Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Been working since yesterday to get my Logitech Duet up and running. Just found out there's no app for Beats :angry:

Bummer dude, I don't know what a Logitech duet is. Regardless it sucks when things don't turn out your way.

I got it as a source for a system I'm building.  I wanted to stream Beats through it.  I knew it supported MOG but they don't have an app for Beats.  It's my fault for not thoroughly checking it out before purchasing it.  It will stream music from a hard drive also but I don't have any.

• Like 1

Been working since yesterday to get my Logitech Duet up and running. Just found out there's no app for Beats :angry:

Bummer dude, I don't know what a Logitech duet is. Regardless it sucks when things don't turn out your way.

I got it as a source for a system I'm building.  I wanted to stream Beats through it.  I knew it supported MOG but they don't have an app for Beats.  It's my fault for not thoroughly checking it out before purchasing it.  It will stream music from a hard drive also but I don't have any.

So if you ran this product via component input, or digital input to a receiver, then a cat5e or alike to the network.  I could then listen to music off of my sever, is there an app for that so one could control it with their phone. 

When you say Beats, are you talking about a music program on your android phone.  If so is there a different program you could use like plex. 

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 31 Aug 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

duder1982, on 31 Aug 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

CECAA850, on 31 Aug 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Just read a story about this app problems the other day, it said it's up to the separate companies (beats) to design and supply the apps. Problem with Logitech is they don't make the devices anymore so no company will design an app for a device not being built anymore. Logitech stopped making those before Beats took over MOG. sucks  

A good while back I decided to try the Duet, started looking to buy, this was a few months after they stopped making them, had no idea they quit. :(   Setting it up for a small laptop is probably the safest way to go, you can use any of the services or any new ones that pop up without the app problem.

• Like 1

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 30 Aug 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Hey Chuck--if you see your lady friend again and she wants to know if you’re a hippie ...

​I buy stuff from this place called The Hippie Shop.  I recently had stuff delivered to my office. I’m one of those guys that has to open something immediately upon receipt…so i did (clothes and a wallet).  In the bottom of the box were two peace sign lollipops.  Gave one to this gal at work and told her, “I shop at The Hippie Shop, so  i can't guarantee that these aren’t laced with something.”  She smiled and said, “we can only hope.”  So order something online and you’ll get some peace sign lollipops---they’re good ice breakers.

Is this the same place, If so they have some nice stuff. For people with music rooms or home theaters they have some nice posters of bands and other stuff to hang on the wall at really good prices.

http://www.hippieshop.com/

• Like 1

So if you ran this product via component input, or digital input to a receiver, then a cat5e or alike to the network. I could then listen to music off of my sever, is there an app for that so one could control it with their phone. When you say Beats, are you talking about a music program on your android phone. If so is there a different program you could use like plex.

It has a remote control that can be brought anywhere in or around your house and be controlled from it.  You can hook it up to your network and stream music from your computer.  I have 2 bases so I can hook it up to 2 separate systems and choose whichever one I want from the remote.  There's an app for Sirius but I think I need to upgrade my service from just auto to auto and streaming.  There's an app for Pandora also.  It's a really cool device.  Hope I can use it!

• Like 1

BigStewMan, on 30 Aug 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Hey Chuck--if you see your lady friend again and she wants to know if you’re a hippie ...

​I buy stuff from this place called The Hippie Shop.  I recently had stuff delivered to my office. I’m one of those guys that has to open something immediately upon receipt…so i did (clothes and a wallet).  In the bottom of the box were two peace sign lollipops.  Gave one to this gal at work and told her, “I shop at The Hippie Shop, so  i can't guarantee that these aren’t laced with something.”  She smiled and said, “we can only hope.”  So order something online and you’ll get some peace sign lollipops---they’re good ice breakers.

Is this the same place, If so they have some nice stuff. For people with music rooms or home theaters they have some nice posters of bands and other stuff to hang on the wall at really good prices.

http://www.hippieshop.com/

yeah that’s the place.  you can get some cool stuff. 

You can hook it up to your network and stream music from your computer.

Could you just do this for Beats ?

It's possible, I don't know yet.  This is a case where I'm on the losing end of "you have to be smarter than what you're working with".

EDIT:  I THINK you need the app to control the remote.  Otherwise you have no way to change content.

Edited by CECAA850

Well so much for the weekend dates.  I asked a pretty lady friend from Ukraine if she had any pretty friends back in the Homeland that are looking for an old geezer.  She replied yes I have a beautiful friend there that would like a man like you.  She gave her my contact info.

I'll keep you up to date :)

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents and Happy Labor Day!

• Like 1

Well so much for the weekend dates. I asked a pretty lady friend from Ukraine if she had any pretty friends back in the Homeland that are looking for an old geezer. She replied yes I have a beautiful friend there that would like a man like you. She gave her my contact info.

I'll keep you up to date :)

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents and Happy Labor Day!

Yes mail order bride is the way to go. Do you know people actually try to pay for those through PayPal. My buddies wife is the one the investigates purchase made over 10,000, and she catches people all the time.
  • Like 3

At this point in time with the turmoil and atrocities there I think they would do anything to get out.  My friend Nataliya is very refreshing in her attitude about things we take for granted.  So....no I would not pay for a mail order bride but if she can get here on her own I would be willing to talk. 

• Like 4