The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

24 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
header.png
HomeThe Cruise - Itinerary - Harvest Caye, Belize - Roatan, Honduras - What’s Included - Cruise Store - Late Night Live - Powered byThe BandsThe Ship - The Pearl - Staterooms - Dining - Deck Plan - Onboard AccessibilityPricing - Pricing and Availability - Payment Dates - Cancellations and Changes - VIP Experience - Airpass Credit - Travel Insurance - Terms & ConditionsTravel Center - Passport Requirements - Getting There - Hotel - ShipBoard EtiquetteFAQ - Booking Questions - Travel Questions - Onboard Questions - Onboard AccessibilityContact - Facebook - Twitter - Privacy Policy - Cruise StoreBook Now

The Bands

CHECK OUT OUR LINE-UP!

ctte20-slide-marquee-092619v2.png

ctte2020-yes.jpg

YES

ctte2020-marillion.jpg

MARILLION

ctte2020-saga.jpg

SAGA

ctte2020-anathema.jpg

ANATHEMA

ctte2020-riverside.jpg

RIVERSIDE

ctte2020-haken.jpg

HAKEN

ctte2020-nervebundle.jpg

NERVE BUNDLE

ctte2020-protocol.jpg

PROTOCOL

ctte2020-stickmen.jpg

STICKMEN

ctte2020-pendragon.jpg

PENDRAGON

ctte2020-gong.jpg

GONG

ctte2020-curvedair.jpg

CURVED AIR

ctte2020-kingsx.jpg

KINGS X

ctte2020-leorme.jpg

LE ORME

ctte2020-lifesigns.jpg

LIFESIGNS

ctte2020-glasshammer.jpg

GLASS HAMMER

ctte2020-stuhamm.jpg

STU HAMM

ctte2020-moonsafari.jpg

MOON SAFARI

ctte2020-davekerzner.jpg

DAVE KERZNER

ctte2020-gabriel.jpg

GABRIEL

ctte2020-marbin.jpg

MARBIN

ctte2020-blank.jpg

© 2019/2020 ON THE BLUE CRUISES, INC. | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | PRIVACY POLICY

footer.png
ctte20-slide-marquee-092619v2.png

Some good music on that cruise ... but, why didn't YESS use the photo with me in it?  I may have to boycott the Cruise to the Edge now. Not completely sure, but I think Michael Colter of Klipsch Forum fame has been on a previous cruise. 

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

that would be tempting. 

191801_10150127794986777_145230931776_70

group-boat.png

• Like 2

Michael Colter goes on many of the rock cruises, never been on one myself. I could go on almost 3 normal 7 day trips for the price, BUT without that kind of shows. Dirtmudd's last pictures are NOT what you will see on a rock cruise. The rock cruise people are in it for the music, the girls in the last pic's I would guess in general are in it for money in one way or another. just a guess

• Like 4

Got to make some soap today, laundry detergent. (I'm easily entertained)                 All the stuff has been here for a while but we were out of town so I did it this morning. We did it a couple years ago and liked it, when it ran out we just bought the store stuff but recently decided to make it again. 

Going to send some to the kids, I made almost 20 gallons, the stuff works as well as any we have bought and it's cheap, about $40 to make 20 gallons.

• Like 4

Imagine you've found a way to make real detergent not that salt crap HE stuff that doesn't work on grass or mud.

Did you use TSP?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dtel said:

it for money

still cheaper than a cruise

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Imagine you've found a way to make real detergent not that salt crap HE stuff that doesn't work on grass or mud.

Did you use TSP?

Not sure what that is.

This has Naptha soap (fels-naptha), Borax laundry soap and washing soda.

We tried it before and had no problem, it seemed to clean as wall as the others................. internet pic.......

Liquid-Laundry-Soap-with-Borax.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

still cheaper than a cruise

True, but a much shorter ride.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dtel said:

Not sure what that is.

This has Naptha soap (fels-naptha), Borax laundry soap and washing soda.

We tried it before and had no problem, it seemed to clean as wall as the others................. internet pic.......

It's the stuff that Tide and ever other kind of laundry soap That Worked was made with: Tri Sodium Phosphate. Mix it with real bleach to spray over what you're pressure washing wait five then hit it and you're done.

Last time I bought some at a paint store it was fake I took it back and they exchanged for the real thing.

