Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Going to a wedding this weekend in Lafayette, It's going to be rough on me but I know they will be eating well. I say rough because 5-6 people from Arkansas will be there also, the party might not end Saturday night ?

Boudin balls and some good sausage for sure, so I'm good.

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

wear a mask at least. no use pushing your luck. 

Except for 3 people I have been around all of them regularly, not that that really matters. The only place i have worn one was the doctor's office and Home Depot until HD stopped asking people to wear one.

Stupid, maby, don't care is closer, In a big crowd not a bad idea, besides that I lose interest.  

" As far as I know" the only health condition I have is being old and slower than in the past, well not counting a little cancer here and there. :emotion-21: I already am the longest lived male in my family, that was my goal. It's free time from here on, everyday is a new record.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, dtel said:

Stupid, maby, don't care is closer, I

Yep. 

On 10/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, dtel said:

00S0S_HAlAIGRGvX_06p06p_600x450.jpg

Your post above is political and I suggest you go by our country's CDC Guidelines instead of spouting your opinion against it--This ain't political as much as pointing out why we are  not getting ahead of the Covid-19 pandemic. Fwiw, the numbers are rising again here in Texas and I don't want the Government to close our business for two months like they did before. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, dtel said:

Stupid, maby, don't care is closer, In a big crowd not a bad idea, besides that I lose interest.

I think you're just being facetious as I know that you love your wife and thus, you're wearing the mask to protect her as well as yourself. 

BUT, if that isn't motivation enough ... I'll give you a shiny silver dollar if you wear one. I promise, if you hold it up to the light it will sparkle. 

• Like 1

Just a heads up in case some are interested:

Due to the ongoing pandemic, this year’s special Tom Petty Birthday Bash, honoring what would have been his 70th birthday, will be held virtually tomorrow (Friday, Oct 23) with 5 hours of performances, testimonials and tributes to Tom from friends and fans including Stevie Nicks, Chris Stapleton, Post Malone, Foo Fighters, The Killers, Norah Jones, The Raconteurs, Jason Isbell, a very special performance by Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench and many more.
SiriusXM’s Tom Petty Radio will kick things off tomorrow at 4:30p.m. ET with an audio broadcast. The Petty estate will then join forces with Amazon Music and livestream their concert event on Amazon Music’s Twitch Channel, Amazon Music’s mobile app, and TomPetty.com at 7:00p.m. ET. Be sure to tune-in! Can’t make it? Don’t worry, the festival will be re-airing all weekend long.
SiriusXM:
Saturday 10/24 12am, 10am, and 6pm et
Sunday 10/25 6am, 1pm, and 8pm et
Amazon Music:
Sunday 10/25 10am pt
Monday 10/26 10am pt
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Yep. 

Your post above is political and I suggest you go by our country's CDC Guidelines instead of spouting your opinion against it--This ain't political as much as pointing out why we are  not getting ahead of the Covid-19 pandemic. Fwiw, the numbers are rising again here in Texas and I don't want the Government to close our business for two months like they did before. 

the short attention span of humans strikes again.  I see in so many parts of the world that people are protesting restrictions and wearing masks.  I also read about covid fatigue -- people are just tired of taking precautions. I'm tired too; but not going to stop. Not that I care that much about my life; but I'd hate for my final days to be wrought with guilt because I infected my brother. spoiled, rebellious, confused -- I don't know; but humans sure are an enigma. 

my advice to all ... do what's best for those around you and those coming up in life behind you. 

But @dtel -- going to a wedding.  that's like showing up to watch someone walk into prison. (says the lonely single guy).

• Haha 4

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I wouldn't brag about that. 

I know

My opinion is just that, an opinion so I can spout it, I never suggested anyone else do it. What if i jump off a bridge would that encourage others, if so jump.

Getting ahead of the pandemic, looking at numbers we are finally getting ahead of it. Never said it's over but compare now to months ago, excluding a few spikes in certain areas.

I will bet I am around way less people than most here with a few exceptions, I am retired I rarely go anywhere and rarely around anyone. On a rare occasion I see my friends, this will not stop or change, we hug and kiss, it's what we do, so this makes the mask kind of silly at that point.

