The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Depending on what part of the day it is 😀

Exactly, I weigh myself kind of often and try it in the morning and then at night, it's a shocking difference. I like the morning number more, stopped doing it in the evening. 

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

Exactly, I weigh myself kind of often and try it in the morning and then at night, it's a shocking difference. I like the morning number more, stopped doing it in the evening. 

On 12/25/2019 at 10:45 PM, dtel said:

It was alot of work, I did all the cooking of the basic things yesterday and she put it all together and put it in the refrigerator. This morning she took those trays out and started baking which took from about 6:30 to 12 for it all to be done. 

She got the normal Christmas day birthday cake and they all sang happy birthday to her, this year it was a giant King Cake which disappeared, BUT there was a second King cake which was not touched, yet. Some may not know what a King cake is but it is really good, it's a tradition for a month or so before Mardi Gras

She had a good day, she is falling asleep on the sofa as she should be, it's why I was answering.

The second King Cake.......it taste much better than it looks

image.jpeg

just hold on to the cake . for morning weigh in.... 

at night it will all even out !

It will even out one way or another, the cake is long gone. The kids brought them as Christy's birthday cake, it's a good thing they only sell them around mardi gras.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I don't eat to live, I live to eat.

Cholesterol/triglyceride, have no idea what mine is, had it checked 25 years ago, probably time? :o Could stand to lose some weight, working on it somewhat, 6'3", 260-265 depending. But I only have about 6 months and I will be the oldest male in our family, ever, it's like a goal we'll see.  :lol:

Over the last 62.5 years doing healthy things was not on the list, probably should be dead already ?

I'm right there with you, brother. I think its a growing up in New Orleans thing myself. Great food, great music, and great folks (better 40 years ago imo). Too much gun play today in N.O. I'm a year younger than you and I need to lose 50 lbs big time. Retired and spend too my time on my azz. Need to commit and join the local gym/club and make a change. 63 and you will be the oldest male every in ur family? My father passed away of a heart attack @ age 50, so only by the grace of God I have surpassed that! 

I hope you and the wife see 90 :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Great food, great music, and great folks (better 40 years ago imo).

That's true, we seen so many concerts in the Warehouse and on the Riverboat President I can't remember them all. And you couldn't beat the price always around 10$.

The monthly parties at the VFW in Arabi, right outside of NO was always a fun time, 20$ a couple and all the draft beer you could drink, they hand you a picther as you walk in and the regular band was Harvey Jesus, just a party band.

Don't need to say anything about the food, you know.

My father passed away of a heart attack @ age 50

Mine was 62 when he passed, he had a heart transplant around 57-58 and lived for a few more years. 

I hope you and the wife see 90 :)

I hope so but doubt it, you never know, I do need to make some changes. Hope you go way longer than your dad, and you probably will.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It will even out one way or another, the cake is long gone. The kids brought them as Christy's birthday cake, it's a good thing they only sell them around mardi gras.

In 2020, Mardi Gras Day is February 25. Fat Tuesday 

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Harvey Jesus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polizzio said:

Need to commit and join the local gym/club and make a change.

You'll feel so much better getting into a regular work out routine... 

4 hours ago, polizzio said:

I need to lose 50 lbs big time.

Man if I lost 50 lbs I'd blow away🤣🤣

The BOSS lost a bunch of weight couple years back, all she did was stop drinking soda, she comes with me when I work out. But all she does is sit there and watch, she says "I'm not doing any of that and getting sweaty" 

MKP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Harvey Jesus

Wow he's getting old, as I am.

He sure calmed down, but we were all younger back then, probably 35+ years ago. 

Another place we like is Rock n Bowl, on Carrollton ave, cool place. It's a huge metal building, along the back wall is all bowling lanes, the front is a big stage and bars. It's all open so if your bowling your also listening to the band. It's a cheap place to hear live music and always fun, the crowd kind of changes depending on the band. We have brought our kids and grandkids there, kids allowed, they loved it. 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0geKIxe_Q9eL2YAcGNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycGtnbjI4BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjkwNTBfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=rock+n+bowl+new+orleans&fr=uh3_news_vert_gs

r & b.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, dtel said:

Not really mostly simple things, I love to cook.

I don't eat to live, I live to eat.

Cholesterol/triglyceride, have no idea what mine is, had it checked 25 years ago, probably time? :o Could stand to lose some weight, working on it somewhat, 6'3", 260-265 depending. But I only have about 6 months and I will be the oldest male in our family, ever, it's like a goal we'll see.  :lol:

Over the last 62.5 years doing healthy things was not on the list, probably should be dead already ?

Morning Eldon, did you know that grapefruit can practically eat the cholesterol out of your bloodstream? I ravenously read all kinds of medical stuff for a few years when my filter failed. Now I can't eat them except in the middle of the day `cause it could negate my immunosuppressant. The enzymes and stuff is so strong in them lots of Rx's warn against it. 

The ruby reds come out the third week in Jan? (or Feb.)

& I was two blocks away from the inland waterway (Indian River in Rockledge) In ten min I could be back with a knapsack full of them on my bike. Best I've ever had, even the stores in Orlando could not get them that fresh! 

