Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
1 hour ago, dtel said:

I'm not use to a martini breakfast.

Wake n bake is another subject

Never cared for it in the am, don't know why just didn't, coffee first and wake up for a few hours before even get moving. When on a ship it's always a couple Bloody Mary's before heading to breakfast, love the olives with the tomato juice and hot sauce.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Get baked as soon as you get up.

One time my Uncle told me about another Uncle who kept a bottle of whisky next to his bed and did a double-shot every morning before his feet hit the ground. 

That sounded so cool, so that day i went and bought a bottle of jack daniels and put it by my bed. Took a double-shot the next morning and that ended the experiment. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, babadono said:

Woke up this morning and got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Don't sing that song anymore?

Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, all night long

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reserve the "bake" until I'm had my customary 4 cups of coffee.

now...

back when I was a kid, it was good fun to "shotgun" a friend awake. Baked before waking

How's everyone today?

Don't know what flavor coffee I'm drinking this AM ... sure is good. I know its the "same ol', same ol".... just tastes better today.

Wife's brought home another bag of Kona. Her secretary got a care package from HI...I keep asking for a chunk of ahi...There was a time when I was actually tired of eating it. TBH I like the big aku [skipjack tuna] better.

Someone [ @JohnJ ?] was asking who sees the sunrise? I do.  I can't remember the last time I wasn't up an hour or two prior. Just my nature. Always have been an early riser. By the time it gets light enough to see, I am ready to do something.

too quiet. See how long it takes spot to load. Only getting 1 bar at the doghouse.  I need to build another "shed" out here... One with water.... and a toilet. Then, I can make coffee and have a place to put it when I'm done... That didn't take long to load up. We have music.

no plans for today. Last day of school for wife. I think she has an "in service" day Tues... When they would normally clean up end of the year stuff. We will both be glad she is "on vacation". This working from home really cramps my time to do housework.  I try to be quiet while she is "working"...  I spend a lot of time in the yard or doghouse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I reserve the "bake" until I'm had my customary 4 cups of coffee.

now...

back when I was a kid, it was good fun to "shotgun" a friend awake. Baked before waking

How's everyone today?

Don't know what flavor coffee I'm drinking this AM ... sure is good. I know its the "same ol', same ol".... just tastes better today.

Wife's brought home another bag of Kona. Her secretary got a care package from HI...I keep asking for a chunk of ahi...There was a time when I was actually tired of eating it. TBH I like the big aku [skipjack tuna] better.

Someone [ @JohnJ ?] was asking who sees the sunrise? I do.  I can't remember the last time I wasn't up an hour or two prior. Just my nature. Always have been an early riser. By the time it gets light enough to see, I am ready to do something.

too quiet. See how long it takes spot to load. Only getting 1 bar at the doghouse.  I need to build another "shed" out here... One with water.... and a toilet. Then, I can make coffee and have a place to put it when I'm done... That didn't take long to load up. We have music.

no plans for today. Last day of school for wife. I think she has an "in service" day Tues... When they would normally clean up end of the year stuff. We will both be glad she is "on vacation". This working from home really cramps my time to do housework.  I try to be quiet while she is "working"...  I spend a lot of time in the yard or doghouse.

Yep and we haven't had the right kind of clouds to light up with color in over a week now.

It was you talking about Nicaraguan coffee beans several times a while back wasn't it?

Had it before and it was meh but filled the hopper of my grinder with some this morning and it is nice. Now I don't talk about chocolate or pear hints of flavor in coffee all hoity toity.... but this is just real good for breakfast! 

Left home before six for decades so I used to be a morning person, now I have to have an alarm to get up at 5:30 after going to bed at 11 or later.

Tuna steak grilled is one of my all time favorites, best I've had was a restaurant in Ft Lauderdale the Sat. night before Andrew hit. Think I got a double portion too, with a mango chutney stuff that was killer! The staff there were very nervous that night. Heck we left the next morning and it took almost ten hours just to take I-95 to GA because of the constant rain, wind and BAD traffic already there. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dtel said:

Bloody Mary's before heading to breakfast, love the olives with the tomato juice and hot sauce.

Brother in law used pickled okra in his (a little cut in the okra to hang on the side of the glass). Those were really good.

• Like 1