On 12/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, grasshopper said:

late start this AM. Got up at 6:30.

I have never said that, ever.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:14 PM, Dave1290 said:

but my brain cells weren't that shot. 

Or this

• Haha 3

mornin' all

done with Christmas shopping ... unless the spirit moves me to try again. Yesterday's shop was a bust.  Did manage to get a piece of meat for Christmas dinner. A 22b rib roast ... and 2 ducks. Have to wonder about Safeway pricing. The roast listed at $300+... Marked down to $115. Same as last year. Don't think I would pay $15/lb unless it was Wagu. Checkout asked if I was feeding the neighborhood?  Sorta am  .If they knew what I was serving, would be more.

... and there's spellchek wanting a "U" in neighborhood.

fwiw

wally does have some vinyl. I saw 6 or 10 albums. "Best of"s. My sister, in NC, says she saw some in Aldy's. Wally had theirs at $22ea, Aldy's at $16

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

mornin' all

done with Christmas shopping ... unless the spirit moves me to try again. Yesterday's shop was a bust.  Did manage to get a piece of meat for Christmas dinner. A 22b rib roast ... and 2 ducks.

Nice bet it will smell good there for a couple of days.

Love the beef & mushroom or the beef and AuJus aroma that hangs around all evening.

Heck just plain good beef smells great to me:cool:

• Like 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Wife likes to put the skins on the woodstove to impart fragrance.  After they dry, I enjoy throwing them on the hot coals and watching them near explode. Look almost like dynamite fuse with the oils going off.

Never tried that before but did learn it is flammable a couple years ago. We were at a Alchemy bar and I was watching a drink being made for a lady next to me, when it was about done the guy used the pelings to wipe around the rim of the glass, he then bent the rine in half over the glass as he held a lighter and it flamed up as it misted over the glass, I had no idea.

If you want a drink in a hurry a alchemy bar is not the place, it takes a few minutes at least to make a drink, they are very meticulous and get in no rush, but the same drink will be exactly the same every time you get one, It's interesting to watch. 

• Like 2