The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

No vice grip.  Dropped on my itty bitty head!  I thought it was gonna be the vise grip but ummm nope!  lol  Guy before me got to wear a football helmet.  hahahaha

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

} Whoa! That is hard to un-see. Grandma - Grandpa , tomato - tomaato 

That's no tomato.  Maybe a dried tomato.

them gals been eatin' too much spinach

We have weather! Started right on cue.  11AM/ Light rain and thunder. Had me scrambling to get the wood ricked up and covered. Gathered a nice load w/o leaving "town". Wife doesn't like me going cutting solo.  If something would happen, it would be BorderPatrol or smugglers to find me      no cell coverage where I normally go.

Wind is huffing and puffing.... from the south. Still warm/ish 55`. That's as good as it gets today. Cold front blowing thru today.

All the curtain/plastic on the windows made a difference in the sound. Almost wanna bump the treble up. 

just checking cl. A pair of LS $1800 local.   Wife and I are getting along good ... maybe a good time to test the waters?  She'd shoot me

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well, time for something a bit more feminine.  Anyone for an ice bath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

okie dokey

that'll cure ya ... or kill ya

a subtle thrill seeker. Some folks need near death experience to appreciate life?

I remember some German guests at a campground where I worked a long time ago.... We were sitting around the pool [unheated] in coats, it was winter.... These folks wandered up and jumped it. Water temp was 50` or so.

"oh, isn't this is lovely"

In HI, we didn't swim in the winter. The water was too cold... 70`

Had a hankering for home fries and eggs for breakfast. The potatoes were almost perfect. Golden, some crisp/crunchy.  Forgot how long it takes to do them proper.

I about died of hunger waiting.  I was hungry NOW!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

} Was in Norway for three weeks - never saw anyone attempt this ^^ - morning-noon-or night 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Ugh.  Another product of modern science.

More like Fugh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

Looks great but I would not want to deal with that level of crazy.

Something wrong there, you would think the cold would have visible effects. 

• Haha 3

Lol,  I guess you guys are unfamiliar with Wim Hof, The Iceman.

• Like 2

I wanna say the folk in Scandinavia like extremes. I believe sauna is one of their devices of pleasure, too. Then roll in the snow. 

infomercial

Dr. Ho's Total Body Relief

don't think you need a Dr for that... just a ho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know your day’s not going well when you get stuck behind a price check at the Dollar Store.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

You know your day’s not going well when you get stuck behind a price check at the Dollar Store.

is your last name Rockerfeller?  They do have 99 cent stores now.

• Haha 3

So, i met with a surgeon at the hospital today to discuss whether i should get surgery on my ears. After watching the tv screen and watching her peel layers of skin out of my ear canal and off the eardrum (it only hurt once), we decided against surgery ... well, i decided that and she agreed. She said even with a “perfect” surgery, there is no way that i can get my hearing back to normal, so I had to weigh the risks of surgery against the limited benefits. 

I have both mechanical hearing loss and loss from nerve damage. She did order a CT scan to see if there is Otosceloris on the Cochlea.  But even if that is confirmed, it won’t change anything we decided today. i’m stuck with hearing aids for the rest of my life and when the hearing gets to the point that the hearing aids aren’t cutting it, then we can revisit the surgery. 

i do find it amusing that the doctors take out my hearing aids and then talk to me. I just give them a blank stare and then say, “i can’t hear a thing.” It’s funny because they get this look on their face like “ok, that was dumb of me."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1