Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Rode a Fazer before I got that 1100cc water cooled, four cylinder, four carburetor, six speed, shaft drive Honda that just felt right.

That Yamaha Fazer was scary fast and I had only ridden an 880 Sportster years before, so I got the Honda.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Rode a Fazer before I got that 1100cc water cooled, four cylinder, four carburetor, six speed, shaft drive Honda that just felt right.

That Yamaha Fazer was scary fast and I had only ridden an 880 Sportster years before, so I got the Honda.

1100 water buffalo...

• Haha 1

Think it was called café style? Good for long trips from Daytona and back or I-4 the other way to Tampa, room for two. But the engine weight was in front of my body a little and it would slingshot through the curves. I could take them f'n fast! Just heavy but it felt effortless because of the power!

• Like 1

That storm is moving quickly, it's already halfway to Hattiesburg on the radar I'm looking at now at 10:00pm EST.

Backed out of that radar and opened the other weather links... they put a TS warning up for us in Charlotte, NC until the morning:dry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Thanks for that Randy, great video.

2 hours ago, Edgar said:

I miss it sometimes. It was crude, uncomfortable, and fast enough to make you swallow your gum.

Zx11.jpg

Sweet....last fast...is fast.

51 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That storm is moving quickly, it's already halfway to Hattiesburg on the radar I'm looking at now at 10:00pm EST.

Backed out of that radar and opened the other weather links... they put a TS warning up for us in Charlotte, NC until the morning:dry:

Hope everyone stays safe.

• Like 3

Here's a pic of miss piggy.....she's fat, heavy, slow, and the best handling, funnest bike I've ever ridden. RVT1000r, RC51, SP2. Just a little throttle blip and those 2 big cylinders and Sato race pipes will set off car alarms 50' away! I picked my 12 year old daughter up from school one day, she loved to ride, Mom wasn't crazy about it though.

IMG_20120529_140546-1.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Here's a pic of miss piggy.....she's fat, heavy, slow, and the best handling, funnest bike I've ever ridden. RVT1000r, RC51, SP2. Just a little throttle blip and those 2 big cylinders and Sato race pipes will set off car alarms 50' away! I picked my 12 year old daughter up from school one day, she loved to ride, Mom wasn't crazy about it though.

Super   picture ,  your daughter seems to be thrilled with the ride -

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Super   picture ,  your daughter seems to be thrilled with the ride -

My wife is a teacher at her school. I had her place that helmet in Mom's car so we could ride after school. There was about 12 of her friends out there waiting when I showed up. Yea, she was pretty happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

My wife is a teacher at her school. I had her place that helmet in Mom's car so we could ride after school. There was about 12 of her friends out there waiting when I showed up. Yea, she was pretty happy.

- it won't be long before she asks you to teach her how to ride motorcycles -

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

- it won't be long before she asks you to teach her how to ride motorcycles -

Yea she brings that up a few times a year, her Mom would have a heart attack. She says when she's out on her own someday she'll have a bike.

• Like 2

About twenty-five years ago, I was riding to a racing shop out of town, and found myself beside a Hayabusa one evening.  When traffic cleared, we speeded up.  At about 220 km/hr/140 mph, I pulled ahead and left him on my FZ1000.  I thought that was really odd, because the Hayabusa should be the faster bike.

When I got to the shop,  I mentioned what had happened, and that I was puzzled about it.  The shop owner said, “Well, you’re a racer, right?  You have no fear of speed.  Most people do.”  That explained it.

So has Woofers and Tweeters seen this thread?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

beautiful  glossy black  ZX11 and  a Corbin seat --

I had that Corbin custom-made to raise the seat height by about 2 inches. Also installed risers on the bars. At 6'4" tall I was too big for the bike. It was never a comfortable ride for me.

7 hours ago, Islander said:

About twenty-five years ago, I was riding to a racing shop out of town, and found myself beside a Hayabusa one evening.  When traffic cleared, we speeded up.  At about 220 km/hr/140 mph, I pulled ahead and left him on my FZ1000.  I thought that was really odd, because the Hayabusa should be the faster bike.

When I got to the shop,  I mentioned what had happened, and that I was puzzled about it.  The shop owner said, “Well, you’re a racer, right?  You have no fear of speed.  Most people do.”  That explained it.

So has Woofers and Tweeters seen this thread?

Yea that Busa should've pulled away easily. Your bike would be quicker from a stop. 

There's a stretch of road just a few miles from me, about 6 miles long, just a couple cross streets, good surface, not a lot of traffic, and great visibility, a perfect road to test your latest mods to your bike or car. My brother thought I was insane when I told him I saw 160 on my speedometer one day while riding. I reminded him that a good running bike can hit 150 in a half of a mile. I read once that a stock GSXR1000 went from 0-100-0 in less than 10 seconds

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edgar said:

I had that Corbin custom-made to raise the seat height by about 2 inches. Also installed risers on the bars. At 6'4" tall I was too big for the bike. It was never a comfortable ride for me.

Ever rode a Hayabusa? They're pretty comfy for a larger person.

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Ever rode a Hayabusa? They pretty comfy for a larger person.

Thought about buying one of the original series. But leg room was too small and reach to the bars was too long -- I am long-legged.

I've been "bikeless" for the last decade. I think about it sometimes, but I don't miss being treated like a toy by the drivers of cars. Maybe someday I'll buy a small-displacement bike for fun on back roads. But my days of highways and long rides are over. It's too crazy out there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

in those days , The best I had was the VF1000R ---and the CBX,  , what  a Fantastic Motor -

Honda CBX 1000 custom | Honda cbx, Kawasaki bikes, Honda bikes

There were 2 CBX's in my neighborhood back in day when they were new.

Both had two 3 into 1 open Kerker headers on them. What a sound.

The CBX was the only bike I ran across to edge out my 1973 900 Z1 in some street fun.

6 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Thought about buying one of the original series. But leg room was too small and reach to the bars was too long -- I am long-legged.

I've been "bikeless" for the last decade. I think about it sometimes, but I don't miss being treated like a toy by the drivers of cars. Maybe someday I'll buy a small-displacement bike for fun on back roads. But my days of highways and long rides are over. It's too crazy out there.

Yea some cage drivers are clueless, it's like we have to really anticipate what they're about to do. It gets tiresome driving for everyone on the street. There are many choices to get your two wheel fix these days. I never thought I would like an adventure bike, but a few friends swear by them. There are some awesome roads in the Missouri area.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davis said:

There were 2 CBX's in my neighborhood back in day when they were new.

Both had two 3 into 1 open Kerker headers on them. What a sound.

The CBX was the only bike I ran across to edge out my 1973 900 Z1 in some street fun.

I also had a 73 Z1,   I brought it to a shop for a  repair in 79  with 7k miles on the odometer  , I  left my keys and helmet with the plan to pick it  up after work  , one of the staffers took the bike out for a joy ride and crashed it badly ,     he was lucky to survive  , my brand new Arai full face Helmet was split in half ------  lesson learned , never leave your bike un -attended at any shop -

1975 Kawasaki Z1 900 | Picture 1946869

• Like 1
  • Sad 1