It said imitation or something like that in the small fine print on the back. Why bother selling that if it doesn't work!  

bang.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Got to make some soap today, laundry detergent. (I'm easily entertained) 

ever heard of drinking heavily?  i had paid $12 for some Tide (64 loads) and then I was at the grocery store and saw something called Sun 64 load size for $2.99  not sure if that stuff is any good because you know ... I’m a guy, you can’t ask me about shoes, fashion, or moisturizers; but that sure was a cheap price. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

ever heard of drinking heavily?  i had paid $12 for some Tide (64 loads) and then I was at the grocery store and saw something called Sun 64 load size for $2.99  not sure if that stuff is any good because you know ... I’m a guy, you can’t ask me about shoes, fashion, or moisturizers; but that sure was a cheap price. 

Drinking heavily is hard, it feels like it anyway.

$2.99 is so cheap it makes me wonder, but on the other side people tend to pay alot of money for a brand name, good or bad i don't know.

I don't know about this stuff either, all I knew is when we tried it last time it seemed to work. But with gallons around the best part was you never ran out and had to go to the store. Have enough of the mix left to make 50% more than the 20 gallons made today. 

• Like 3

Elden, how long with that 20 gallons last you?  If you’ve used it before and it worked and you didn’t break out in a rash, then i guess you’re good.

I didn’t buy that cheap stuff figuring that it was too cheap, that made me suspicious.  I did, for the first time, buy some Arm & Hammer. Have done a few loads and can’t tell the difference between that and the expensive stuff that i’ve bought (Tide, Persil).  

Yeah, i can’t drink that i once did either. I used to drink like a fish ... now it’s more like a guppy. I had a double shot of bourbon and i’m following that with two beers and that’s about as much as i’ll drink 99% of the time. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Elden, how long with that 20 gallons last you?  If you’ve used it before and it worked and you didn’t break out in a rash, then i guess you’re good.

I didn’t buy that cheap stuff figuring that it was too cheap, that made me suspicious.  I did, for the first time, buy some Arm & Hammer. Have done a few loads and can’t tell the difference between that and the expensive stuff that i’ve bought (Tide, Persil).  

Yeah, i can’t drink that i once did either. I used to drink like a fish ... now it’s more like a guppy. I had a double shot of bourbon and i’m following that with two beers and that’s about as much as i’ll drink 99% of the time. 

I really have no idea how long it will last, I would guess a long time washing a couple times a week. I don't know because I do not go to the grocery store and probably never bought laundry soap in my life. :huh: No one broke out and the oldest daughter is very susceptible to things like that.

I'm a social drinker at best, was gone for over a week around people drinking and all I did was taste a shot glass of whiskey, it was Elijah Craig, very good but strong. Nothing against it but just happen to not feel like a drink for the last bunch of months. May feel like it again in the right situation, does not bother me either way, have nothing against a little buzz.

• Like 2

10:19 pm (pst) ... I’m still up, where are all you party animals?  Getting your beauty sleep? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was just reading/watching videos, 1:43 am, going to sleep now. No party.

'

• Like 2

okay .. it’s now 12:30am (pst) and this place is rocking ... you all should be here...well, maybe not I’m thinking about going to sleep. 

I haven’t worked since March of 2017 ... i’ve forgotten what it’s like to have to get up and be somewhere. Sometimes, it’s getting late and i think “i’ve should be getting to sleep” them I remind myself that i can sleep in as long as i want because i don’t have to be anywhere in the morning. Rarely do i sleep past 8am though ... on a rare occasion 9.

Got to watch my my favorite female curling team tonight via a game streamed over the internet... National Championships going on. The gals are 5-0 and have a playoff spot locked up already, they beat out the only other undefeated team, then i cranked up the music. 

why do i feel like i’m talking to myself?

• Like 3

I dunno, Steve.

Never thought about curling with a woman as a team sport... I spose it's OK as long as the team is all female.

on the topic of cruises

Anyone see the ad for Celebrity X  Cruises? The one that they play WhiteRabbit to?.... I have to wonder what they are implying. Take a trip w/o leaving the dock???

Saw an ad that kinda .. I dunno

One of the folks in the commercial is a gal that had a double mastectomy w/o reconstructive surgery and they showed her bare chested. Just struck me a strange. That is OK, but bare chested healthy breasts are not... Plumbers' crack and cleavage get pixelated???? Odd standards we have.

Made a 2lb loaf of bread yesterday. Caught me off guard.  The recipe is NOT doubled 1lb loaf measures.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

favorite female curling team t

• Like 2

Lots of ladies curling coming up. Up to 9 hrs. a day of TV coverage for 9 days.

It's a big thing here. Yes - Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

Hurry hard-Hurry hard.

Yeah, the Mute button, a book and sometimes a beer is my favorite part.

https://www.curling.ca/2020scotties/

Weather this morning

cold.JPG

• Like 2