The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Roger. Just wondering about BSM's experiences. When i lived in Meeee chigan i used to go over to Windsor or Sarnia Ontario to the Brewer's Retail just to get the genuine article.

when i was in that area, i lived on the boat ... didn’t have a car then, so when we’d go out it was to places within walking distance of where the boat was tied up. 

the second time i lived in michigan was in grand haven which is much further south than the Soo.  

someday i’d like to vacation in that area again and see the old sites ... @DizRotus owes me a beer next time I’m in Grand Haven.  

• Like 1

Last time I operated out of Canada there was a beer strike underway. That was in the 80's

• Like 1

the country was crippled

y'all have any experience with Aussie brews?  First time there, I tried a bunch. Hard to remember who was who. I did enjoy Power's Bitter.

Last time, I don't even remember if or what brand. All I ordered was a schooner. And glad I wasn't driving.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

when i was in that area, i lived on the boat ... didn’t have a car then, so when we’d go out it was to places within walking distance of where the boat was tied up. 

the second time i lived in michigan was in grand haven which is much further south than the Soo.  

someday i’d like to vacation in that area again and see the old sites ... @DizRotus owes me a beer next time I’m in Grand Haven.  

Any time.  The Tip-A-Few is calling.  The 2020 Coast Guard Festival is  July 24 - August 2.  You’d be a guest of honor.  We can hit the Legion too.  A friend of mine on 5th Street hosts a big party.  Stay with us in Birmingham and we’ll go to GH.

https://www.coastguardfest.org/

BBB0D50C-915B-4B44-9951-0085A6D35C0A.jpeg

FE2CBA03-B7B4-47E1-B67E-618EC327699D.jpeg

4C7E28B2-C692-461E-B072-638C00B037E9.jpeg

4C776E97-B8BA-4982-9BE3-7D7CBA66CA95.jpeg

• Like 3

thanks neil ... i’ll have to keep that in mind. that would be fun and after the year i just had it would be nice to get my brother out on a road trip. legion used to throw the CG a dinner during the festival. if i’m able to swing a trip like that, i’d also want to go see the only legitimate ship that should have the name Mackinaw.  It’s a museum in Mackinaw City area i believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Last time I operated out of Canada there was a beer strike underway. That was in the 80's

you get hazardous duty pay for that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

All I ordered was a schooner.

used to get schooners from this mexican dive in the port of long beach.  glasses of beer the size of a baby’s head. That was back in the day that you could have a drink at lunch and go back to work without getting into trouble. 

closest i’ve been to an aussie place is eating dinner at the Outback Steakhouse and drinking a Fosters ... that’s australian for beer so the commercial says; but, i hear that the locals don’t drink it. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

y'all have any experience with Aussie brews?  First time there, I tried a bunch. Hard to remember who was who. I did enjoy Power's Bitter.

Only Fosters.

• Like 2

anyone else's animals wound up? My cats have gone wild the last two days.  Weather? Seasonal? Moon phase? 

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

and drinking a Fosters ... that’s australian for beer so the commercial says; but, i hear that the locals don’t drink it. 

If you are in NewSouthWales, it is OK. Queensland, no. XXXX there

} Fosters, brewed in Britain. Far more consumption there than “downunder” —

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

We called them "oil cans."

Were you raised in the Carolinas?

We called them the exact same thing.

30 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Were you raised in the Carolinas?

We called them the exact same thing.

Same thing here.

I've posted this before, but if you see this in a store and have a chance to try it, it's a great beer.

AW_3.png

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Same thing here.

Guess we're all from the era when we had to puncture the oil can with that stainless spout to get it into the crankcase. Fosters can did look similar.

Gas went up to 90 cents a gallon right after I bought that pretty 12mpg big block Charger. Bet it could have got 15 in town, but not the way I drove at 16!

• Like 1

Kept a church key in the glove box for those cans, and um, other cans/bottles just in case.  A spout?  Oh the luxury.

• Haha 1

$1.29 at the K-mart wasn't a luxury for me! I cut grass for $5 a yard and made $2.29 ? an hour at the Chick-fil-A.

• Like 1