Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

59 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I have stories.... at one ranch, they dropped a load of cows that weren't familiar with the area....  they stood in the road for 2 weeks. After the first 5 encounters, you learned to expect them.  I learned how to persuade cows to move out of your way.  This is gonna sound dangerous/stupid.... gently nudge them with your car. They won't notice anything less.

} Use the old chrome horn, do you - 🏎🎺

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I'm lurking.....just quiet I guess.  Early planning stage for enlarging the media room at LF's place so I can bring one of my systems here rather than driving to my place to play tunes.  Watching a youtube series by the guy from PS Audio as he builds a new listening room. 

Ummmmmm, sounding more like a squatter with every post.  hahahaha   I can't see you driving to your place to play some tunes but I do see you're doing it the right way.  Should be an interesting outcome.  Pics or it didn't happen!  BTW do you have an asking price on your place yet?  Yea, we're missing you!   😂  :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sounds like going through the tunnel to get to the airport in Boston.

In-laws kept a beater-car for that, but others in their very nice automobiles would play real-life bumper cars for position in there:blink2:

I have to go to Tucson next week. I may take the Olds.  People give it some space and when you put your turn signal on, they scatter. The old girl looks all of her 31 years. Still runs great. 30mpg isn't bad. It uses a little oil. When it's a quart down, it is time for an oil change anyway. What scares me about the car is the freeze plugs. Had one rot out. We could get at it. The others??????

fwiw

I enjoy driving. If I lived on the eastern seaboard, I don't think I would drive. So much traffic.  I'm spoiled. Traffic? Worst we see is behind the school buses in the AM.... The 25 mile drive from the interstate to here is relaxing.  Just watch for cows standing in the road.

• Like 3

because I am cheap

free spotify... ads

one for ScanDigital sounds like ad for the place in TotalRecall [1st version, Ahnold] where you buy memories of a vacation...

just the way the say they will digitize your memories [vhs, pics...] for a lifetime of sharing, or something. Might be the tone combined with content. Struck me as odd

"Get your memories back in digital form"  just in time for the holidays.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I'm lurking.....just quiet I guess.  Early planning stage for enlarging the media room at LF's place so I can bring one of my systems here rather than driving to my place to play tunes.  Watching a youtube series by the guy from PS Audio as he builds a new listening room. 

• Thanks 1