The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

American woman, gonna mess your mind...

saw the Guess Who three times ... great shows. After one show, my then wife asks me to go get her a guitar pick for a souvineer -- i tell her, “you're a girl, they’ll give you anything ... you go ask.”  Sure enough ... i was right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

saw the Guess Who three times ... great shows. After one show, my then wife asks me to go get her a guitar pick for a souvineer -- i tell her, “you're a girl, they’ll give you anything ... you go ask.”  Sure enough ... i was right. 

Randy Bachman is always a great guy and very accommodating even today. He has a great cross-country mostly oldies music show on CBC radio every Saturday Night.

Burton Cummings I never met.

Who provided the pick?

Wb

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

a lot of love for canada

Yep. Best international neighbors a country could possibly have.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yep. Best international neighbors a country could possibly have.

I'm kind of partial to Greenland.....

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i don’t live in Canada.   there are some things in canada that i really like. the sweetest and most beautiful woman that i know lives in Canada.  a lot of love for canada from this american.  i’m in Oregon.

and

22 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Canadian women?  DON'T start!  

Speaking of our women. Here's a few Canadian women for you. At least one already grabbed up:

Mel and Co Queens.jpg

Vic n Nick Wed.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm kind of partial to Greenland.....

Trouble there is they are both strategically located in the world or want to either remain independent or join Canada. ❄️❄️😉

We'd have to beef up our navy quite a bit to defend Greenland properly from the world's Dictators (ala Putin). Ask anyone who has previously incurred our wraith just ask them if we can fight when we have to. If you know your WWI and WWII history you could read what the memoirs of General of Panzer Troops Hermann Balck say on this subject.

Balck fought the Russians very, very,  successfully against massive odds before being sent west to fight Canadians where he was more evenly countered by numbers and equipment. 🏁

Wb

• Like 2

Picked up a wee bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch 1789.  So to continue my 30 year plus ritual I'll pour three fingers in a tumbler and enjoy while watching This Old House.

Life in the slow lane......

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

nothing wrong with that .... my best memories have been in the slow lane. That’s where real life happens. Cheers my friend!  Too early for me to hit my newest Tequila “Avion” but, i’ll pour one in your honor this evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

nothing wrong with that .... my best memories have been in the slow lane. That’s where real life happens. Cheers my friend!  Too early for me to hit my newest Tequila “Avion” but, i’ll pour one in your honor this evening.

Try the Herradura Reposado.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Try the Herradura Reposado.

i will ... thank you for the recommendation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

woke up from your nap, eh?

I've been practicing for a long time. We used to sit on the porch, passing a bottle of .... and raisin' hell with the passers by. 

now, I sit on the porch swing with my pipe.....

• Haha 3

do you tequila affectionados prefer it come from a particular agave?

I see ads stating all blue [better]...  From my understanding  . Blue agave are used commercially because they grow fast... es todo. That quality makes them "best".

......... for someone

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

do you tequila affectionados prefer it come from a particular agave?

I see ads stating all blue [better]...  From my understanding  . Blue agave are used commercially because they grow fast... es todo. That quality makes them "best".

......... for someone

yes to the blue agave.  The anejo, which i have, is small batch and aged two years (silver is unaged and Reposado aged six months).  I purchased this bottle by mistake as i was supposed to be getting Avion 44 (which is aged 44 months) 43 months in one barrel and one month in a petite barrel, and is reported to be noticeably better. i can tell you this Avion Anejo is the smoothest tequila that i’ve ever had ... great taste and very little bite at the finish. It’s definitely one that i’ll buy again and again.  

Well, my Tequila guy just texted me today asking if I’m interested in something called asombroso extra anejo -- that stuff is aged five years-- he’ll get an extra bottle for me if interested.  I said yes. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

and

Speaking of our women. Here's a few Canadian women for you. At least one already grabbed up:

Mel and Co Queens.jpg

Vic n Nick Wed.jpg

• Haha 5

I LOVE CANADA.

Hey Mike ... Missing you over in RTM -- you listening tonight?

• Like 1

not going to Canada... but I can visit lots of Canadians.... in Yuma.   Winter visitors/snowbirds.

Was talking to a friend there... Temp dropped to mid 80's. It feels cold.

made the coffee a little on the strong side. I'm not very scientific when it comes to that. Don't weigh the beans, or filter water.  Have a "spice mill" coffee grinder. no real control of the grind.  Judging by the taste... Too much beans, ground too fine. Kinda bitter this AM.

Boy rode in an obstacle course for horses yesterday. Got a 3rd in the novice division.

Novice is an understatement for him. He's got more time under a horse than on one. He's a trained ferrier.  He learned all he knew about horses taking the course.  Never rode until he got the job at the dude ranch. About 6mo now.  He rode a trail horse... One time thru the course as practice.... and they had to drag the horse thru one of the obstacles.   The other contestants' mounts were more accustomed to competition. It was as much a test of animal as rider. I think he did good.

Round 2 today. Hope he doesn't get cocky and hurt himself trying to go [too] fast.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

You realize this means WAR!!! 😉

Since we need time to mobilize and buy some Russian made SAM's and BUKS. 🚀🚀🚀 Our first salvos will take out all your Walmarts and Fast Food Restaurants:

and this:  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@BigStewMan will be crushed if you take out all the taco joints...  Also don't target the ketchup plants WB!   You can have the Wal-Marts  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

@BigStewMan will be crushed if you take out all the taco joints...  Also don't target the ketchup plants WB!   You can have the Wal-Marts  :)

We will have to send in the Anne Murray Division to sing and 'dance' at the H J Heinz plant. I believe they march with a company of Scottish Pipers leading the way.

Should be enough to drive out all the staff without actually damaging anything.😉

You could always try French's ketchup if it happens. 🍟

Wb

• Haha 4