Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

Campground or comune, or a cross between the two ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to Hope be back in a few days, maby Monday night.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtel said:

Going to Hope be back in a few days, maby Monday night.

Later gator!  You guys be safe.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Friday my peeps....

A good weekend to all. Looks like we're getting some weather Saturday.... snow, ice, rain oh boy. Fire place gonna be working overtime..

 

Later..

 

MKP 🙂

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad weather heading in later today and then down in to single digits over the weekend.

I'm going to plant my happy *** on my stationary bike and crank tunes all weekend. (still rehabbing my store bought knee)

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.9221af776331d1f0300ae4f56ca548d1.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Bad weather heading in later today and then down in to single digits over the weekend.

I'm going to plant my happy *** on my stationary bike and crank tunes all weekend. (still rehabbing my store bought knee)

Like that horizontal not-sheet paneling in the room there. Glass brick window? If those are thick seems like they would insulate well, & good rehabbing this weekend!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Like that horizontal not-sheet paneling in the room there. Glass brick window? If those are thick seems like they would insulate well, & good rehabbing this weekend!

My home is almost 100 years old. Lots of good thick glass block in the building. This one was covered for about 75 years (+/-). I only knew it was there because I could see it from the outside (2nd floor). I just tore down a wall to get to it a few months ago. There was actually another wall behind the first one I tore out, so I had to tear down two walls. I was hoping for exposed brick as it is a solid brick home, but the wall had been plastered over. Came up with the slat wall idea and you see the result. 

Time flies by when you sit down, turn up some tunes and veg out. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Bad weather heading in later today and then down in to single digits over the weekend.

I'm going to plant my happy *** on my stationary bike and crank tunes all weekend. (still rehabbing my store bought knee)

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.9221af776331d1f0300ae4f56ca548d1.jpg

Nice looking space.  I'll probably eventually have my right knee and hip done.  38 years of soccer is taking its toll.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Nice looking space.  I'll probably eventually have my right knee and hip done.  38 years of soccer is taking its toll.

I first blew this knee out playing soccer in 1986.

I have been gimping around without an ACL in that knee since then. Finally got to be too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I first blew this knee out playing soccer in 1986.

I have been gimping around without an ACL in that knee since then. Finally got to be too much.

I've had 3 surgeries on my right knee and getting arthritis in my right hip.  Last knee surgery was when I was 52.  That was the last time I was able to run and the last time I played soccer.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've had 3 surgeries on my right knee and getting arthritis in my right hip.  Last knee surgery was when I was 52.  That was the last time I was able to run and the last time I played soccer.

yeah, I had four surgeries prior to the replacement. Two on each knee. The right knee will need to be replaced too but not for a few more years, I hope.

I never let it slow me down much, but did not play soccer after the first major blow out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at getting a burr grinder and possibly replacing my Bunn with a Technivorm.  Looking at a Baratza encore grinder.  Any owners out there with an opinion?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've seen one redwood tree you've seen them all.----Ronald Reagan

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dtel said:

Campground or comune, or a cross between the two ?

sign over the entrance to the place

"Home for the Bewildered"

 

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Looking at getting a burr grinder and possibly replacing my Bunn with a Technivorm.  Looking at a Baratza encore grinder.  Any owners out there with an opinion?

 

Wife got a Cuisinart burr grinder for me, $60. I'm happy with it so far. I'm prolly not as demanding as others, though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Pete H they had good reviews at amazon for that * baratza, but I'd already fallen in love with one made by Bodum. Two have lasted me almost twenty years now and both those twelve step places did one thing...... made me addicted to coffee!! That Bodum electric burr is getting towards a bill last time I looked but nothing else I've witnessed (& I used to have some friends in the high tax brackets) would grind as evenly and consistently even sized grounds as what I use! The newer one I have is more quiet than the first so as long as I can get good beans I'm Happy!

Edited by JohnJ
*
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pete H said:

Looking at getting a burr grinder and possibly replacing my Bunn with a Technivorm.  Looking at a Baratza encore grinder.  Any owners out there with an opinion?

I've had a Racillo Rocky for over 10 years.  It's been flawless.  I use it for coffee and espresso. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've had a Racillo Rocky for over 10 years.  It's been flawless.  I use it for coffee and espresso. 

Glad you mentioned that, the one I talked about won't quite go fine enough to make expresso.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Glad you mentioned that, the one I talked about won't quite go fine enough to make expresso.

This absolutely will.  It even has fine enough adjustment to get your pours exactly 25 seconds.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...