You have been wanting to point out that post again, I could tell. Because it says powerful governments on earth or taxes, or the general idea ? It's very generic, no particular government, country or party of any of those mentioned  I posted it because of the fact of how silly it sounds when it's said in the most simplest way, not because of anything political, that could go many ways depending on how it's taken, like most things .

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Yep. 

I would guess you mean the stupid part, OK, could be.

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I think you're just being facetious as I know that you love your wife and thus, you're wearing the mask to protect her as well as yourself. 

BUT, if that isn't motivation enough ... I'll give you a shiny silver dollar if you wear one. I promise, if you hold it up to the light it will sparkle. 

My wife, of course I love her, and kids, grandkids, with the wife it has not changed in 42 years.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

But @dtel -- going to a wedding.  that's like showing up to watch someone walk into prison. (says the lonely single guy).

For many it's true, but this is two friends who have been together as long as we have known them, no one knew why it didn't happen years ago to the point everyone was surprised when it was announced. This is the second friend in the last 1.5 years who said they would never get married but did to the person they were with for many years, that was a surprise also.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

problem solved ... accidentally send those three people an email saying that wedding was called off. that way, you're not around any strangers. 

They wouldn't listen to me, it's going to happen no matter what I say, and it's going to ba a party. Knowing many of the people going and the guy whose house it will be at, the homeowner alone is a party waiting to happen. We wouldn't miss it, if nothing else it will be a great time, we try to have them as often as possible.

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I will promise this, if we see people wearing a mask we will also, there are some in the car already. But I can't imagine that happening.

What I want is for you to take that shiny silver dollar and put it with a bunch more money and buy that guitar your looking at, whichever one you decide on, it makes no difference how many you have already they make you happy is all that matters. 

I knew posting that original post would stir things up, not hard to imagine with everything going on.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dtel said:

You have been wanting to point out that post again, I could tell. Because it says powerful governments on earth or taxes, or the general idea ? It's very generic, no particular government, country or party of any of those mentioned  I posted it because of the fact of how silly it sounds when it's said in the most simplest way, not because of anything political, that could go many ways depending on how it's taken, like most things .

If you're always looking for political context, you'll always find it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Never said it's over but compare now to months ago, excluding a few spikes in certain areas.

What you say above is just not true when you look at the moving averages. In Texas we are up 15% over the last 2 weeks.. In Arizona (another one of the states mentioned last night as "going down") is up by 55% over the last two weeks. Insofar as "rounding the curve" here in the US, This is the actual news from this morning:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielcassady/2020/10/23/us-hits-2nd-highest-number-of-new-covid-cases-since-july/#5bda0f6f4472 

From the link: 

"The 76,560 new cases of Covid-19 came as the country reached over 8.3 million cases since the start of the pandemic, according to Covid Tracking Project data.

The previous daily record was over 77,000 cases in mid-July, according to the New York Times. "

7 hours ago, dtel said:

I knew posting that original post would stir things up, not hard to imagine with everything going on.

Mission accomplished! You are a moderator and intentionally  trying to stir things up and as you know I have a different opinion will gladly debate you on this issue because what you say the about the Coronavirus "Never said it's over but compare now to months ago, excluding a few spikes in certain areas," IS spreading FAKE NEWS and is not true.

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
7 hours ago, dtel said:

If you're always looking for political context, you'll always find it.

dtel, yes I have. I like coming to the Klipsch Forum and the exact quote above IS a political statement that I would love to debate you on, but isn't allowed per the TOS. Insofar as CEC's comments above it's a moot point because dtel the Moderator knew he was going to "stir things up."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:
11 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:
12 hours ago, dtel said:

Yep. 

I would guess you mean the stupid part, OK, could be.

Btw, I don't think you are "stupid" it's the "I don't care," thing that is disturbing. I have been going to work for the last 5 months (after the Government closed my business down for two months) wearing a mask and social distancing which IS mandated by our state Government and I hate it! I do it to protect others including those who don't seem to understand (or care to) while I trust scientist over politicians. 

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Moot but an accurate observation.

Possibly in general but NOT for the post in question--He knew it was political and stated he knew it would "stir things up."

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Great subject for a PM.

Not really. A PM wouldn't address the problem of selective moderating just like it didn't when I pointed out you were evidently not aware of your political bias refereeing threads when you were a MOD.