Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

So diversion and time is the prescription.

Life goes on.......

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

...and music! Put on some of your favorite upbeat music, and if a song comes on that hits too close in the wrong direction, turn it off. Dogs are phenomenal with how they sense when you are down, and they are right there for you to pick you up! Way to go Jake!

• Like 2

• Moderators

I always say things happen for a reason.

Strange, you being in the position to find Jake at the time when you did, then this, could be why Jake came to be with you ?

Who knows, strange things happen.

But your not alone even without Jake.

• Like 4

Well looks like I am staying home today with the son, he has been fighting a cold since Thursday. His temp has gone down, but he woke up crying his throat hurt pretty bad. So it looks like I am going to need to take him to the doctor. I must say I have been fortunate that my kids haven't been that sick this year. Other then problems with his allergies this one of the only times I have had to stay home with him so far this year.

So I am going to suck down some coffee, take my daughter to day care and maybe go back to bed, as I have nothing to do.

• Like 3

Tarheel,

There is nothing like keeping busy to help you through a difficult time. Sitting home and just thinking makes time slow down and things look bleak. It's summer - get out and do something fun. Everyone has said this, and even though it is a cliché, it is true - time is the only antidote for these types of things.

Hang in there. As difficult as this is, there are many worse things.

• Like 2

Mornin Gang:

Saturday they said Monday was going to be 106, I look today and now it's 100, dam, I even replaced my ac filter just for today.

Hope Jake is seeing to Tarhell ok, we may need to send Jake a box of Bacon Bits.

Tar just may need a we bit of DocMiner's Duggans for his morning Cup-o-Joe, I may just look into that.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

Thanks for the words guys. I told the ex that I would not be sitting home pining away and I haven't been. Getting right back in the saddle works best for me :)

duder....sorry about your son. My mom always had us gargle with warm salt water a couple of times a day. I still do that if the throat is feeing scratchy.

Funny......Jake sleeps later than I do. Finished my second cup.....he ate breakfast and went back to bed.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Everyone has said this, and even though it is a cliché, it is true - time is the only antidote for these types of things.

Well almost the only antidote..............

post-9700-0-50340000-1404756677_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ran to work to try to get some stuff going, then the boss emailed me that its against company policy to bring your kids to work. Looks like someone had an issue with it, so back at home. I guess I will just let them figure everything out.

• Like 2

Funny you ask. I was thinking of the same thing very recently, but not because of my dogs going through, but to zap insects, mostly mosquitoes. I love my battery operated bug zappers. I have four of them, mostly use inside. They are powered by only 2 AA batteries. Most of my window screens are metal, and up high enough where pets or kids can't reach. I am sure someone has tried to retrofit them to wire their windows. Low voltage landscape wiring maybe. For windows and insects though.

Just fixed the rear screen to the deck three days ago. We had thunderstorms today and Ike (our German Shepard) ran right through it...again! I wonder how to electrify a screen door?

You need a 12 volt source, a turn signal blinker from a car. a coil from a car, The coil wire goes to the door.

You may want to keep an eye on the door in case company comes.

Tested, and Effective.

Only draw back is if the dog can hear the blinker switch he/she may associate the sound with the hot door,

• Moderators

Just wanted to say do not clean peppers without rubber gloves, It does not burn right away, it waits. :mellow: And I did wash them about every 5 minutes when handling them, just glad it wasn't any really hot peppers.

Only had one glove so didn't bother, should have looked more for another, dumbass.

I went reading and found, wash with vegetable oil, dish washing soap and alcohol, it all helped but not perfect.

Just wanted to say do not clean peppers without rubber gloves, It does not burn right away, it waits. :mellow: And I did wash them about every 5 minutes when handling them, just glad it wasn't any really hot peppers.

Only had one glove so didn't bother, should have looked more for another, dumbass.

I went reading and found, wash with vegetable oil, dish washing soap and alcohol, it all helped but not perfect.

I've been down that road cutting Jalapeno peppers for Jalapeno poppers, my wife had done the same with Cayenne peppers. It can burn for a while if the peppers are hot enough.

Well, I spent yesterday catching up on the thread to find out what was happening with you all before I post my little bit of vacation speak.

Cabin was at 4600+ feet and was a break from the summer heat both day and night. Saw places in and around Maggie Valley, NC that were awesome in sights and sounds. The Ponderosa it was called. A nice western theme throughout with the Cartwrights,Gene Autrey autographed pictures,etc. Spacious with a Nordic hot tub,nice DVD selection with an upper and lower floor. We stayed upper. Six restaurants for a nice sitdown meal including Ober Gatlinburg. Close as I came to teramusa was not interesting so, later on will try.

ABC liquor store had the American Honey in miniatures, of which I expected to bring some home but, alas, I downed them on the deck overlooking the very scenic view of surrounding mountains. Smooth straight out of the bottle was superb. I give it 5 stars. No Franjelico in miniature but will continue to seekout. Was able to see at least 5 sets of fireworks of which 2 appeared sanctioned.

Coffee Folgers wholesale was imbibed by all, me being the 3 cupper per day, as time permitted between the daytripping along the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Chipmunks and birds were fun to watch. Friend had a case of CD's by various artists which we listened to, much to the chagrin of the ladyfolk, who could not reach the volume knob from the backseat of the Ford Edge, which did good on the trip,of which I did not as much as touch the steering wheel. Except for the riding, I enjoyed from the getgo the calming, cool weather vacation. Nice break and can rec...... :)

BTW, I passed on the legal moonshine! Guess I did not want to crash our party. Maybe nextime...

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

Thanks Earl. I sit here still licking my wounds but having survived the death of my wife in 2010 I'll make it through this in time.

Got an encouraging PM from Steve last night and read it after leaving a music venue down town. Brought a tear to my eye. Thanks Steve!

Jake picked up on my mood and has been coming over to me putting his chin on my leg. A great friend. So diversion and time is the prescription.

Life goes on.......

There's a reason your four legged friend is in your life right now.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Smooth straight out of the bottle was superb. I give it 5 stars.

It really is that good, my new favorite thanks to CECAA, glad you liked it.

Sounds like a nice trip, it is really great looking scenery in that area, were going in a few weeks. Fall with all the leaves changing is hard to beat but we go whenever we can.

Were going in a few weeks, our daughter is bringing her motorbike over here in a couple of days, she wants me to practice riding for a couple of weeks so I can ride it with the wife while up there. I have not been on a bike in 30 years I am a little nervous about this, not sure it's going to happen. All I know is it is grey color and looks really big and much more shiny than the dirt bikes I had had, don't think this is a good idea really. But you never know what will happen, Christy said she will ride with me which is not a smart answer considering, she trust me more than I do. :blink:

Sounds like a good trip.

• Like 2