Was thinking about em a couple of days ago but I like them for breakfast and that is impossible for me now. I rarely make brunch food but that would work.

Oh.... I knew you were a Bohemian :emotion-19::emotion-14: first time I read your signature!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Another place we like is Rock n Bowl, on Carrollton ave, cool place. It's a huge metal building, along the back wall is all bowling lanes, the front is a big stage and bars. It's all open so if your bowling your also listening to the band. It's a cheap place to hear live music and always fun, the crowd kind of changes depending on the band. We have brought our kids and grandkids there, kids allowed, they loved it. 

r & b.jpg

Been to both of their locations over the years, the former Mid City Lanes was their first. I lived/grew up 3 blocks from Carrolton and Claiborne intersection, ages 9-18. Streetcar or bus to anywhere in the city, was a dime on my very first ride. Fishing poles and a 5 gallon bucket to the lakefront with my padna, or City Park. I caught a 5lb 4 oz bass in City Park @ age 10, got it mounted and still on my wall today, right next to my desktop. I was pretty big into bank fishing @ a young age.

• Like 2

Amazing condition for 50 years old, and all the moving trips. I prize it to this day. Not the biggest bass in the world by any means, but the memories associated with it. I was age 10 at the time. Caught it on a purple worm fished on the bottom.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Man if I lost 50 lbs I'd blow away🤣🤣

me too.

I'm 6'2" and might weigh a buck and a quarter ... soaking wet. The only way I can gain weight is to let my hair grow. Bulking up for winter means more clothing

Spent yesterday flatback.  [Wife and I discussed this terminology given we do not endeavor to...] I caught a cold/flu..I wasn't trying to catch it.... Coughing and hacking... Don't get too close to your computer. I might still be contagious. 

We know about "Jewish Penicillin"... Wife has one better. "Sick Soup". A broth of hot Hungarian paprika and a lot of parsley. It works. I tried the chicken soup first

Off to a slow start this AM. House was full of smoke when I got up. Wife accidentally damped the fire off, as opposed to down. When I made coffee, it ran all over the place when I was letting the grinds bloom. Something [a coffee grind/ground?] holding the valve open..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Morning Eldon, did you know that grapefruit can practically eat the cholesterol out of your bloodstream?

I didn't know that, I do like the juice, does that count or does it have to be the fruit ?

5 hours ago, polizzio said:

Been to both of their locations over the years

I had only been to the original location once a long time ago but we have been to the present location a bunch. Our cousin Kathy sings in bands that plays there sometimes.

I was surprised to see they opened a new location in Lafayette La, never been there.

5 hours ago, polizzio said:

I caught a 5lb 4 oz bass in City Park @ age 10, got it mounted and still on my wall today, right next to my desktop.

Back when I did insurance I kept a ultralite pole in the trunk and would stop and fish in City Park, the park and ponds are so old there are some nice bass, nice looking ponds and bridges all through the park.That's about the size of the biggest bass I have ever caught on fished fresh water a little, saltwater every weekend.

35 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm 6'2" and might weigh a buck and a quarter ... soaking wet.

Never was thin, about 6'3" 200 pounds in high school.

• Like 1

I have liked Florida's Natural since it came out in the 90s and was the least expensive. Not sure but I drink the ruby red a couple times a year. If I buy the fruit in a couple weeks it would be torture to not have it with first at six!             You know there was nothing derogatory with the bohem remark? Like live, eat, drink, and "make merry" to the fullest!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You know there was nothing derogatory with the bohem remark? Like live, eat, drink, and "make merry" to the fullest!

No I never thought that at all, that could be taken a bunch of different ways but I never thought anything of it, I could/have been called much worse. Thought it was a good thing when I read it, sounded like a complement to me. :emotion-21: That's how I took it anyway,  Thanks.

I need to get some grapefruit juice, in a way it reminds me of liquor, the first taste can be a little rough sometimes.

• Like 3

Had a friend I nicknamed that years ago. Excess was something that came easy for him, in everything.

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I kept a ultralite pole in the trunk

I landed an 8lb bass on 4lb test and size 10 hook . Funny thing... it wasn't hooked. It inhaled the 1/4inch plastic maggot and blew it out thru its gill,  it wound around the main line, essentially, I lassoed the fish

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Had a friend I nicknamed that years ago. Excess was something that came easy for him, in everything.

I guess I have been lucky, always tended to stay on the verge of excess but avoided the problems, or I was just lucky, not sure which. 

Plus I have slowed down alot from how I used to be, getting old can do that to you.

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I landed an 8lb bass on 4lb test and size 10 hook . Funny thing... it wasn't hooked. It inhaled the 1/4inch plastic maggot and blew it out thru its gill,  it wound around the main line, essentially, I lassoed the fish

I like ultralight poles, everything seems to fight more, one of the biggest bass I have ever caught was when I was perch fishing with a tiny hook.  I have never caught a bass as big as that but never fished freshwater alot compared to saltwater.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

That had to be one heck of a moment, 8lb on ultralight. #10 is a tiny hook. First fly rod I purchased @ a local sporting goods store, first trip I landed a 4 lb 15 oz bass on a small top water plug. She inhaled it and I watched. This was fishing out of my lake skiff with a troll motor.

• Like 2