Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just now, oldtimer said:

I'll have a look around here.  I could have sworn I've seen them here but it may have been awhile.

You're like my real brother, as much as we've butted heads around here and you offer this kind of a lifeline!!!

Thank You Brian!

18 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

Smells like victory.  The complaints were the reason they flirted with coming here.  Since I also make a certain style, albeit no sugar like them, I think I can handle it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

This Rooster place is the best Mexican food that I've ever had. If you're ever in SoCal -- it's worth a stop. 

https://www.gallogiro.com/about.html

Reminds me of this place in San Juan, PR.  The place is right next store to the cock fighting building.  We always joked let's go out for some loser chicken.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Reminds me of this place in San Juan, PR.  The place is right next store to the cock fighting building.  We always joked let's go out for some loser chicken.

the place in Santa Ana is always packed ... day or night. my first time there alone, I was hoping that I'd get a number one thru 10 (since that is as high as I can count in Spanish).  I end up with 267 or something. So, the first number they called (in Spanish), I walked up and handed the gal my ticket. She laughed and shook her head no.  Then when my order was ready, she just pointed at me.  Works every time. 

The chef would take this huge hunk of meat and had a cleaver in each hand, he's do a drum roll and cut it up -- then he'd drop a huge, made onsite, flour tortilla on top of the pile of meat and scoop up two large handfuls -- that's the amount that went into your burrito.  They were shorthanded one day at lunch, and the cook kept looking up at me and apologizing for the wait.  I kept telling him that it's cool take his time. When I got my burrito, it was the hugest thing ever ... my buddy, that grew up in that neighborhood, told me that the chef was rewarding me because I patient and polite and not griping like others do. 

They had the best Birria there. 

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

I love that stuff, I use it to marinate pork loin with, along with granulated garlic and onion. Covered with Sriracha and put back in the fridge for 2-3 days then smoked. 

• Like 2

Used to be a place down here... Chicken Taco.

Place was a dive. Had a big fiberglass chicken on the roof. A place no tourist would ever stop at. If they did stop, they didn't stay. Picnic tables and lawn furniture in the "dining room". .. A rubber chicken hanging from a beam in the ceiling.  The waiter was sloooooow and always brought the wrong beer. 

Their chimichungas and tostadas ... made all of it worth the while.. even the water that ran thru the dining room, when it rained.

One chimichunga would feed two men.

Was relating to restaurants and chicken

• Like 3
  • Haha 1