Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 03 Oct 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

an ice breaker on the great lakes.  mostly staff positions; but, when i wanted a ride i could do down to the boats and hitch a ride. Those RHIBs go fast. 

Didn't know what RHIB's were, had to go look didn't know they were called that. OK I'm from the South never realized they used ice breakers in the great lakes, there is some videos of them breaking ice making paths for cargo ships, and it was so cold you could only go outside for like 10 minutes at a time.

• Like 1

Yesterday wasn't bad my friends.  Went down to the "Redneck Rivera" (Little River, SC) and met a match date who kissed me on the lips upon arrival and it got better from there.  A rustic and quaint area where the locals seem more relaxed and ready to have a good time.  A little rough around the edges and the motorcycle gang was a little over the hill to be intimidating.  Did some bar hopping and even danced a little.  Lost a flip flop on the dance floor but was able to unsnap her bra to make up for it.  She was cute, wild, and fun and had a nice email waiting for me when I got home. 

The only negative was the she crab soup I had heard about was not note worthy.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Morning gang:

Wife came back from Reno as planned last night, scoped some interesting areas to look at living in.

Finely sold my Haffler Amp to a local gent who upon walking into the Cave, first thing he ask was not about the Amp he was buying, he just said looking at the Stacks, lets hear them. ok.

He left with a memory or two.

Cooler weather, 90s tops, flyin bugs everywhere, of course Infrared CCTV cams seems to bring them in.

• Like 5

Yesterday wasn't bad my friends.  Went down to the "Redneck Rivera" (Little River, SC) and met a match date who kissed me on the lips upon arrival and it got better from there.  A rustic and quaint area where the locals seem more relaxed and ready to have a good time.  A little rough around the edges and the motorcycle gang was a little over the hill to be intimidating.  Did some bar hopping and even danced a little.  Lost a flip flop on the dance floor but was able to unsnap her bra to make up for it.  She was cute, wild, and fun and had a nice email waiting for me when I got home. 

The only negative was the she crab soup I had heard about was not note worthy.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

I knew you would be posting a happy outing, they are out there, it's just that you need to process a lot of Phillys before the better one(s) come along.

• Like 4

Been up since 3am PST, that's what i get for Napping any dam time i want. Half the pot w/Duggans so far.

New 32" LED Cave Display came in yesterday, went with an "OffBrand" this time around, "Spector", Imported like everything is.

My requirements were simple, or so i thought, find a Lab/cave monitor that was first a Full HD Tv, then every dam input/output known to man.

Yeah, two months on/off looking everywhere, but iv always looked at the top of the line stuff, started seeing the higher in price, the less inputs/outputs.

This one will be smack dab in front of me for "Game Times" when not running Live Spectrum flow data from antenna feeds(Hobby). 

Time for more coffee :blink2:

• Like 5

When it comes to coffee, I happen to be very fortunate that I work for a company that supplies coffee to many office buildings and office coffee distributors around the country.  "Occasionally" I get to purchase damaged or "short coded" higher quality coffee(Peet's, Starbucks, Seattle's Best, etc.) for pennies on the dollar and my wife is in a constant state of pleasure when it is rightly available in our kitchen pantry. :D   I have purchased coffee from the supermarket at retail prices only a handful of times in the last 13 or so years.

With all that said, I am enjoying a robust cup of "fresh roasted to order" Peet's Major Dickason's Blend as I sit here wasting my time on some forum. ;)

0078535783626_500X500.jpg

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 3

When it comes to coffee, I happen to be very fortunate that I work for a company that supplies coffee to many office buildings and office coffee distributors around the country.  "Occasionally" I get to purchase damaged or "short coded" higher quality coffee(Peet's, Starbucks, Seattle's Best, etc.) for pennies on the dollar and my wife is in a constant state of pleasure when it is rightly available in our kitchen pantry. :D   I have purchased coffee from the supermarket at retail prices only a handful of times in the last 13 or so years.

With all that said, I am enjoying a robust cup of fresh roasted to order Peet's Major Dickason's Blend as I sit here wasting my time on some forum. ;)

Bill

Folgers works well around here, so this peets stuff taste wise better than Folgers?, i see it at the market, just never really gave the designer brands a second thought.

• Like 1

Good exercise dancing, Just show bikers your tattoo on your knees.

49 degrees here overnight they say by the weekend close.

Bugs are bad but, this will help.

Work this weekend but got a surprise rise this week from work. :emotion-44:

Birthday coming up and told a co-worker there. Mentioned  possible retirement. :emotion-44: :emotion-44: Hate to tell them,

it will take more $$$ to keep this stud in their stables... :emotion-44:

• Like 2

With all that said, I am enjoying a robust cup of fresh roasted to order Peet's Major Dickason's Blend as I sit here wasting my time on some forum. ;)

Bill

Folgers works well around here, so this peets stuff taste wise better than Folgers?, i see it at the market, just never really gave the designer brands a second thought.

I have been "spoiled" with my "designer" brands accessibility so Folgers, Maxwell House, etc. are not even on the radar any more.  As mentioned, I can get the "better" coffee at my work for cheaper than the cheap coffee at the grocery store.

To me, it is like comparing a good craft beer to the likes of Bud Lite or Miller Lite, no comparison.

Bill

• Like 3

Yes man, there is a change in the fall air. The brisk yet mild gusts of autumn.Coming down the continent. Was thinking it may follow a pattern every couple of years Actually was hoping. That is early in the season. Turned cool

Yes, starting to breathe the cool. A good morning to you.

Have to know you guys around know.near same latitude -_-

The summer down or up here is like cat on a hot tin roof.

What's not to like. Enjoy!

Coffee in the late AM.

Maybe some deer soup, except not familiar. Game though!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Morning gang

Wife had coffee ready, the Duggans is a flowin.

Come out to the cave and find my keyboard has died, well that's a first.

Good to have a stash of Pc extras stored.

Had to check the Calender today, yes woke up and had no idea what day it was, nor care.

97 predicted here, pool maintenance is in order.

Iv been informed there is no Bacon/eggs, hummmm.

• Like 2

Think ill take the wife out and restart the day with a couple BMs then wally world for the staples, maybe the meat market.

I need a Buz, later iv got to deal with "Cables" on the desk top. should get some Lagavulin for the day that's ahead of me.

I will be Coring hole(s) through the walls in an effort to conceal all cabling.

1 1/2" pvc on the out side wall, that should do it! who cares what the back side of the garage looks like anyway? :ph34r:

• Like 2