Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

you can get good sound from them.

Yea I knew that bud. Just no comparison to lettin' those puppies breathe!

One of the folks that actually measured the sound waves when modifying speakers and subs told me once I would not get the entire wavelength of the sound in the bedroom.

Now that the piano is gone and there is room in the LR it's just a good match in there. He was correct, it's been three years or more and I'm impressed with the rig once more!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

@Tarheel

How would one go about hooking a sub to an amp w/o a sub out?  This H/K has "jumpers" connecting the pre amp and and amp [I presume that's what they do] or is there a dongle that knocks the voltage down, and use the B speaker outs?

Shoot me a pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just mixed and downed two tea glasses of Gatorade... thinking rum would be good in the original anti-freeze flavor!!

Pressure washed the shed, the "wrought iron" table and chairs, the buddha lantern that was green, all the stepping stones and the back patio.

With all the rain the last two years it looked like a decade since I last did it but it was only half that long.

• Like 4

Yea, I actually looked at my deck and patio today thinking about power washing it.  Was a nice thought but I started a new book.  Maybe Wednesday since I'm hanging a new light in here tomorrow.  Who knows actually since I seem to be "over-thinking" this turntable & cartridge.  $650, $1250 or $1500?  IF I could only hear...  Also cheap and could pick up a "better" one later.  Then I'm also clueless on what it's gonna cost me for parts, which I KNOW I need since it's been 40 years.  Have to call him Tuesday then figure out when I can make two 6-hour round trip runs to drop off and pick it up.  Lawdy, I'm soooo screwed this week.  There's always next week though!  hahahaha!  Could be the week after since I could be broke from this week.  Oh wait, I think that's the week the dudes are coming to clean all the ductwork.  Wait, let me check my calender.  Yep, broke the following week then.  Oh yea, do I need to buy a sub too while I'm spending money?   😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sub? you say??

Don't mess around. With your La Scalas which I would have a pair now if not for the twisting, turning two foot wide stairs going down thirty feet from that living room. You need folded horn subs to match the timbre if your ears are like mine!

Won't find better than these right now!

Coffee is gone and I've enjoyed being dry the last few hours since I got up. But got to get back at it, I'd bet there is two more days at my current state of abilities to go. Tomorrow have to do some legal stuff then back at it 

• Like 2

great deal on 'em... to bad I'm not up to a cross country drive

the 1/4 pie kinda struck my fancy.

squeezing a horn sub in this room could present its own set of challenges.   Room is 12 X 25 with a traffic pattern running the length of the room. The LaScalas are noisy tables to my wife [how shallow], but they are in the room.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Then I'm also clueless on what it's gonna cost me for parts, which I KNOW I need since it's been 40 years

sad but true... I put a fresh belt on my tt and called it good,. It's 40 years+ old. It got a fresh cartridge before I went to HI. Left my stereo in HI and my old Kenwood [KA-3500], I left here, was stolen while I was in HI. So, the tt didn't get much thought until I bought this "new" equipment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may become a teacher's aid at the school. The other teacher died of a heart attack early this AM. She was relatively young - mid /late 50's..I'm still digesting that and worried about the stress on my wife.

told wife I will have my melt down later... takes a while for this kind of stuff to settle in on me...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

@dtel I'm thinking you could be on to something!  The visual I'm having is pretty incredible.  Just finished hanging my new lite w/my buddy so into a lil Joe Walsh right now.  Thought I'd take a peek.  Best laff I've had in a LONG time.  Gives new meaning to "Just Say No!"  😂

• Haha 2

• Moderators

It's scary, I  could just see him siting there in his thong (not properly) and all the kids having a shocked look on there poor little faces, it would be enough to shock me. :o

There just not ready for that.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

sad but true... I put a fresh belt on my tt and called it good,. It's 40 years+ old. It got a fresh cartridge before I went to HI. Left my stereo in HI and my old Kenwood [KA-3500], I left here, was stolen while I was in HI. So, the tt didn't get much thought until I bought this "new" equipment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may become a teacher's aid at the school. The other teacher died of a heart attack early this AM. She was relatively young - mid /late 50's..I'm still digesting that and worried about the stress on my wife.

told wife I will have my melt down later... takes a while for this kind of stuff to settle in on me...

Sorry to hear about your wife's co-worker, that's not old enough. I think you would do well helping out in her school. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's scary, I  could just see him siting there in his thong (not properly) and all the kids having a shocked look on there poor little faces, it would be enough to shock me. :o

There just not ready for that.

I tried to put that thought out of my head, thanks for re-instating it 😀

• Haha 2

Ditto!  All 125# of him wrapped in that sarong, wearing sandals and throwin tarantula's out for the kittens to play with.  Those kids are in good hands alright!  Preach and teach @grasshopper!  Wait, where's my wifi.  Oh no here we go again w/the computer...  Yup kids I hope someday you can use what I'm teaching you.  Reminds me of a story about how I got two BIG Klipsch La Scala's in my wife's little car.  Would you believe we drove all the way to Indiana in order to bring them back here?  All that way home with an inch to spare on the inside of the car.  It's all about studying the problem and coming up with the right answer.  You can do it if I can!

You'd handle it well grasshopper!  Ya really would!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, JohnJ said:

IMG-20200815-232751.jpg

Got to tell y'all, was talking with someone here recently about how my new iteration of stereo did not have the wattage umph that my old 1990s Yamaha did.

I was wrong. 

The rig set up in a room better sized for it and I'm blown away tonight Santana's Supernatural to see if I needed to fine tune the sub again, after some Tull, and then my gold cd copy of DSOTM up on half is so much better in the open on two sides 14 X 13.5 room.

Didn't know my F3s could do this!!

Time for my shot of EC single barrel!

Off on a tangent------I like the rug. Is it wool?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1