Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hello all, anybody else wash the car for the first time in a month and cut 1/4 acre of the too tall grass that you cut ten days ago?

No? Hope you had a nice cool day like we did here and lots to grill!   🥃

No cooking for me tonight clam chowder from a can and some saltines an hour ago. A shot of EC Barrel Proof over three cubes and some new vinyl to get into!

Just another day this year, I labored most every other Labor Day being in blue collar work always. Believe me this was a holiday compared to my previous life of servitude to that quarterly 1099 taxman!

I'd go for a second one tonight but have labs at nine tomorrow!   It's just now dusk here. 

IMG-20200907-195459.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Then you had to go back to work

It's good work if you can get it, it might take some practice. 

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Hope you had a nice cool day like we did here and lots to grill!   🥃

I wish, no grilling or smoking today, stuffed bell peppers and garlic mashed potatoes. Even cheated with that, peppers were stuffed a couple weeks ago, defrosted then baked for 40 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Should be an interesting read on the rain gauge tomorrow.  The skies opened up this afternoon and evening.  Hadn't rained in at least two or three weeks.  Cut loose.  Grands slipped this way for burgers and 15 minutes of jumping on bubble wrap.  Now if they could only learn to slide the screen on the french doors gently instead of knocking it completely off the track...  Yaaassss, E V E R Y time!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Made the grandson his end table, didn't ask how he wanted it except for height and size. I made it a little odd shaped, he wanted the shelf to hold his laptop and the top is for his phone.

It's a little curvy. :lol: 

house (10).jpeg

• Like 8

• Moderators

If it were legal here I would love to try growing that, but it's not and I have spent most of my live trying to avoid jail/prison.

It really is an unusual plant and how they manipulate how it grows and what it does. 

39 minutes ago, dtel said:

If it were legal here I would love to try growing that, but it's not and I have spent most of my live trying to avoid jail/prison.

It really is an unusual plant and how they manipulate how it grows and what it does. 

everything is manipulated

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dtel said:

Made the grandson his end table, didn't ask how he wanted it except for height and size. I made it a little odd shaped, he wanted the shelf to hold his laptop and the top is for his phone.

It's a little curvy. :lol: 

And the wood grain highlights that very well. Cool piece.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

And the wood grain highlights that very well. Cool piece.

Thank you, it's leftover wood from the bed frame.

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

@dtel on line class and classmates

Well you know how we are.

• Like 2

Shed demolished and hauled to the dump.  Discovered the pine tree cracked the slab I had planned on reusing.  A commercial leaf blower on wheels, a Honda push mower, and a weed eater all were damaged. Still picking threw the tools and waiting to hear from insurance😑  Thought about getting a prebuilt replacement but access via truck may rule that out so it looks like stick built or nothing.

IMG_0079.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Shed demolished and hauled to the dump.  Discovered the pine tree cracked the slab I had planned on reusing.  A commercial leaf blower on wheels, a Honda push mower, and a weed eater all were damaged. Still picking threw the tools and waiting to hear from insurance😑  Thought about getting a prebuilt replacement but access via truck may rule that out so it looks like stick built or nothing.

IMG_0079.JPG

I'm glad it wasn't your house and that you're all ok.  This is bad but just a minor inconvenience in the greater scheme of things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1