The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

19 hours ago, dtel said:

It was not good around then, we moved not long after hurricane Camille, 1969, I can remember this because the house being built was damaged during construction.

I don't hunt anymore either, just look and sometimes take pic's.

yard (10)-1.JPG

yard-12 (2).JPG

Yes age does. Now I let the guy who hunts my piece bribe me to do so with a couple of kills each year and $100 get them each butchered and packed and frozen. Turkeys on my front yard not Geese and no half gallon sized deposits everywhere like those Geese leave.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dtel said:

Thats funny, it reminds me of a Ron White story.

How appropriate is that?   Lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

after gorging on meat for two days, my dinner was beans and bread ... by choice.

wife discovered she likes bread. Hard to not like fresh, warm bread.

She used the bread machine [a Christmas gift]. She was a little amazed. Just put the ingredients in and wait. She claims to be a rice type person.... I must be a bad influence. She eats spaghetti [mine] and enjoys it [she says].  Claims to not like pasta or marinara.

Think she may be exercising " the woman's prerogative"?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dtel said:
6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I just take them out with my car.

Thats funny, it reminds me of a Ron White story.

OMG that Ron White is hilarious ....

Those bastards are everywhere around here..couple weeks ago me and The BOSS heading to the shop counted seven of them along the side of the road dead. The shop is 11 miles from the house.

I hit one couple years back in my old 1988 Isuzu Trooper II( AKA The Pooper)..... on the way home from the shop there is a nice long straight way about 3/4 mile. woods and some corn fields.... you can see the deer on any given day. as i'm driving in the Pooper this one day I see maybe 8 or 9 deer, they start running and they were going to cross the road in front of me. I'm slowing down from 50 mph or so... I can see that they will cross in front of me but there is this one that is heading for the Pooper.... I slow down more... 40....30.....20....10....and as I'm slowing down I'm trying to steer away from it.... but we were on a collision course!! I pretty much bring the The Pooper to a stop and as I do so the one deer hits the drivers door. It literally runs into me.... as I come to a stop I got out and looked at the deer laying in the road behind the truck maybe some 20' or so. It's on it's side and flopping a bit... It jumps up making some noise and runs off back across the field in to the woods. I stand there saying WT#$@&. I felt like I was in a episode of Twilight Zone....The deer and The Pooper were on a collision course in time and space at that moment and there was nothing I could have done about it...

I look at the side of The Pooper... drivers door took the brunt (Big old dent)of the animal hitting me, again I was almost at a stop. Some scratches along the rest of the truck as the deer scrapped along past. 

This did piss me of quite a bit.....cuz The Pooper was a really a nice little truck with close to a flawless body, fresh set of mud tires, just finished rebuild on the engine and now it was banged up... 

So yea I've hit a few of em....

Later...

MKP

• Sad 1

Long story short, MKP.

Been around for over a year... BSing here.....forgot my password and could not retrieve it.yehoo won't accept email from this format of site or some such ... Had to assume a new ID. You might have seen me as WillyBob.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Long story short, MKP.

Been around for over a year... BSing here.....forgot my password and could not retrieve it.yehoo won't accept email from this format of site or some such ... Had to assume a new ID. You might have seen me as WillyBob.

Try again ? Go through the whole forgot username/passcode game , you might have been temporarily locked out . Had this happen twice when trying to log on from my mobil device while on vacation . Seems like it was a 6 day lockout each time .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I tried... several times. Exhausted my very limited computer knowledge.

Damp and cold again this AM. No snow. That's a good thing. We no like that stuff. Twice a year [on average] is plenty. It's OK as long as it stays up the hills.

• Like 2

I might take to shooting a scrawny buck or two around here soon. Besides the young maple that they have been scraping their antlers on for a few years they have started destroying bushes lately. Heck I cut down the rock peach tree that ends up with fruit at 20% meat 80% pit. Left the stalk for them but they haven't used it yet. These three stayed here all of Thursday evening before moving on.

IMG-20191226-160239.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

You might have seen me as WillyBob.

WillyBob my man 😉

A good Saturday to all....

Nice day here, goona be close to 60. Got the windows open.

Today I'm putting the chains, snow cap and snow blower on my Wheel Horse tractor. Then off to our friends house for dinner..

Later...good vibes to all

MKP

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I might take to shooting a scrawny buck or two around here soon. Besides the young maple that they have been scraping their antlers on for a few years they have started destroying bushes lately. Heck I cut down the rock peach tree that ends up with fruit at 20% meat 80% pit. Left the stalk for them but they haven't used it yet. These three stayed here all of Thursday evening before moving on.

IMG-20191226-160239.jpg

be like Carl.... and use your car !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Need a big block V-8 to catch them Mike, they're fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Need a big block V-8 to catch them Mike, they're fast.

use your highbeams  or spotlight..

stops them dead in their tracks

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

be like Carl.... and use your car !

Nice buck on the right. Get him!

Mark

• Like 2
  • Haha 1