Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

my fiances roses are ok i assume. the tulips should be fine too i guess. the weather to me is actually the same as what i remember as when i was a kid. about 40 now. i remember it snowing in may 20 or more years ago up here. still a bit concerning. makes me feel like humanity is just a guest on the planet regardless for a short period of time. not to sound too weird although some drastic changes can result drastically. good times to enjoy our stay :)

• Like 1

No Tomatoes here, never planted anything yet. It was 33 last night, thought I was going to freeze to death, almost had to light the heater.

I don't do anything special to the garden, it doesn't even have dirt, it's a raised bed that was filled with horse poop about 10 years ago, still don't even need to add fertilizer, the bad part was the first couple of years it would burn up everything in it including weeds.

Yep, feels nice here today! Do not know where it came from except for my grandpa via the Farmer's Almanac but folks around here, at least the old school ones, never plant anything until after Good Friday. Guess they wanted to be safe. Springtime needs to stay around awhile. Horse poop may be answer to our tomatoes problem. Bet greens would grow good too!

• Like 1

• Moderators
The music system lies dormant.....must fire it up soon. Wish it could do something in addition to music......maybe make toast or boil an egg

It can do something even better, have it play something slow and have the tanned neighbor do a private dance for you. :D

Better not, we like you posting here and not sure if your heart could take it ? :(

• Like 1

makes me feel like humanity is just a guest on the planet regardless for a short period of time.

It's true no one gets out alive

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries with whipped cream in the other hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

I cant remember reading that although seems youv had that in your sig for a while. great quote!

No Tomatoes here, never planted anything yet. It was 33 last night, thought I was going to freeze to death, almost had to light the heater.

I don't do anything special to the garden, it doesn't even have dirt, it's a raised bed that was filled with horse poop about 10 years ago, still don't even need to add fertilizer, the bad part was the first couple of years it would burn up everything in it including weeds.

Yep, feels nice here today! Do not know where it came from except for my grandpa via the Farmer's Almanac but folks around here, at least the old school ones, never plant anything until after Good Friday. Guess they wanted to be safe. Springtime needs to stay around awhile. Horse poop may be answer to our tomatoes problem. Bet greens would grow good too!

Nice here today too. snows gone at least. Farmers almanac is real good notion. After good friday sounds just right. I did notice in my bathroom right near the outside with a brick wall and drywall between bathroom and outdoors. Anyhow theres a huge moisture spot about 6"x4" on the ceiling right next to the vent. Gotta be a result of this northeast weather. My wife took a shower last night(i only take 1 a month or for doc appts lol)and the moisture just collected there its weird. I havnt decided if i should just wipe it off the ceiling or try to dry it naturally lol got the bathroom vent running and a space heater running idk just a weird thing i guess the weather could only help provide

• Like 1

• Moderators
Horse poop may be answer to our tomatoes problem. Bet greens would grow good too!

Everything seems to like it, if you don't live where you can get horse poop feed stores sell chicken poop in bags like you see potting soil. Just be very careful when fresh either is hot. Especially chicken poop, one or two shovels full is enough for a good size tree.

I haven't added any in years, we use to go to the chicken farms, they would load our trailer, 20' long with 2' sides piled with as much as it could hold for $20, the same at the horse stables.

One big caution, you have to be very careful with the chicken stuff and it stinks for a while if it's fresh, horse stuff does not really smell much at all. Where I had it piled far in the back yard the grass is still dark green and much thicker and faster growing than anywhere in the yard and it's been probably 10 years since we did that. NO more fresh chicken poop for me, It smelled like I was piling dead bodies in the back yard, and were talking hundreds of feet from the house, i'm surprised no one called the police thinking someone was dead back there.

• Like 2

The music system lies dormant.....must fire it up soon. Wish it could do something in addition to music......maybe make toast or boil an egg

It can do something even better, have it play something slow and have the tanned neighbor do a private dance for you. :D

Better not, we like you posting here and not sure if your heart could take it ? :(

Interesting topic. Iv always wondered if i were the only one. My system lies dormant too so often. I love music and have cds iv never heard yet. i wondered how many of us around here actually listen to our gear lol I honestly have more gear than i know what to do with(im down to what keeps me content even giving some of of my favorite gear to friends) and have music always just a button push away. My wife listens to hers all the time. I guess its just a bunch of great people on this forum and for myself just having my gear ready keeps me content

• Like 2

Horse poop may be answer to our tomatoes problem. Bet greens would grow good too!

