Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

45 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Speaking of food and drink. Thread tie in. 👍  One of the coolest things I've seen in a while.  Chillin on the couch,  soaring through the air, having a snack.  A bit of wind noise, skip ahead to about 1:20 for the take off.

I'm sure that I've fallen off the couch before, so I think I'd want some seat belts. 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, dtel said:

Those crazy Turkeys, if he can't even figure out if you can not hear anything he says what else has he not thought about. Like maby a parachute just in case his contraption falls apart in the air. 

I'm only speculating mind you, but I doubt that pack next to him is filled with snacks.  Could be shute in there for a just in case.  Best couch landing I've ever seen.😀

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I'm only speculating mind you, but I doubt that pack next to him is filled with snacks.  Could be shute in there for a just in case.  Best couch landing I've ever seen.😀

I was thinking about that pack also, probably is if he is smart. But I wouldn't just rest my arm on it I would have that sucker on, it only takes a second to loose track of it.

Your right great landing, I watched the end just to see, couldn't have gone better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

True, got my own card not long ago, the wife got tired of me saying, hey come pay for this.

Not true, do something dumb, we will laugh at you.

"I'll be Sad"  well we do not really do that very well around here, bunch of old hard azzes, well Oldtimer anyway. :lol:

If we talk with you we like you, we even like Steve. :huh::lol:

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now. Not sure if it's you folks or Mabel.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

The first stick shift that I ever drove was a Mack truck

sounds like me... My first stick was a Freightliner.  My other manual experience didn't help much... it was a motorcycle.

Wife must be feeling better/normal. I swear she's trying to make me crazy. I won't go into details, but things have been on the chaotic side around here. 

What did I do today?

Emptied and bleached the hillbilly hot-tub. Was sporting a  coating of algae and feeling a little slimy.  I empty it out every other day. The fresh fill water was hardly refreshing. Pretty near make tea in the "cold" tapwater.

The weather forecast looks optimistic.  Chance of rain all across the extended ... after today.  Sunny, dry and warm... again today.. I saw projected temps under 100` next week.

A gopher hole popped up in the yard.  Eight legged gopher. Tarantula den. Looks like a good sized occupant, judging by the size of the hole.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

A gopher hole popped up in the yard.  Eight legged gopher. Tarantula den. Looks like a good sized occupant, judging by the size of the hole.

This would be me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Shades of Caddyshack

my mom was afraid of spiders. She got over it. There were a couple, don't know if they were the same ones all the time, that would hang at the sliding door. She looked forward to seeing them.

We just shoo them out, when they come in... more like herd them. They don't move fast, until they have to. The young ones skitter around and will run halfway across the room. The adults are like cows. They just plod along.

compared to most of our critters, tarantulas are nice. They aren't aggressive or have a highly venomous bite. We like them.

Wife is going to the school today. I have the house to myself... wow! I'll kill myself trying to get things done w/o people under foot or undoing it as fast as I get "it" done.  Wife will be out at a reasonable time... 9AM, earlier would be better, but.  Knowing she will be out, I can get a jump on some of the housework.

in my working days, most of my work was invisible. Machines magically all ran, every time you turned 'em on... the place was always clean .... and you NEVER saw me working ... in public view. That still applies. Worse part of being a maintenance mechanic..... the better you are, the less it appears you do. Everything is working and Bill is sitting in the shop with his feet on the desk. They would periodically get rid of me.... 6 months later, I would get a phone call. Things are blowing up... can you come up and help us out? I was a necessary evil.

Mind you, I always got greasy, as a mechanic... even if I wasn't doing something. It looked like I was busy... or had been. Smear a little, first thing. Kept me from being volunteered to to things ... Oh, looks like Bill is busy.

saw a River Toad in the yard last night. They have protective ooze that some people dry and smoke...DMT... Wouldn't recommend it. The natives didn't do it... there had to be a reason. Jimsonweed [Sacred Datura] was used by them... as a gauge .

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

my mom was afraid of spiders.

Smart lady.

compared to most of our critters, tarantulas are nice.

Offspring, well what can I say.

They have protective ooze that some people dry and smoke...DMT..

Yes, the real "take a trip without leaving the farm chemical"

Is that the ones they lick ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

World's Greatest Athlete?  I admit, I watched this broadcast and laughed when they put his name above Bill Russell and other athletes. 

Excerpt from USA Today:

Joey Chestnut made history on Saturday, digesting a world-record 75 hot dogs in 10 minutes to further cement his legacy as the greatest competitive eater of all-time. His dominant Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest victory this year saw him beat out his foes by a 33-hot-dog-and-bun margin. 

Chestnut's 13th Mustard Yellow Belt prompted ESPN to show the 36-year-old's feat side-by-side with other athletes who have won the same competition or title over the course of their careers. That list included Rafael Nadal's 12 French Open titles and Bill Russell's 11 NBA championship rings. One CBS Sports tweet showed a photo of Michael Jordan and Tom Brady's combined 12 championships being outdone by Chestnut's 13 hot dog titles.

Yes, a man who gobbles down hot dogs at an annual event is being mentioned in the same stratosphere as arguably the greatest basketball and football players of all-time.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

World's Greatest Athlete?  I admit, I watched this broadcast and laughed when they put his name above Bill Russell and other athletes. 

Excerpt from USA Today:

Joey Chestnut made history on Saturday, digesting a world-record 75 hot dogs in 10 minutes to further cement his legacy as the greatest competitive eater of all-time. His dominant Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest victory this year saw him beat out his foes by a 33-hot-dog-and-bun margin. 

Chestnut's 13th Mustard Yellow Belt prompted ESPN to show the 36-year-old's feat side-by-side with other athletes who have won the same competition or title over the course of their careers. That list included Rafael Nadal's 12 French Open titles and Bill Russell's 11 NBA championship rings. One CBS Sports tweet showed a photo of Michael Jordan and Tom Brady's combined 12 championships being outdone by Chestnut's 13 hot dog titles.

Yes, a man who gobbles down hot dogs at an annual event is being mentioned in the same stratosphere as arguably the greatest basketball and football players of all-time.

No doubt he comes closest to the accepted term of “GOAT”. Man has a cast iron stomach for sure. At least he’s not being accused of deflating the wieners he’s gobbling down —  🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭🌭

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

What makes one sport better than another?  We're just talking about domination of one person over others that do the same thing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

What makes one sport better than another?  We're just talking about domination of one person over others that do the same thing.

Yur pulling my leg right? Eating is a sport? Not in my book, sorry. I must be a racist or some other adjective that has NO meaning anymore.

• Haha 2