Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Glad you folks all survived those falls, before that vertigo struck me a year or so ago I had excellent balance. We tied a 24 on top of a 36 footer that we put in a 40 foot lift box at Downtown Disney twenty five years ago or so. Only way to reach an extremely high (compared to the rest) facade on a hotel there. That same lift broke down later in the week and left me stranded in the air for half a day, Glad I had my cell phone, my gallon of tea and that six-pack bladder I've always had!

Grilled a package of brats last night. Don't know what I was thinking but when I bought them and stuck`em in the freezer I forgot to separate it into two packages. See the warehouse sized Johnsonville's come with a dozen in them, and I don't eat like a fifteen year old anymore. Had two last night and a Sam Adams.... when did their regular turn into dark? Used to love the flavor bought some last year but it was their light then the Octoberfest with the extra hops in it, they were the same. Had a brat for brunch with red bell pepper and held the kraut! My neighbor is going to take four or so from me in a little while so they don't go to waste. Had another watching my Hurricanes win the first of a best of five without two of their best defenders on the team, one who is also one of our best scorers!

Three days in a row eating good brats I can deal with, but four... nay nay I'll need anything else. Next time they're on sale I got to make sure I split it up!

Warehouse shopping for one is an art!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I've never fallen off a ladder and yet I have four herniated disks  ... two in my neck and two in my back.  the ones in the neck are particularly painful. 

Steve , are you planning on getting  medical  help , to surgically operate on these hernias or are you giving it time to heal

18 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Steve , are you planning on getting  medical  help , to surgically operate on these hernias or are you giving it time to heal

Steve asked me to watch the procedure on youtube a few times and he will let me fix it.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

No surgery ever (if I have my way).  pain is an everyday thing for me, but one gets used to it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The mind is a powerful thing when honed with the will of it's owner @BigStewMan  Hope that pain could at least lessen for you.

K-stones earlier this week were a pain, and I just pushed through with some aspirin and flooded myself with water. Could not imagine it wasn't there, just numbed it a little. Sure folks driving by wondered about the looks on my face and how funny I was moving around.

Being Saturday now and it started early Monday with the red pi^%, I recognize now I must have tweaked my back de-jungle-ing the yard some.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, grasshopper said:

..if Carl is OK... somehow that makes me feel more "normal"...

I would say he's OK,  but normal might be a stretch,  I'm not qualified to judge normal, BUT I have never owned a sarong so there's that.

• Haha 2

On 7/31/2020 at 3:31 PM, CECAA850 said:

Yes, a broken back hurts, LOL.  I drove myself home from church but before I could make it all the way I had to have my son turn the steering wheel for me as I couldn't lift my arms.  Getting on and off the x-ray table was a beaatch even with pain meds.  X-ray tech asked "have you broken your back in the past"?  Nope.  "Well you have now".  They drilled 2 holes in the vertebrae, inserted surgical balloons and inflated them to expand it somewhat back into shape then filled it with cement.  It's similar to what they do for osteoporosis.   I was jogging after 2 weeks and playing soccer again in 8 weeks.

It’s great to hear that you made a good recovery.  Sometimes we get lucky, or we’re having a blessed day, or both.  It sounds like you’re smart enough to avoid depending on those two factors in future.

9 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

are you serious 121 degrees -----that's 50 celcius -----who needs an oven right

On the news, it was mentioned that southern California is expecting 50C temps this weekend.  That’s a temperature number I’ve never seen or heard of in a weather report, except maybe for Death Valley.  The new normal?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I would say he's OK,  but normal might be a stretch,  I'm not qualified to judge normal, BUT I have never owned a sarong so there's that.

I don't consider myself "normal"... never have

@Islander

I have a friend, known for stretching the truth, that lived in Havasu City... Claimed that those are normal temps. I dinna believe him until I went there. See my description of being there....

Palm Springs and Indio are quite warm, too.  That they can grow dates says something..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Islander said:

On the news, it was mentioned that southern California is expecting 50C temps this weekend.  That’s a temperature number I’ve never seen or heard of in a weather report, except maybe for Death Valley.  The new normal?

let's just hope that this extreme heat can kill off   some of the Wuhan virus ---these wheather conditions may be a Godsend -

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I think we are gonna find out.  See how it likes hot and dry

---------------

scratch that.

it doesn't seem to care

let's hope you're completely wrong  - I  would hate  for you to have to  move to Alaska

• Like 1