Everything seems to like it, if you don't live where you can get horse poop feed stores sell chicken poop in bags like you see potting soil. Just be very careful when fresh either is hot. Especially chicken poop, one or two shovels full is enough for a good size tree.

I haven't added any in years, we use to go to the chicken farms, they would load our trailer, 20' long with 2' sides piled with as much as it could hold for $20, the same at the horse stables.

One big caution, you have to be very careful with the chicken stuff and it stinks for a while if it's fresh, horse stuff does not really smell much at all. Where I had it piled far in the back yard the grass is still dark green and much thicker and faster growing than anywhere in the yard and it's been probably 10 years since we did that. NO more fresh chicken poop for me, It smelled like I was piling dead bodies in the back yard, and were talking hundreds of feet from the house, i'm surprised no one called the police thinking someone was dead back there.

LOL, thanks, I will not make that mistake. Seems like a little horse poop even, can go a long ways.

Nice here today too. snows gone at least. Farmers almanac is real good notion. After good friday sounds just right. I did notice in my bathroom right near the outside with a brick wall and drywall between bathroom and outdoors. Anyhow theres a huge moisture spot about 6"x4" on the ceiling right next to the vent. Gotta be a result of this northeast weather. My wife took a shower last night(i only take 1 a month or for doc appts lol)and the moisture just collected there its weird. I havnt decided if i should just wipe it off the ceiling or try to dry it naturally lol got the bathroom vent running and a space heater running idk just a weird thing i guess the weather could only help provid

Proceed with caution if you wipe... :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
My wife took a shower last night(i only take 1 a month or for doc appts lol)and the moisture just collected there its weird. I havnt decided if i should just wipe it off the ceiling or try to dry it naturally

OK, well I would think your wife is not happy about that, not the spot but how you smell, :o:D I would just leave the moisture spot dry on it own, but try to see what caused it, bad wind could have blown water where it normally doesn't leak ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
Interesting topic. Iv always wondered if i were the only one. My system lies dormant too so often. I love music and have cds iv never heard yet. i wondered how many of us around here actually listen to our gear lol

Every day for hours, if not I feel like I missed something. Two channel in the living room and the new setup in the bar in the yard get used everyday. If people are doing something in the house or living room and I can't use that one I go outside and listen.

One thing I found is if I depend on CD's or concert DVD's I get bored, internet radio like Pandora or Spotify have more and different music than I could possibly ever have and it even picks what to play next.

How many times have you walked up and looked at your CD's and couldn't figure out what you wanted to hear ? For me it was alot, I would much rather put on internet radio and let it go except for an occasional switch because I didn't like a particular song. And the more you do that the more it gives you the style you want to hear, I love it really.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

My system lies dormant too so often

That's why I have systems everywhere :P .

I have 2 boxes to build and will be spending a lot of my spare time in the garage. I'll have the music cranked up the whole time.

I do too no doubt. I just dont use them like i imagine others do now as i see

• Like 1

• Moderators

All my plants are in pots or planters. I lost a couple of seedlings last week due to the cold. Everything got moved into the garage and put under a light for the next couple days.

That's the smart thing to do, but I'm usually not organized enough to do it. Even with them going in the raised bed I use to put them in pots early so I could bring them in for cold, this way the could grow a little and I had bigger plants with much bigger roots to plant which helped alot.

If anyone likes Eggplant, there is a variety that does really well and produces much more than the normal eggplant. It's called Ichiban, it's a Japanese variety, it has a different shape but the same exact taste and is much easier to grow. It seems I always had some problem with the normal Eggplants, either bugs or something but we started with the Ichiban a few years ago and love it. We usually just peel, dip in egg and good Italian bread crumbs and fry, they love it.

http://bonnieplants.com/products/vegetables/eggplant/ichiban-japanese-eggplant

• Like 2

You are right.....the heart would likely fail.

I learned yesterday that she is 18 not 19.

She is in her last year at an exclusive private school.....will be going to college in SC next year :emotion-50:

She is blonde, tanned, and fills out the bikini well enough to bring tears to your eyes. Oh to be forty years younger and know what dtel knows!