Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Typically, after a vehicle sits for a couple of hours you can read cold tire pressure.  In extreme conditions, it would be more time but all tires should be adjusted to cold temps and that adjustment needs to be done seasonally.  Do not trust your average shop to do this, typically they will adjust to cold temp pressures when the tire is heated and FIU.  

I know there are people here that know these things.

'most everything I know, I learned the hard way.  I blame my Italian and Swedish heritage

2 minutes ago, Pete H said:

cold temps and that adjustment needs to be done seasonally

my question relates to our 40` AM to PM temp swing. Which is normal here

7 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I know there are people here that know these things.

'most everything I know, I learned the hard way.  I blame my Italian and Swedish heritage

my question relates to our 40` AM to PM temp swing. Which is normal here

You are way overthinking this, but now there's a chart to follow.  You should check your pressures regularly when they are cold, nothing more, nothing less and adjust accordingly. 

20 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

. 32psi.  33 is recommended. So, I did not add any. This AM, I checked them .... 23 - 24psi. Brought them up to "cold" spec.

Try another gauge.  10 psi for 40 degrees doesn't seem feasible.  Can you display pressure on your dash or drivers info center?

I agree

I'll just air them in the AM.

went to Tucson today. In and out. Time for my annual visit to the Dr.  We had a nice visit and made an appt for next year.  She's the only Dr I see with any regularity.... if you can call once a year "regularly"

Tossed a batch of spaghetti sauce on and went into neutral for a few minutes.  Couldn't relax, though. A friend had surgery for a bowel blockage today. The same one that has cancer. Waiting for a phone call.

Success. the blockage was not cancerous either.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, WillyBob said:

Hi All

car people

I have a Q

How much difference in tire pressure to ambient temp?

Yesterday, wife head off to work, at 7AM, 40`.  Tire pressure idiot light comes on. She parks it and gets a ride with a co-worker.  I get to it around 10AM, 80`.  Put the gauge on all tires ... 32psi.  33 is recommended. So, I did not add any. This AM, I checked them .... 23 - 24psi. Brought them up to "cold" spec.

Brings another Q

What constitutes a cold tire?

Is it a Honda Factory Tire Pressure Monitor or?

Wb

• Like 2

I have settled on a morning coffee ,and I don't feel the need to look any farther. Its a local place called TJs Roasters. I get a bag of their Ethiopia beans and a bag of their Guatemala beans and mix half and half in the grinder. This to me is perfect. Also the wife found this at TJ Maxx, and its works well for storing beans. Push the botton on top and it gets the the air out and seals the container. Its OXO brand. 

https://tjsroaster.com/shop

oxo-steel-pop-containers-set-of-5.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Is it a Honda Factory Tire Pressure Monitor or?

Wb

nissan

off to a better start this AM. Still plenty of time for that to change.

@Dave1290

the robe is in conjunction with winter sarong. 

I'll be digging some warm clothing out next week. A fall/winter storm... with rain!! Talking snow to 6500ft. Interesting set up. Cold ramming into a late season tropical disturbance coming up western Mexico. Could get exciting east of here. NM, TX east of here.

Be cutting some wood this weekend. It will be a week after the rain stops before I will be able to get out.  It takes a few for the water crossings and things to dry out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr clean said:

I have settled on a morning coffee ,and I don't feel the need to look any farther. Its a local place called TJs Roasters. I get a bag of their Ethiopia beans and a bag of their Guatemala beans and mix half and half in the grinder. This to me is perfect. Also the wife found this at TJ Maxx, and its works well for storing beans. Push the botton on top and it gets the the air out and seals the container. Its OXO brand. 

https://tjsroaster.com/shop

oxo-steel-pop-containers-set-of-5.jpg

Oh Yeaaa! Lock those beans down, especially after grinding them and it will taste the best it can be!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Was reflecting to my trip last year and the car. I made maximum use of cargo space in that little car.  It has a space 37in wide [between the wheel wells], 2 feet of clearance thru the hatch/rear door and 4 feet plus an inch or two for padding, if I moved the seat forward an inch from its rear position.  Some "smaller" cu/ft speakers, thinking of the tall ones would not fit.  plywood LS just fit

• Like 2