Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Fixed thanks, don't know what I touched ?

I think you would still get a good amount of oil on it ? We use a my Grandfathers old Drip-O-Lator brand pot without a filter and it gets plenty of dark oily stuff on the inside where the coffee goes. It has to whiped off it will not rinse off.

I love that old coffee pot, I remember him using it since I was young, he used a old piece of mesh for a filter, it looked like a piece of panty hose to me, he had two one in the pot and the other on the windowsill drying.

We use tap water which is well water here.

Edited by dtel

"A question about water for coffee. Do you use tap water, well water, and/or filtered water. My cup this afternoon was made with filtered water from the refrigerator."

I've got an RO filter in the kitchen. I use that exclusively for coffee and espresso. Oh yeah, it's used for drinking water and ice too LOL.

Edited by CECAA850

A Mr Coffee is just fine, but in order for a response from me you will need to replace the power cable with NO less than a 10Ga monster

Actually, the Mr. Coffee can produce a truly clean, pure, focused brew with only the tweak of a 24 carat gold filter basket.

Dave

Yes, I strongly agree, I owned them, currently the wife and I run a SS Old School Proctor, purchased at a hardware store, and the secret is once a week clean it with Oxyclean, Frigging brand new! Taste is amazing.........wich remindes me, I need to do that.......

• Like 2

Hey that's where I dry my panty hose

I think you would still get a good amount of oil on it ? We use a my Grandfathers old Drip-O-Lator brand pot without a filter and it gets plenty of dark oily stuff on the inside where the coffee goes.

I love that old coffee pot, I remember him using it since I was young, he used a old piece of mesh for a filter, it looked like a piece of panty hose to me, he had two one in the pot and the other on the windowsill drying.

Hey that's where I dry my panty hose :wacko:

• Like 2

The best part of the coffee is the oils that are in the beans.

See my note a page or so in regarding my opinion on why air suspension roasting didn't deliver as good a cup as cast iron.

Sweet Maria, a truly authoritative source, seems to believe this comes from the length of time they take...but I bet to differ with them.

Crikey, this is beginning to sound like the Cable Myths thread...

Dave

• Moderators
A good cup of coffee made this way will have a bean oil slick on top that looks like gasoline on water.

:o I get that, was a little worried, didn't know what it was but I drink it anyway. Had no idea that was oils.

Crikey, this is beginning to sound like the Cable Myths thread...

Dave

But we are a friendlier bunch....interested only in the really important stuff. Points deducted for staying on topic here.

I'm hoping that this thread can detour in to a synthetic motor oil debate or a debate about whether or not to neuter your dog.

Edited by Tarheel

I think you would still get a good amount of oil on it ? We use a my Grandfathers old Drip-O-Lator brand pot without a filter and it gets plenty of dark oily stuff on the inside where the coffee goes.

Funny you should say that, so I will repeat what Iv heard at a local Pub, NEVER EVER use the coffee pot in a Hotel/Motel ! ...Airline stewardess use them to clean their Pantyhose.......EEEEK!

• Like 2

Funny you should say that, so I will repeat what Iv heard at a local Pub, NEVER EVER use the coffee pot in a Hotel/Motel ! ...Airline stewardess use them to clean their Pantyhose.......EEEEK!

But are they really cute stewardesses?

if you want to step up in a major way but would like to keep the cost very low and have something that you can camp or hike with buy an Aero Press and an inexpensive grinder. The Aero Press makes the best coffee I have ever hac and lets you experiment with technique as much as you want. Superb design and fantastic product. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.aeropress.ca/

Yum.....scotch.....wish I could still afford to buy it.....might skip the afternoon coffee if I had a good single malt. Heck I would settle for a Dalmore cigar malt with one cube of ice.

Never had chicory.

Darn, I was gonna recommend a jigger of single malt in your morning coffee. Dad was telling me that one of the most successful businessmen he ever knew had a shot every morning.

Go for it! It makes millionaires.

B)

• Moderators

But are they really cute stewardesses?

But still