The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Yep I searched for it and it looks like it earned the Rocky in the name!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

those twelve step places did one thing...... made me addicted to coffee!!

That is their MO. Substitution

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

About nap time for me. 2AM is WAAAAAAY too early to be up. But... No plans for the day. Wife is going to Tucson. Her sister had a lump-ectomy and wife is going to see how she is doing. I have the house overnight.  No wild party, even if it sounds that way.

Have coffee, so, I may be up for a few [more minutes].

Coffee ground in this burr mill tastes different. I guess the spice mill cooked the beans more than I thought. This dark roast Kona is  much less "dark" tasting.

Calling for low/mid 70's next couple days. I'm good with that. I'd be fine with lows in mid 60's and highs in the mid 80's, depending on R/H.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, MookieStl said:

Bad weather heading in later today and then down in to single digits over the weekend.

I'm going to plant my happy *** on my stationary bike and crank tunes all weekend. (still rehabbing my store bought knee)

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.9221af776331d1f0300ae4f56ca548d1.jpg

Great room Mike.  Good luck with rehab.

Thought of you this week in Denver as family and friends admired the airport structures.  I told them I have a friend in St. Louis who is in that business, but that you didn’t make those.

4E1D3E8B-6F7E-4D05-A60F-6EB5C9679683.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

That is their MO. Substitution

:lol:

Not really I'd call it self-imposed brainwashing, not with admonishment though. It is on the individual to make behavioral changes.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Thought of you this week in Denver as family and friends admired the airport structures.  I told them I have a friend in St. Louis who is in that business, but that you didn’t make those.

zootop.thumb.jpg.3b2929bd08111a2c0b2b9ecc201c0168.jpgMV.thumb.jpg.9320b425c9b6f48ed47d852beb966376.jpg

Mine are a much more manageable size. The Denver Airport was quite a feat, I know a few people who worked on it. WOW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Rehab going great. Just got back from a 2.5 mile hike. Cold weather held off for a day, into the single digits tomorrow so walk today, bike tomorrow.

Should have done this years ago, but.....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Unknown.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Hey all

Was digging thru my things and found an Eico 3070 Cortina amp. It's pretty rough. Worth cleaning up and being gone thru?

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/eico/3070.shtml

I believe the eico amps had pretty decent outpt tranformers, but it wil cost a fair amount to have it gone through to rebuild (needed considering its age and all). I would contact Craig at nosvalves.com just to get a ballpark idea. That would work nicely on your LS,

• Like 3

Thanks @Marvel   Prolly not worth the $$$ to resurrect. Should fix the fuse holder and plug it in... See if magic smoke escapes... 

Say it ain't so .... synthetic coffee.

I'll have to give that a miss, just on principle.

Think I mentioned wife having AMD. Now, science says THC may slow its onset.Mushrooms being good for cluster/migraine headaches and depression... Maybe the hippies were on to something? We were just having fun.

yeah yeah... I'm in a notch group.. Too young to be a hippy and too old to fall into yuppie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coffee with Chicory this morning.

Happy Birthday to General Robert Edward Lee, Sr.

• Like 2

Chicory is a taste I haven't acquired, yet. The local roaster has some beans that were dried with the cherry on. Kinda reminds me of chicory. Rather expensive [for us]... as if it matters. I don't care for the taste.

... and I agree with the "may not"... When the fed made hemp/marijuana Schedule One, it seriously impeded any serious research into the plant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Chicory is a taste I haven't acquired, yet.

Blech.  Nor have I.  I have absolutely no problem with people liking it as everyone has different preferences but it's not for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Chicory is a taste I haven't acquired, yet. The local roaster has some beans that were dried with the cherry on. Kinda reminds me of chicory. Rather expensive [for us]... as if it matters. I don't care for the taste.

... and I agree with the "may not"... When the fed made hemp/marijuana Schedule One, it seriously impeded any serious research into the plant.

Are those beans dried 'naturally" like just in the sun without being washed? That's close to being the honey process where the shell is taken off but that's it, the mucilage is left on (like the brittle thin stuff around a roasted peanut).

That is terrific when started with good beans, got a 6 oz sample put in my last order of coffee and been on it for the last four days... will end tomorrow drat!

• Like 2

@JohnJ

Can't say for sure how the beans are "processed". About all I remember is the way I described. I may have to give it another try. First impression wasn't favorable. I prefer a light roast.  Medium at the darkest. Once in a while I get a hankering for dark roast ... but for everyday, it's light.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, sunburnwilly said:

Unknown.jpg

check out those cane grills 

thought "cane grills" was code for something

I just realized there were speakers in the pic

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

thought "cane grills" was code for something

I just realized there were speakers in the pic

and it's fully loaded

• Like 3