as everyone was sitting at the table someone from Arkansas asked him a question and we whispered to him, answer him in french and he did, it's really coonass french, everyone from up there just looked at him, not catching a word of what he said. 

L to r

Brandon, Tory, Alicia's dad (can't remember his name) and Mark who lives up there.

CDD67FB7-A79C-4C0B-9B37-68FE4C2D182A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2