Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:
1 hour ago, dtel said:

I'm not use to a martini breakfast.

Wake n bake is another subject

Never cared for it in the am, don't know why just didn't, coffee first and wake up for a few hours before even get moving. When on a ship it's always a couple Bloody Mary's before heading to breakfast, love the olives with the tomato juice and hot sauce.

 

.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wake means smoke, thought you were an old partier.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtel said:

Wake means smoke, thought you were an old partier.

And with some lumbo or sense around 6am waitin' for the school bus you'll bake a couple of brain cells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dtel said:

Wake means smoke, thought you were an old partier.

guess we talk differently in LA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i don’t know what “wake n’ bake” means.

Get baked as soon as you get up.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Get baked as soon as you get up.

One time my Uncle told me about another Uncle who kept a bottle of whisky next to his bed and did a double-shot every morning before his feet hit the ground. 

That sounded so cool, so that day i went and bought a bottle of jack daniels and put it by my bed. Took a double-shot the next morning and that ended the experiment. 

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Wake n bake is another subject

Woke up this morning and got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Don't sing that song anymore?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, babadono said:

Woke up this morning and got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Don't sing that song anymore?

Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, baby, roll
Let it roll, all night long

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, babadono said:

Woke up this morning and got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Don't sing that song anymore?

The real lyric is beard, not beer,  But you knew that.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reserve the "bake" until I'm had my customary 4 cups of coffee.

now...

back when I was a kid, it was good fun to "shotgun" a friend awake. Baked before waking

 

How's everyone today?

 Don't know what flavor coffee I'm drinking this AM ... sure is good. I know its the "same ol', same ol".... just tastes better today.

Wife's brought home another bag of Kona. Her secretary got a care package from HI...I keep asking for a chunk of ahi...There was a time when I was actually tired of eating it. TBH I like the big aku [skipjack tuna] better.

 

Someone [ @JohnJ ?] was asking who sees the sunrise? I do.  I can't remember the last time I wasn't up an hour or two prior. Just my nature. Always have been an early riser. By the time it gets light enough to see, I am ready to do something.

 

too quiet. See how long it takes spot to load. Only getting 1 bar at the doghouse.  I need to build another "shed" out here... One with water.... and a toilet. Then, I can make coffee and have a place to put it when I'm done... That didn't take long to load up. We have music.

 

no plans for today. Last day of school for wife. I think she has an "in service" day Tues... When they would normally clean up end of the year stuff. We will both be glad she is "on vacation". This working from home really cramps my time to do housework.  I try to be quiet while she is "working"...  I spend a lot of time in the yard or doghouse.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

guess we talk differently in LA.

 

what did you call it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh

was asking wife if everyone at the school got as much food as us?

More ...The families each got two boxes. One was full of meat. Very cool

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

 

what did you call it?

Tore up from the floor up.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I reserve the "bake" until I'm had my customary 4 cups of coffee.

now...

back when I was a kid, it was good fun to "shotgun" a friend awake. Baked before waking

 

How's everyone today?

 Don't know what flavor coffee I'm drinking this AM ... sure is good. I know its the "same ol', same ol".... just tastes better today.

Wife's brought home another bag of Kona. Her secretary got a care package from HI...I keep asking for a chunk of ahi...There was a time when I was actually tired of eating it. TBH I like the big aku [skipjack tuna] better.

 

Someone [ @JohnJ ?] was asking who sees the sunrise? I do.  I can't remember the last time I wasn't up an hour or two prior. Just my nature. Always have been an early riser. By the time it gets light enough to see, I am ready to do something.

 

too quiet. See how long it takes spot to load. Only getting 1 bar at the doghouse.  I need to build another "shed" out here... One with water.... and a toilet. Then, I can make coffee and have a place to put it when I'm done... That didn't take long to load up. We have music.

 

no plans for today. Last day of school for wife. I think she has an "in service" day Tues... When they would normally clean up end of the year stuff. We will both be glad she is "on vacation". This working from home really cramps my time to do housework.  I try to be quiet while she is "working"...  I spend a lot of time in the yard or doghouse.

 

 

Yep and we haven't had the right kind of clouds to light up with color in over a week now.

 

It was you talking about Nicaraguan coffee beans several times a while back wasn't it?

Had it before and it was meh but filled the hopper of my grinder with some this morning and it is nice. Now I don't talk about chocolate or pear hints of flavor in coffee all hoity toity.... but this is just real good for breakfast! 

 

Left home before six for decades so I used to be a morning person, now I have to have an alarm to get up at 5:30 after going to bed at 11 or later.

Tuna steak grilled is one of my all time favorites, best I've had was a restaurant in Ft Lauderdale the Sat. night before Andrew hit. Think I got a double portion too, with a mango chutney stuff that was killer! The staff there were very nervous that night. Heck we left the next morning and it took almost ten hours just to take I-95 to GA because of the constant rain, wind and BAD traffic already there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dtel said:

Bloody Mary's before heading to breakfast, love the olives with the tomato juice and hot sauce.

 

Brother in law used pickled okra in his (a little cut in the okra to hang on the side of the glass). Those were really good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i don’t know what “wake n’ bake” means.

 

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

guess we talk differently in LA.

 

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

 

what did you call it?


Just another day -

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bunch of stoners:)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, babadono said:

What a bunch of stoners:)

Huh?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 6:48 PM, RANDYH said:

I’m not %100 sure he is Master of his Domain —

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...