Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

A lot of that going around.  Just try to quit worrying about the supposed "bogeyman."

But there on all sides, OK I don't worry, nothing I can do anyway that I'm not doing already.

Sorry but I can't dig these up it would leave big muddy patches at almost the whole 150' of curb... it coming from "over there" 

& that creeping fescue will fill in the empty spots in a couple of months

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Clover is a nitrogen fixer.  That's a good thing.  The golf course lawn ethos is evil, maybe even more so than golf itself...

Yes, when they can farmers plant clover between crops then till them in before planting, great for the soil.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm staying out of the AO/Round-up discussion.   Except to say that when they were spraying that stuff all over Mexico and Columbia, they created marijuana that was resistant to it... Oops. Same phenomena may be why it doesn't work as well as it used to IDK.

Maybe that's where all my troubles came from.. since I've consumed so much from Colombia since the late 70s

bang.gif

• Haha 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ah yes.  Salt the earth.  Excellent punishment.

Most plants like a little salt, but not that much.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Wasn't worried about you.

Good, I gave up worrying, it's not good for you, stress is as bad for you or worse as most of the other bad things.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:
10 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm staying out of the AO/Round-up discussion.   Except to say that when they were spraying that stuff all over Mexico and Columbia, they created marijuana that was resistant to it... Oops. Same phenomena may be why it doesn't work as well as it used to IDK.

Maybe that's where all my troubles came from.. since I've consumed so much from Colombia since the late 70s

Much of it was smoked and people had no clue what was in it, but you never really do. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'm staying out of the AO/Round-up discussion.   Except to say that when they were spraying that stuff all over Mexico and Columbia, they created marijuana that was resistant to it... Oops. Same phenomena may be why it doesn't work as well as it used to IDK

well since I was a very heavy smoker in the paraquat era, it's no wonder that my lungs are thrashed. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

"How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb…."

It's a big game, either play or stand on the side and ignore it.

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

John,

we , both, might be in the same boat.

Now I have an excuse for being the way I am...

that is about the time I started "gardening"

Oh now your stretching it , but if you can pull it off I claim the same thing for the way I am.

My thing is I have a permanent case of I don't give a poop anymore, let me do what I want and enjoy it without bothering me and I will finish out my time without causing to much trouble.

That's the plan anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

My thing is I have a permanent case of I don't give a poop anymore, let me do what I want and enjoy it without bothering me and I will finish out my time without causing to much trouble.

I know you don't give a poop; but you should have used to word "too" instead of "to."   Hope I'm not bothering you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2