Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'm all about FREE!  I'll just drop this one right here!  Picked up last weekend's Tedeschi Trucks show from the Ryman in Nashville where they killed it!  Here ya go soooo bookmark and hit it when you've got time!  You'll see WHY they're one of the best groups out there today.  They push EVERY button!  Enjoy!  :)

https://archive.org/details/ttb2020-02-29.mk41v.edtyre/ttb2020-02-29.mk41v.edtyre.s1.t04.flac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm laughing because I had to click on it to even know that TeduchiTrucks was a band and not an automotive group.

I kinda live in a cultural void.  We're in our own little world out here.

Needed to take wife to an eye Dr appt yesterday.While she was in there, I went to the WhiteElephant. The fact that they don't take plastic saved me from buying a tribal coat... no idea what that means, exactly... except if goes with the robe and sarong. The writing on the inner label was in middle eastern or Indian/ Tibet type script. Can't find a similar image. It was crude but elegant No buttons or zippers or ties.... Lamb's wool interior. It was long and heavy as, weightwise. Had some very subtle embroidery [brown on brown] on the back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

took my buddy to the lake today - give his wife a break

Was telling him about one spot in the road that turns into a mud bog.... It is dry but a lot of serious ruts and dips... We're coing up to this spot and come up on a 4wd . They pull over and let me by. Saw them a few minutes later at the lake. Commented about him letting me pass.

"I was putting my truck in 4 wheel"...

I was driving the Olds. She waddled right thru w/o bottoming/scraping... clean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got my '77 Ford F-150 FWD stuck in a river bed once.  Water was only about waist deep and I was just going along slowly not paying too much attention. next thing I know, I'm stuck.  A lot of people there and another truck pulled me out ... embarrassing though!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

took my buddy to the lake today - give his wife a break

You normally taker her ?

Couldn't help it, bet she's more fun.

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I was driving the Olds. She waddled right thru w/o bottoming/scraping... clean.

Bet you made him feel silly, at least you were there to pull him out if he got stuck. :lol:

23 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

Have you tried it with Ketchup ?

I'm surprised he has not found ketchup flavored ice cream.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

You normally taker her ?

Couldn't help it, bet she's more fun.

Bet you made him feel silly, at least you were there to pull him out if he got stuck. :lol:

I'm surprised he has not found ketchup flavored ice cream.

This Ketchup Ice Cream

It's got the funniest back story.

MAY 17, 2018

INSTAGRAM / GELATI_ICECREAM

There are people in this world who believe ketchup should be added to everything: eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, mac and cheese. The saucier, the better. For those people, there is now a ketchup-flavored ice cream in existence, and none other than Ed Sheeran to thank for it.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

This weekend, the singer is performing two shows in Dublin, Ireland. To welcome him back to the U.K., an ice cream shop decided to whip up a flavor featuring his favorite food. Now, you may think you're a ketchup fan, but Sheeran has a Heinz bottle tattooed on his arm. That's dedication.

Gelati, a scoop shop with two stores in Enniscrone and Ballina, Ireland, is even giving away free scoops to people who attend Sheeran's concert. "Drop in for a free Ketchup cone if attending the concert," they captioned the post, which also features a photo of Sheeran's glorious tattoo.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

The red, ketchup-drizzled ice cream has been making its rounds on Twitter after a video of a cone being prepared was posted, and people can't believe it really exists.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

watching an episode of Hogan's Heroes and Klink says that Pistachio is his favorite ice cream.  So I got curious and bought some.  It is NOT my favorite ice cream. 

It wasn't the Pistachio, Pistachio was it?

Rough, busy week around here. When I was leaving the oj area of the store the other day I walked through the ice cream aisle. Ben & Jerrys was two for $6!  So 2 for 6, 3 for 9 that's the only time I buy it. Since bryers isn't milk, cream, flavor, sugar anymore I get the B&J a few times a year.

Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garcia for the next week or so around here after dinner, those were my two original favorites of theirs. S'mores was pretty good, tried that last year.

• Like 5

I cleaned my coffee maker this AM... That's about it.

I was productive yesterday.  I cut weeds vacuumed, and cooked dinner after getting back from the lake.

Today is my day off. 

Oh... saw a guy with one of the pedal powered kayaks... Ya ain't gonna cartop that thing. It's big. 2/3 as wide as my boat and half again as long. Prolly weighs more, too. I know my boat doesn't weigh much more than 125lb. It might go 150. It can't be too big. I can/could lift it off the ground.

The kayak owner sez "It can get into places"...

uh huh...   I have rowed my boat thru weeds/reeds 3ft tall [let's see you paddle or pedal a kayak thru them] with a foot of water under them. Bet my boat doesn't draw more than 4 inches of water with me in it. And when the [water] weeds turn into mats on the surface.... I just skip the boat across.

you can see that I'm inching toward slinging it onto the car...

• Like 3

Just now, dtel said:

I would walk out .

That's funny. Several years ago, I took my parents for breakfast, though the offerings were a little different then.  My Mom looked at the menu and said " don't they have any oatmeal"?  No, they didn't, so we left for a nice normal breakfast house nearby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

That's funny. Several years ago, I took my parents for breakfast, though the offerings were a little different then.  My Mom looked at the menu and said " don't they have any oatmeal"?  No, they didn't, so we left for a nice normal breakfast house nearby.

The whole menu is a keeper to me.  Many great offerings.

• Like 4

Geek squad coming over tomorrow to install a sound bar for the TV and sync everything up.  Second Zero Gravity chair finally arrived and me and LF did the assembly.  Trying to install a turn table shelf inside the Salamander cabinet as we speak.

Monday the flag ship Primaluna integrated amp arrives.  Will drag the Spatial M3 Turbo S speakers from my house.  Hook it up to the

tubed Jolida CDP and the Rega Planar 3 with Hanah MC cartridge run through a Parasound phono pre and check out the acoustics.

Last two items to complete is an oriental rug and floor lamp.  May hang a couple of guitars on one wall.

Enjoying some Famous Grouse Scotch..........

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

agree with Chuck ... I saw several items that I'd order. 

Yeah, same here.  But I like dark chocolate, licorice, sauerkraut, corned beef hash, smoked salmon, duck, baked beans spam spam and spam (without the spam).

• Like 3