Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Wife went to the grocery after her Dr appt. The place was cleaned out. We just needed some potatoes and cabbage and a bag of flour. Weren't none. We can probably get it at the store, here. I hope.

with all the chaos...

... it sure is nice to sink into some good music and make it all go away...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

OK,  where are my senility pills?  Would someone please point me to the thread that had the excellent 1953 High-Fidelity attachment.

Found it.  Not an attachment, but a link.  Very interesting ads and articles.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:12 PM, dirtmudd said:

I always ask her... Who is uglier than me..

she replied NO-ONE

gotta love your kids.  I went into my daughter's room once and saw a poster of Allen Iverson. I asked her about it and she said that she put it up because she knew it would get a reaction out of me.

• Like 1

03/17/20   Just a heads up for all you geeks.  Do YOUR research cause I don't even know who this guys is!  hahaha  BUT there is a FREE John Legend live stream CONCERT this afternoon on Instagram.  It IS supposedly a NEW show.  Punch it in/live stream it and enjoy!  I'll prolly be listening to "Dead Skunk In the Middle of the Road" or something else!  😂

• Like 1

Cribbage, anyone?

I didn't sleep good. Up at 3, until 6. Fixed breakfast and went  [back] to bed.

Still need potatoes and cabbage to accompany the corned beef. A bag of flour, too. Making our own bread, we go thru some. A #20 bag would not be an unreasonable purchase. I bet we can get that from Mexico [they have toilet paper, too]. As long as the border is open ....

24 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Cribbage, anyone?

I didn't sleep good. Up at 3, until 6. Fixed breakfast and went  [back] to bed.

Still need potatoes and cabbage to accompany the corned beef. A bag of flour, too. Making our own bread, we go thru some. A #20 bag would not be an unreasonable purchase. I bet we can get that from Mexico [they have toilet paper, too]. As long as the border is open ....

I thought we were persona non grata south of the border or was that just a rumor? 

• Like 1

not to my knowledge.

... aside from that, we don't need to fetch it. We have people that commute the border daily.We get our tortillas and tamales from there.

historically, this area was Mexico until the GadsdenPurchase.

wife being home kinks my "style"/routine. The house is quiet. I normally do my housekeeping in the AM, while it's too cool to work outdoors. I need music to do housework....

kinda acting like Spring. Get one or two nice days, then clouds and [a chance for] rain. Next weather is sposed to be colder. Snow to 5000ft. It can happen. It puked white stuff mid-April, a few years back. I had some choice words .....

• Like 2

wife is concerned about the hourly workers at the school being able to survive the shutdown. Told her that there are lots of things that [don't really] need be done and can be said done. We see the govt doing it all the time. 6 guys watching/supervising the one with the shovel....

the admin bs is gonna be a nightmare with scheduled "events".  Testing and that kind of thing. AZ is increasingly relying on computers and tech. And computers don't understand covid19. It will still want input of required items on schedule.

this spring break may last until school is [scheduled to] let out in May. Quite possible. I can see it extending beyond the 2 weeks they did initially.

• Like 1

rumor out there that Uncle Sam is wanting to send all adult Americans a check.  some have said it could be $1000 each. 

saw a quote from the treasury secretary and he said that Trump told him that he wants this done now.

$1000 beats a kick in the teeth.

hope it's true.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

rumor out there that Uncle Sam is wanting to send all adult Americans a check.  some have said it could be $1000 each. 

saw a quote from the treasury secretary and he said that Trump told him that he wants this done now.

$1000 beats a kick in the teeth.

hope it's true.

Klipschorn Fund, Habanos, or Extra Vacation?

• Like 3