Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, babadono said:
14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

t's a very short hop from not having to do anything to not having anything to do.

I really would love to give it a try.

Yes you would like it, and you will, after a little adjustment love it. 

There is ALWAYS stuff to be done, except for not having to leave here I am as busy as have ever been. The big difference is you can decide what your going to do each day, sometimes anyway.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2020 at 8:18 PM, BigStewMan said:

I seriously broke four ribs when I got ran over by a truck

well that can explain it ,    a truck  -----you're lucky to be in 1 piece ------Elden said it perfectly  ---------a small car can bust you up pretty  bad , a truck -------Holly God

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

curiosity in me wanted to see the truck.  I heard the paramedics at the hospital tell the doctor that I left my imprint in the grill of the truck. the initial impact didn't hurt at all ... it felt like someone ran up behind me and pushed me down -- Don't get me wrong, it was very powerful; but I wasn't thinking that I was hit by a vehicle. when I was lying in the street, it didn't hurt either. I stayed still to be cautious knowing that moving could cause more injury. Now, when the paramedics moved me -- then it hurt. 

Honk Kong , these guys drive on the wrong side of the road , one never expects a vehicle to come out  from the opposite direction , and it took a while to get accustomed to walking and worse driving with a steering wheel on the right side  , and  the fast lane is  on the left side -------

• Like 1

The gray isn't burning off today, usually by now I've got to close the curtains on the two big east facing windows this time of year.

Rain is back, no scraping or sanding now, got some stuff to catch on that's inside anyways.

Retired is strange, when you don't sleep good until after you turn the alarm off that you usually are awake before it happens. Then wake up late.... so what!

Made enough for two mugs!

IMG-20200821-095356.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dtel said:

Yes you would like it, and you will, after a little adjustment love it. 

There is ALWAYS stuff to be done, except for not having to leave here I am as busy as have ever been. The big difference is you can decide what your going to do each day, sometimes anyway.

Can't wait until I have 3 or 4 days a week left over after the "has to be done" stuff is done.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, dtel said:

Looks about half strength compared to what I am used to. Looks like tea. :o:P

Is your cup light colored on the inside? I know I detest the light roast flavor even if I know there is more caffeine available in it.

Like expresso only when I'm having it, dark roasts the same.

I use 1 tbsp of grinds for every 6 - 7 oz of water with medium roast. Very clean water (takes less tea, coffee and sweetener to work well in this) 205 degree water and take the brew basket off from above the pot soon I get some in me.

When I use the immersion method everything comes out darker. With the Bunn I had to get a different spray head that they actually gave me. All I had to do was call them and it makes the brew take a little longer!

• Like 3

This is news on the Crappy Coffee Machine at my work place....🍻

I put .60 cents in it this morning and got a .60 cents cup of plain coffee...Plain, just the way I like it.

About an hour later I put another .60 cents for another cup of this Fine "LOL" Stuff.

The darn thing said try another selection and started spitting out small coffee cups.

I pulled as many as I could from the darn thing and gave up. The motor that engages to dispense cups just kept running...

So this started at 4:00 am this morning, the motor was still running at 8:00 am.

• Haha 2

On 8/20/2020 at 4:22 AM, CECAA850 said:

My father always said that these weren't golden years they were the rusty ones.

Every year, a bit more rust and a few more dents.

On the bright side, now I have a stereo that younger me would have thought only a Bond villain could afford.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1