Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I hacked a bunch of weeds down... took a nap... Wife is binge watching Outlander. I'm sitting to the doghouse ... licking my wounds

... and medicate.

Listening to TonyBennet/LadyGaga... Good music. A little heavy on the bass in the mix...  My dad subjected us to many many big band concerts in the park. He played bass in the band.

I'm gonna brag on him for a second. He played, as a side man, for that guy with the clarinet.... KennyG.... close but no... BennyG      oodman, when they played in Elkhart.

• Like 1

Bought the grandson a 1/32 slot car set, 42 feet of track. Two 4x8 sheets on top the unused pool table, painted tan over green base like a road course, came out nice. All this came together since Tuesday - ordered set, delivered yesterday, table prepared and ready. Now - I wonder if it’s prudent to have the little bugger come spend the nite/day? I just heard KC and the biggest surrounding 4 counties will issue a mandatory lockdown beginning a Tuesday, essential travel only.  

• Like 5

Holy cats!!!  Slot cars????  Or have they gone r/c?

I [still] have my Aurora HO cars and track. It's 50years+ old now....I have tossed around the same idea of setting it up.  I got a Jag XKE and a split widow 'Vette with the set originally.

....lot of folks having to do Sunday services at home.

I hear "the Church of Arivaca Lake" calling me. I've been working too hard and need a bit of down time. Come to think... I didn't get out this week. It was cold/wet...

I don't know what wife is thinking. She says they are sposed to show for work tomorrow.... I asked, "And do what?" The school is closed for [at least] 3 more weeks. I know there will be a pile of admin stuff. But, she is saying, "Well, we can do lesson plans".... "Honey, You have 3 weeks before you might see kids"...

they're gonna have to get creative with the time.... if they are required to be there the whole time [regular hours].

LaGuitana [the bar] has not closed. You can get package liquor and food, carry out only... Haven't looked... but, I bet the park sees the "social drinkers"...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, richieb said:

Bought the grandson a 1/32 slot car set, 42 feet of track. Two 4x8 sheets on top the unused pool table, painted tan over green base like a road course, came out nice. All this came together since Tuesday - ordered set, delivered yesterday, table prepared and ready. Now - I wonder if it’s prudent to have the little bugger come spend the nite/day? I just heard KC and the biggest surrounding 4 counties will issue a mandatory lockdown beginning a Tuesday, essential travel only.  

You never built me one of those when I was your grandson😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

found weed growing in the weeds... volunteers... I know where it/they came from. How they got where they are  ????. Must have been from floor sweepings.

they always seem to do really well ..... and come up in the least best places.

I guess that would be one of Murphy's rules of nature.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I love you grandpa......now can I have the damned thing?

Too late for gratuitous platitudes. I have one you can visit, if approved by the Grandson. Don’t be upset if you don’t meet his standards - he can tell if you are full of shitt —💩

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, richieb said:

Too late for gratuitous platitudes. I have one you can visit, if approved by the Grandson. Don’t be upset if you don’t meet his standards - he can tell if you are full of shitt —💩

Guess that means he has called you out already?

• Haha 2

Since my wife and I both work with folks with disabilities and often compromised immune systems, we are not attending church, we've been watching the live stream service from the diocese.

I realized that by watching online I can fall asleep in the comfort of my own home instead of sitting in a pew and falling over... embarrassing everyone.

😴

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

. . .  I can fall asleep in the comfort of my own home instead of sitting in a pew and falling over... embarrassing everyone.

😴

It’s a gift being able to fall asleep while sitting.  At least that’s what I tell my wife when I nod off at family gatherings.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1